It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Surfrat

How is this breaking political news?
This is old news.
Did no one post this already?

Anyway, yeah if you look at them they say police rescue.
so one of two things will happen.
#1 They will be used against us. 2nd revolution, New World Order, enslavement, or all 3
#2 A Zombi outbreak is going to happen.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Surfrat
Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile
www.thegatewaypundit.com...
This is getting a little creepy
What I don't get is, why does Homeland need 2700 of them, when it's already clear it won't do a thing to patrol the borders? Why do they need a couple of wars' worth of bullets, tanks and drones?

They aren't for the borders possibly.

just a thought.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

Started at 8:30am today

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Fear the Government that Fears your gun.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
If the Wikipedia article on MRAPs is accurate, this is how many the US military ordered in total before now:

[Navistar] International MaxxPro - 5,250 vehicles ordered.

It sounds like DHS purchased 2717 of these according to the article in the OP, which is more than half. This means DHS will now have more of these particular MRAPs than the US military has.

These were considered critical for use in Iraq and Afghanistan, and obviously now it's considered more critical that they be here for domestic use rather than overseas in a war zone.

I can't see how that can be anything other than alarming.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
preparing for the zombies.. you better get yourself a light armor vehicle also that runs on solar power
and plenty of bullets or arrows.. .22 should be good enough though we dont have to blow heads off just a shot to the head and double tap for safe measure as they say in zombieland rule number whichever dont poop wihtout ur gun

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I haven't seen anyone mention this yet, but in the press release video by the Orwellians, he clearly states that the vehicle has only one entrance.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I don't know. I just feel if they were really going to do something with these, they wouldn't be telling us they bought them.

Their control of the American populace is strong as it is. There's no need for something like you all are imagining.
edit on 4-3-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
isn't it the bush DHS ?

give it a rest haters

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
isn't it the bush DHS ?

give it a rest haters

Haters? President Bush hasn't been in office for over four yeas, so it's obamas DHS.
Second.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

It sounds like DHS purchased 2717 of these according to the article in the OP, which is more than half. This means DHS will now have more of these particular MRAPs than the US military has.

Seem to remember a Youtube video of obama saying he wanted a civilian military force as well equipted as our military, maybe he's trying to make his vision come true.
I can never get the video thingy to work, but kick the link as a reminder of what he said.

edit on 4-3-2013 by Chance321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
isn't it the bush DHS ?

give it a rest haters

Haters? President Bush hasn't been in office for over four yeas, so it's obamas DHS.
Second.

No, it's just DHS.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
My question to everyone is why would the DHS purchase these vehicle when infact in a matter of a State emergency that is what the National Guard is supposed to do. Are they planning on takeing on the National Guard and the Reserver componets that don't coporate with beliefs?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
As some have stated before
Hollow point ammo purchases... not for practice
8000 M1 rifle purchases...
approval for Drones in the US
Now these trucks...

and all soo interestingly around the same time the good ole prez attempts to take
away the one freedom in his way.. the right to bare arms..

I cant wait to see what is coming next
edit on 4-3-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
A few random thoughts:

1. I have been looking for a source other than blogs and it gets a little slim. I am not poking holes, just want to make sure this is true.

2. It says retro-fit. So it is not an original purpose. Uncle Sam had previously purchased them, over paid for them, over paid to ship them to theater, beat the crap out of them in theater, overpaid to maintain them, overpaid to ship them back, and is now most likely overpaying to retro-fit them for DHS. Very frugal indeed.

3. The Maxx Pros are a little sloppy in tight traffic. You really have to have a need for them as they are expensive to maintain and operate. I have a hard time imagining local law enforcement being able to afford these. DHS will need to expand to operate them. If they were going to be used by the military, DoD would simply keep them. Different pots of money.

4. Where are all the apologists? I know there were lots of them in the MSM and ATS with the ammunition purchases. If indeed true, how many more clues does one require to wake up the ostrich?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This may be a somewhat dissfunctional company which produces a non industry standard incompatable vehicle for people to risk thier lives in....

No one expected investor Carl Icahn to maintain a passive stake in Navistar International for long. But his scathing attack this morning on the company’s board of directors was nonetheless a stinging rebuke of a company he said had become “a poster child for abysmal business decisions and poor corporate governance.”

Icahn, who owns 15 percent of Navistar stock, was positively apoplectic in his letter to the board of directors, calling its decision to replace chief executive Daniel Ustian with former Textron boss Lewis B. Campbell “worse than ill-advised” and demanding four board seats for the company’s top shareholders, including himself, who together own almost 60 percent of the company.

At Navistar, 'No Disasters' Means It's A Good Day

“The one thing this Board refused to spend money on was a back-up plan involving the industry standard technology Navistar now must rely on,” he wrote.
www.thegatewaypundit.com...

say, what are the odds this is a buddy bailout like that solar power company in Califournia that madeoff with all that loot a couple of years ago?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Set the 700 lbs tires on fire and they can have all the armor they want on the thing and it wont help.

I'm just saying.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mglsite

I also didn't like the way he was using the term " Operator " when talking about Law Enforcement in the USA. That is a War Theater term.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mglsite
reply to post by macman

Set the 700 lbs tires on fire and they can have all the armor they want on the thing and it wont help.

I'm just saying.

Set the whole thing on fire and the 'operators' will be a bit too warm and they will find out how nice it WAS to have oxygen to breathe.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
i want to know why my recent thread on shooting down drones was trashed because they said it was "a call to arms".
yet they are letting everyone on this thread is discuss taking out a U.S. military vehicle?????? WTF?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join