It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Obama DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks to Go With Their 1.6 Billion Bullet Stockpile
www.thegatewaypundit.com...
This is getting a little creepy
What I don't get is, why does Homeland need 2700 of them, when it's already clear it won't do a thing to patrol the borders? Why do they need a couple of wars' worth of bullets, tanks and drones?

+3 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
No, your crazy, the DHS is not gearing up for anything. They did not purchase armored tanks. Those hollow points are for target pratice. They bought in bulk to save money. Don’t pay any attention to the man behind the curtain. Sarc/ off.

Light bulbs going off in peoples heads yet? Is our own country gearing for war with its people? whats going on?
edit on 4-3-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well no wonder the government is running out of money

sequester

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
They are getting these 'cause the sh** is about to hit the fan.
(The above statement is just my opinion)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
The Conspiracy Theorist in me says, WAR on 'We The People'

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Well the government is going to take over Detroit. Flint Mi is the most dangerous city in the country with Detroit second. The Zimmerman trial is going to be this summer for some reason so when he gets a not guilty as he should a bunch of hoods will be wanting new flat screens to go in their new homes

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
I can't help but think,regarding AR weapons, with so many people telling the Gov to " come and get them"

The Gov is gearing up to do just that.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
My buddy told me yesterday he seen shipments on the road of armored tanks for two days in a row now in california. He said he has never seen that before and he is on the road 12 hours a day.

Sounds like the Civilian army Obama wanted.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I just read that on Urban Survival..I was hoping someone would post it here so it could be given a reasonable explanation..and not the terrors that run through my head..please someone post a good reason for this..so I can stop worrying...this all sounds awful..

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
these bastards are moving along pretty quickly, very strange

54 tanks per state btw
edit on 4-3-2013 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2013 by sam_inc because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The bullet purchase order was for 1600M. The "M" in federal stock system abbreviations means 1600 lots of 50, not a million. M=50. Ref: Defense Logistics Agency Customer Assistance Handbook, page 29.
edit on 4-3-2013 by tkwasny because: Addition

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The number 2,700 is a strange number as its too little to be of any use nationwide so it show that its more for a targeted response, now a few hundred will always be in the shop for fixing/maintenance etc so if we say 2,500 in active use, i could possibly see a few (upto 10) per airport should the 1970's style hostage hijacking return which would allow them to be able to get very close with less fear

But i'd imagine its also a sneaky way of bypassing budgets for projects since the money has been authorised once it can basically be used to buy some crap from another agency for which the money can be used for more clandestine stuff

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Asymmetrical Warfare.

That is all I am saying.

The big and strong foe is just that . Big.

The light and fast opponent is just that as well.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Neopan100

Ok, here's a little feel good for you. The DHS is merely spending whatever it can before the budget gets cut. See they have upped the spending by the exact amount that they will eventually need to cut so as to fool the rest of us.
Oh, I do not have proof of this, I'm just speculating and posting a reason so that Neopan can rest a little easier. I suppose I could've come up with something more creative like DHS is just getting ready to greet the Annunaki or whichever evil ET's are supposedly parked out there in space. Take your pick!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

I was just thinking this.

It may be just a way to spend money. The LEAs will use what ever funds and grants the Fed approves. Those in LE love these toys.

But, who knows as of yet.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
You start adding these things up... various laws of control, efforts to disarm the populace, the drones, the guns & ammo and now these assault vehicles and regardless of whether you have an active conspiracy gene, the final equation can't be but one thing.

The question that remains is whether it is simply the knee-jerk of a paranoid, reactionary government or whether they know that something is coming this way and that they feel threatened by the potential.

A purposeful, full scale economic collapse leading to the proverbial NWO... resulting in a full scale war on their own people?

Maybe. But regardless, they (in Washington) have to see that We the People see all of this. They have to know that We the People don't feel too doggone good about our government, by, for and of We the People, arming itself like a police state.

Whatever the final picture, it can't be pretty and certainly won't be something to look forward to.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop

Listen for one minute, OK?
I love this land I live in.
I hate Governments that take from their people and give thier people the Wealth. Especially when they fly the Banner of being a "Nation under God". If this was so and they truly believed what they preach we would not be where we are today. Where are we? We are in a Bad Acid Trip.
DHS is suppose to protect "We the People" from Terrorist here in this Land.
Now if you read the Patriot Act which is basically the over ride put in to cancel any Americans right to Constitutional Governance. If they can justify killing an American with drones or even torture an American it shows you how far the Government will go to justify what they want to do.
And pray tell what do you think they want to do?
I have my own feelings ever since they took away my rights of representation during Vietnam and tried to Draft me.
Now after writing this I know that something in this thread will get some computer to flag my address. When they do they will see I worked for FEAR and that won't even protect me.
You see all people with inside knowledge and now out, will always be kept an eye on.
The Government now has the Freedom to do whatever they wish cause it is in the name of protecting Americans while we hunt them down and kill them when and if we feel they are a threat.
You all know this to be true now, but a couple of years ago no one thought that just a thought could get you busted. But that is now true.
We should all welcome 2001 as the true date of Orwells date not 1984. It has been their guide book.
Follow your heart and watch what is said.
There are 200 words we should stop using online if we have fear. I would consider it a form of thought crime cause you wrote it means you are going to do it.
B/S on that.
These Tanks and bullets will actually only stop a riot for awhile. It only will increase tensions if they use more force on protestors or should I say Homegrown Terrorist now as they define any who oppose the Status Qoe.
If they do try to use this stuff against the people they will find one bloody mess to clean up. And more then likely it will be close to a Red Dawn situation.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Meh, " light armored" says it all, anyone with even a limited understanding of demo or shaped charges can and will swiss cheese one of these like nothing.

It seems like more of a waste of money, or an intimidation tactic, as has been proven countless times, light armored vehichles are death traps.

I see how a lot are outting together the pieces, and I concur, as I also see the writing on the wall. Only time will tell, I for one will not be standing by passive as these roll down the street in my neighbor hood.

I have had enough of these nazi intimidation tactics, it only takes one person to make a stand and put the stops to this nonsense, and to put the screws to the .gov that would attempt to rule their citizens by intimidation, instead of serving them as they promised.

You guys will get to see me IRL on the news, as I pulll the tienaman square on them. I wont stand for this crap, I cant be the only American left with the stones to stand up for his people.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

It is more so for the earth buried mine/explosive. The Vehicle has a V shaped undercarriage, and will dissipate the energy traveling upwards towards the vehicle.

The cage on the sides is there to dissipate the energy from side blasts and break up rounds as well.

But, simple way to take out the armored turtle? Turn it on its belly. A conventional Semi-Truck will have enough force, from a side impact, to turn the vehicle over.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hmmm, I find it interesting that they have prioritized this light-armored tanks for the DHS amidst the current austerity measures that have just be ratified by President Obama.

Now, in some cases government spending is allocated well in advance of the actual purchase, which could be a reason this was unaffected by the budget cuts, but it still raises eye brows.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join