Can Alexander the Great's Tomb really be in Illinois?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Tucked away in Marion County, IL is a cave that contains an amazing cache of ancient artifacts. Amazingly, no one has bothered to declare it a national treasure.

www.facebook.com...

vimeo.com...

www.illinoiscaves.com...

www.flavinscorner.com...

Why have I not seen this before???

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
Why have I not seen this before???

Nighthawk, if you go through the Vimeo video carefully, you might get an anwer to that question.

Thanks for this. S&F.

From Vimeo

Alien Artifacts From the Lost Tomb of Alexander the Great?

deals with modern Dinosauria, Underground Data and ancient history not mentioned in any modern English text.

many of the tablets from Alexander's Tomb do not fall into the "politically correct" category.

The story line of this presentation uses primarily the details from tablets that clearly show Reptilian and other E.T. contact.

Nothing here is made up or even slightly contrived.

This tape is not controversial, it is the last word. There is no more to say about contact with races from the sky.

This is a snapshot from Vimeo

Seriously, what looks like a sketch from Star Wars, etched into an ancient shield???

Going to dig deeper into this. How does one embed a picture into a post here???

Thanks again

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Finds like this, and the Burrows cave find have a tendency to be quickly labeled hoaxes. So much so, that after public interest dies down over the years, that's when they send in people to dig them out incognito, and under cover of night. There are still people trying to get into Burrows cave. By now, they've probably succeeded. They did find a nameless investor.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Charismagic
How does one embed a picture into a post here???

Thanks again

Put the photo you want on your computer desktop, then you to ATS' "TOOL+", "ATS uploads", and click "Select Image file". Once your done, check the pic's code (by clicking on it in your uploaded files) and copy-paste it into your post.
edit on 4-3-2013 by swan001 because: grammar error

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I highly doubt it - i am amazingly skeptical about such a claim to be perfectly honest. He died on his way back from Persia. By the time any body could have feasibly been transported to the USA (somehow) it would be mush. And that is just one of very many reasons i doubt this.

This is screaming SCAM SCAM SCAM all over it.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
No, Alexander the Great's tomb cannot possibly be in Illinois. What part of this does not look like a hoax to you?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

In other news, the Kraken has been found living in a B & B in Torquay, and Superman has been discovered sharing a flat with Elvis.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Charismagic

Turn the image upside down and its a face with a crown, or maybe it is a space ship from star wars

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
No, Alexander the Great's tomb cannot possibly be in Illinois. What part of this does not look like a hoax to you?

Obviously it's not Alexander's tomb. That isn't the real interest here. This isn't the only find ever made in Illinois that has been dismissed as a hoax. It's the artifacts themselves that may, or may not, be legitimate in this case.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Interesting. Suggests a team of scammers at work then. Can see the Feds trying to track them down - the market in forged artifacts is one they are keen to crack down on. The worrying thing is that people may fall for it and end up being fleeced! (although the uncharitable part of me thinks that anyone dumb enough to fall for it kind of has it coming).

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Obviously it's not Alexander's tomb. That isn't the real interest here. This isn't the only find ever made in Illinois that has been dismissed as a hoax. It's the artifacts themselves that may, or may not, be legitimate in this case.

Do soapstone carvings in a naive style look authentic? Is there any indication that the letters are from a real alphabet? You don't find it oddly convenient the the entrance to the supposed cave was demolished, and that there is no systematic record of how the objects were situated in this undiscoverable cave? No in situ photographs, just the objects in a variety of unique styles.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I don't know enough about the Marion county find to comment. But I do know enough about Burrows cave in the OP's list of links to comment. The cave was real, and so were many of the artifacts. Someone invested a lot of money to get into that cave about 5 years ago. Those involved weren't scammers looking to sell fake artifacts. They knew what was down there, and they wanted it bad enough to invest a lot of resources to get it. Unfortunately, I was "digging" a little too hard for answers, and got cut off from my source of information abruptly.

ETA: Now I see they are strictly referring to Burrows cave. I thought there was another find in Marion county I wasn't aware of. They are one and the same. My bad. Either way. Interesting this has come back up again.

edit on 3/4/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Certainly puts an interesting angle on it then. I hate to say it though but by far the most likely source (if said artifacts are genuine) is looting during the Second World War (and then abandoned). This has happened to countless other artifacts also, some of which have subsequently turned up. Done in much the same way that early European explorers (and armies) looted their way around the Near and Mid East and North Africa.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

Regarding Burrows cave, which is in Richland, not Marion County. I find many things strange and unusual. Many years ago, I wrote it off as a complete and total hoax. Many years later, something caught my attention, and I started looking into it again. All I can tell you, is someone with the money wanted in that cave bad enough to hire an archaeologist, and a few others to figure out how to pump the water out of it, and get down there. They were very serious about it.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Certainly puts an interesting angle on it then. I hate to say it though but by far the most likely source (if said artifacts are genuine) is looting during the Second World War (and then abandoned). This has happened to countless other artifacts also, some of which have subsequently turned up. Done in much the same way that early European explorers (and armies) looted their way around the Near and Mid East and North Africa.

This is possible. Someone has even mentioned it being a stash from previous to WW2. Who knows, but something is down there someone wants real bad. BTW, I live within an hour of that cave, though I've never been able to find it myself. I have tried.
edit on 3/4/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
More of the same.

The history we are told is watered down, filled with lies, inaccurate to further someones agendas.

Those agendas range from someone wanting to be promoted , or just don't want the truth to get out.

If you want to know real history , you have to research it yourself.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
What i noticed from that vimeo video is that most of those stone carvings lines were white just like fresh made, if these should be as old as they state white wouldnt be the color those.. i smelled a hoax..

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

From what we know from history Alexander's tomb,is most likely located somewhere between India and North Africa.

BUT

There are indications that the ancient Greeks had traveled to America.link
So if i wanted to hide the body and the treasure of someone like Alexander,in a place where it wouldn't be found,America(the unknown world at the time) would be the perfect place.

Of course someone claimed that they found the tomb in the Greek island of Thasos.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And i could give you a huge of list of such claims about the location of his grave.
edit on 4-3-2013 by Phantom traveller because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Thanks Swan! Appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Yeh....the whole things a bit crazy...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join