It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Romney: 'I wish I were there' as fiscal standoff continues

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Romney: 'I wish I were there' as fiscal standoff continues

In his first interview since losing the 2012 presidential election, former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney criticized President Obama’s early second-term performance and told Fox News Sunday that he’s still very much stung by his defeat. “I look at what’s happening right now -- I wish I were there,” Romney told Chris Wallace, in a taping conducted last week in California. “It kills me not to be there, not to be in the White House doing what needs to be done.” Romney criticized President Obama’s handling of the budget showdown engulfing Washington, saying, “We don’t have to have gridlock settings one after the other, on issue after issue.”

Romney, who campaigned largely on a promise that he would cut the debt and federal spending, said that the current debate over the nation’s fiscal course, including the so-called “sequester” cuts, represents a missed opportunity. “I see this as this huge opportunity, and it’s being squandered by politics, by people who are more interested in a political victory than they are in doing what’s right for the country. And it’s very frustrating.”

And we know how things would have turned out if he had won. Wall Street and the banks would have gotten what they wanted. The war machine would have gotten what they wanted. And Israel would have gotten whatever it's little heart desired. And what would the American people get? The shaft and and a lot more dead military seeing how he was wanting to go to war with Iran. Time for Mitt to fade away.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Explanation: S&F!

[sarcasm]Who???
[/sarcasm]

Personal Disclosure:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Isn't this the guy who didn't really want to be president to begin with?
www.businessinsider.com...

Now he wishes he were there?
edit on 4-3-2013 by Hawking because: (no reason given)

new topics

join