It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War of the Worlds reenactment on AboveTopSecret.com: Halloween, 2004.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Hehehe Look at what we started. I knew we had to do something for halloween, so I brought it up, and SO came with the suggestion for WOTW. And it came out ok. Some fell cleanly for it, some others not.

For thanksgiving, look out for flying turkeys!!!

LL1

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
That's right, you saw a "flash" and heard a "bang" last night.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 06:59 PM
link   
And naturally I had no idea what the hell was going on.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Yes not all countries have Halloween. Where in the world was this in poor taste? Do you people spend soooo much time looking into these little boxes that you forget everything else? it was obviously NOT real. All of the "feeder threads" look to be by Mods. There are the countless references to the radio play and bits of the film. it was my love of sci-fi that got me interested in science and conspiracy. Is it because I'm older than most of you? None of you got this? I'm a bit surprised- the Lone Gunmen are spinning in their graves.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'm guessing it's "OK" to utilize these words and the behaviour produced by them, if it's prank season here on ATS. But how does one distinguish when exactly that time might apply? I also think there is a time and place for certain jokes and/or pranks to be acted out, and a place that involves people from all over the world combined, who research, expose and solve conspiracies and world propaganda should be excluded from jokes that involve what people are here to uncover to begin with...after all, this should be a credible place with at the least, credible people who run it.

*Ter�ror�ize
Pronunciation: 'ter-&r-"Iz
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -ized; -iz�ing
1 : to fill with terror or anxiety : SCARE
2 :To coerce by intimidation or fear. See Synonyms at FRIGHTEN.

*Dram�a�tize
VERB:
dram�a�tized , dram�a�tiz�ing , dram�a�tiz�es
1:To adapt (a literary work) for dramatic presentation, as in a theater or on television or radio. *or website*
2:To present or view in a dramatic or melodramatic way.
VERB:
intr.
1:To be adaptable to dramatic form.
2:To indulge in self-dramatization.

*Ig�no�rance:
The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.

*Hoax:
1:An act intended to deceive or trick.
2:Something that has been established or accepted by fraudulent means.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica *Dram�a�tize VERB: dram�a�tized , dram�a�tiz�ing , dram�a�tiz�es 1:To adapt (a literary work) for dramatic presentation, as in a theater or on television or radio. *or website*
This applies

*Hoax: 1:An act intended to deceive or trick. 2:Something that has been established or accepted by fraudulent means.
This does not Well over 80 members understood the reenactment before the announcement was made.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by magestica

*Ter�ror�ize
Pronunciation: 'ter-&r-"Iz
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -ized; -iz�ing
1 : to fill with terror or anxiety : SCARE
2 :To coerce by intimidation or fear. See Synonyms at FRIGHTEN.

*Dram�a�tize
VERB:
1:To adapt (a literary work) for dramatic presentation, as in a theater or on television or radio. *or website*
2:To present or view in a dramatic or melodramatic way.
VERB:
intr.
1:To be adaptable to dramatic form.
2:To indulge in self-dramatization.

*Ig�no�rance:
The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.

*Hoax:

You guys need to learn how to sign out when you're through blathering. I'm serious. Springer and I have down, why can't the two of you get it?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
The next time the server slows to a crawl I'll know you're up to something.

And if faced with a warning I'll argue I was merely re-enacting out

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
You guys need to learn how to sign out when you're through blathering. I'm serious. Springer and I have down, why can't the two of you get it?

There is only one of me, not two. And I have no clue what you are on about with signing out or blathering. I was not blathering. Pranks can be quite fun and entertaining, but Above Top Secret is not the place for using pranks that defy all of what ATS stands for.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

*Dram�a�tize
VERB:

This applies

*Hoax:

This does not

Well over 80 members understood the reenactment before the announcement was made.

Sorry SO I disagree...

Even though about 40% understood, 60 % ( this was from who was on line at the time about 212 to 265 ) did not, it's still a hoax...

