The choice of going to Heaven or Hell when you die.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:57 AM
link   
There was recentky a thread (which is now inactive) which posed a question which context was to examine the relationship, between love and sex. The title of the thread was:f you love your lover, would be ok with them having sex with another if it gave them joy?

This gave me an idea to pose this hypothetical scenario for making a choice of going to Heaven or Hell when you die.

Consider that Hell is a place where only physical desires/gratification can be fulfiiled and a place where higher thoughts of mind and happiness are excluded.

Consider that Heaven is a place where only higher thoughts of mind and happiness are fulfilled and physical desires/gratification excluded.

You die and are Met with Angels from Heaven and Hell who like lobbyists holding voting brocheas are trying to telling you the merits of choosing the Hell and/or Heaven.

You go into the etheral polling booth and deliver your decision to select either a Millinea in Heaven or a Millinea in Hell, after that period your reincarnated back to earth.

Which one will your pick and why?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Consider that Hell is a place where only physical desires/gratification can be fulfiiled and a place where higher thoughts of mind and happiness are excluded.

Consider that Heaven is a place where only higher thoughts of mind and happiness are fulfilled and physical desires/gratification excluded.

But if being in heaven automatically makes you happy.. whats the point in going anywhere else

Physical desires in hell ? like sex ?, is sex forbidden in heaven ?
But what if doing those physical desires brings happiness ?
I heard hell is a place souls get tortured... smoking weed and having sex sure sounds like torture to me

edit on 4-3-2013 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Physical desires in hell ? like sex ?, is sex forbidden in heaven ?

In heaven the body is engery thought and there is no physical body to make physical contact beyond say a mental sensation of happy hugging your friends and family.
In Hell your mind is like intoxicated it cant form rational thoughts, and the body your in constant feels physical urges ans desires it needs to gratify.

Before making a quick decison remember this Jealously and ego are rampant emotions in Hell.
edit on 4-3-2013 by AthlonSavage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Explanation: S&F!

I would easily choose the millenia in hell as afterwards I would find the experience on earth to be lacking and the 2nd time around I'd choose heaven and spend a millenia thinking about what I had just experienced and after that earth would seem the perfect balanced place to be and I would vacillate between the 3 realms as I so choose!

However if I was to pick heaven 1st then I would over think things and would find earth to be hellish and then I would find hell unbareable and I would retreat to heaven each time I die and thats pretty boring!

Personal Disclosure: Thankfully having hell as a choice ... gives me a real choice!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Well both places sounds boring then..

I prefer life with all its downs and ups
Reincarnation please

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
...what if there is no heaven and hell? where will we go? oh GOD dont tell me that wejust die!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
not that i believe in that garbage . but if it came to it hell i get along alot better with non believers than i do with the believers. free thinkers over sheep any day for me
edit on 4/3/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
And the problem arises that desire and human nature are wrong, to be excluded from a heavenly state of being.

Who says? Some book written by unscrupulous men.

Why does this alleged life in heaven have to be devoid of pleasures of the body? And if it is to be said that the pleasures of heaven outweigh the pleasures of the body, then why the distinction between pleasure itself?

It's to associate pleasure with guilt. On earth, pleasure is guilt. In heaven pleasure is divine.

It's all so convoluted and contradictory that it makes no sense to dwell on it.

I would choose neither of this gods options. if, at the time of my death, he appears before me, I will refuse to listen to the lies it would tell. I would remain as nothing.

Than spend 1 second with such a treacherous entity that would give life full of negatives and expect nothing but positives.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Well both places sounds boring then..

boring the most desirable woman you ever imagine are yours to have in hell, of course everyone you meet in hell is envious and jealous of everyone else, and no one one has an attention span that last more than 5 seconds, everyone seems to keep forgetting eachothers names.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

of course everyone you meet in hell is envious and jealous of everyone else, and no one one has an attention span that last more than 5 seconds, everyone seems to keep forgetting eachothers names.

Sounds like my ex wife

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Sounds like my ex wife

lol your decision will be easy you will ask where did my ex wife go... she went to...ok send me to the other place

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

The physical is seems more real, the mind is just conceptual.

There is nothing like the taste of a delicious cheese cake, the smell of delicious baked goods, the sensation of sex or even the sensation of a simple physical laugh.

Being in heaven and being only able to enjoy the concept would be quite boring...

I think we should make heaven on Earth by respecting people's free-will/choices then everyone can have the physical fun in whatever way fulfills them (as long as they don't force another against their will)...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
I am already bored with the physical gratification so I would choose Heaven. I would love to be immersed in higher thoughts of mind and happiness. I wouldn't even want to come back here if I had a choice.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Ha, interesting hypothetical OP.

Heaven would be the obvious choice, but the Hell would need careful consideration.

After all, all my friends would be there !

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Definitely Heaven.

I've quit jobs here on earth over issues such as jealousy and ego, why would I ever choose to live through that again? If all the sex in hell only brings drama with no fulfillment or happiness, what would be the point? Unless, of course, you're addicted to drama and emotional suffering, and I'm sure they exist!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I don't believe in the heaven/hell concept, but I'll play...

Hell, because I wouldn't deserve heaven. I'm willing to admit that.

Besides, most of my friends would be there anyways. I think I'd be pretty lonely in heaven lol.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hell if all the cool people are there.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I will choose Hell.

Hell is more challenging
edit on 5-3-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I choose Heaven and pray I die in the "state of grace."

I love paragraph 1024 of the Catechism:

II. HEAVEN

1023 Those who die in God's grace and friendship and are perfectly purified live for ever with Christ. They are like God for ever, for they "see him as he is," face to face: 598

By virtue of our apostolic authority, we define the following: According to the general disposition of God, the souls of all the saints . . . and other faithful who died after receiving Christ's holy Baptism (provided they were not in need of purification when they died, . . . or, if they then did need or will need some purification, when they have been purified after death, . . .) already before they take up their bodies again and before the general judgment - and this since the Ascension of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ into heaven - have been, are and will be in heaven, in the heavenly Kingdom and celestial paradise with Christ, joined to the company of the holy angels. Since the Passion and death of our Lord Jesus Christ, these souls have seen and do see the divine essence with an intuitive vision, and even face to face, without the mediation of any creature. 599

1024 This perfect life with the Most Holy Trinity - this communion of life and love with the Trinity, with the Virgin Mary, the angels and all the blessed - is called "heaven." Heaven is the ultimate end and fulfillment of the deepest human longings, the state of supreme, definitive happiness.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It's a no-brainer, since Hell is a 404.

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join