And you folks still, preyed on the feelings of the times...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   

There is only one of me, not two. And I have no clue what you are on about with signing out or blathering. I was not blathering. Pranks can be quite fun and entertaining, but Above Top Secret is not the place for using pranks that defy all of what ATS stands for.

No truer words spoken MA. So cut it out.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jedi_Master it's still a hoax...
I'm sorry (really), I'm still not seeing how. How many members posted about the WOTW connection? (We didn't remove them today) How many names and locations were used from the original script? What description of items were used from the original script? Hoaxes are designed to deceive. We designed this to be found out!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
[edit on 10/31/2004 by QuietSoul]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It can only be a hoax if it was claimed to be real. If you want to set that in stone, then I can think of alot that has posted in the past few months since I joined that should be dumped and members banned. Again, not being in on it from the inside, it still came off as it is claimed. If your are that pissed- drop out. We must not be so full of ourselves that we can't joke about the things we are in to. If it comes down to that, then we are all the stupid, basement living geeks we are acused of being and we need to get out our foil hats. Time to see a shrink, y'all.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I'm not sure how so many people can not see the difference between a hoax and a tribute/dramatization/< insert synomym here>. Once you put it all together especially from the last few posts from Lansing (Captian Lansing of the Signal Corps from WOTW) It all really falls into place. All you need to know in order to know its not a hoax is the script from WOTW. I think this was a fun and interesting experience, I should know I've only been following this and taking part of it since it started yesterday afternoon, playing with the pictures and living in chat and such.

Happy Halloween

[edit on 10-31-2004 by Sarcasimo]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Der Kapitan
It can only be a hoax if it was claimed to be real.

The TOS say it is against the rules post things that are knowingly false. One of the persons in charge of enforcing the rules posted a picture, and described a situation that was false. He said it is a tribute, even a tribute can violate the TOS. Double standard. I saw that image, and saw that SO posted it and given the rules had me reasons to doubt it was a hoax.

It would have been a better hoax if it did not rely on breaking the TOS to make it effective.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   
SO...

I'm sorry but i feel you are not in touch with the times...

If you would feel the feelings of the folks that lost people in 911, and apply them to the postings of the WOTWS, you would see a parallel, this to some folks was another attack, and in the stress and feelings of the time, would cause them to become more stressed...

And you still decived in some peoples eyes...

So therfore it is a HOAX...

So ban me if you will for disagreeing, it's still my opinion...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
[edit on 10/31/2004 by QuietSoul]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien

Originally posted by Gizmoqt
I'll say it again, Terrorist intentionally put fear into people how does that make you all any different?

...while I do accept that for a number of ATSers this 'reinactment' was seen to be 'in poor taste' and shouldn't have been carried out...perspective also need not be lost here.

As much as I might have an open-mind and attempt to see things from multiple viewpoints...a 'War of the Worlds Tribute' doesn't seem to equate to Terrorism. Perhaps if the 'fictional alien invasion' included hijacking airliners and implanting them into tall financial buildings I could see the correlation.

Peace,
ALIEN

Just a FINAL note...your GAME, SCAM, whatever you want to call it was not PRESENTED as a "WAR OF THE WORLDS TRIBUTE" and honestly I personally didn't even think of it....the only thing you did was instill fear in many people (ask how many people made long distance phone calls to NJ). So I remain on my previous statement. I used to really enjoy this site...now it is starting to feel like G_P, you can fill in the blank

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 07:46 PM
link   
OK last time I'm gonna say this...

OTHER people are NOT responsible for what WE do with information or "news" or hearsay! especially from an annonymous source on a conspiracy site halloween night!

I think some people are "projecting" anger.

and... the government has sure done a number on some people...

Remember... if you are afraid... the terrorists have already won.

I also do not like Sept. 11 being used as it is being used by some members here. The world today is the same as it was before that day. A dangerous place to live.

Look both sides before crossing the street if you're trick or treating tonight.

EDIT: Mainer - read your u2u s

[edit on 10/31/2004 by Gools]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join