It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this?: Forcing sensations down spine to make goosebumps

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Hello ATS crazy southpaw here.

I just wanted to make a thread about this to see if there were others here who could do it too?

I'm not to sure what it is and i have looked around but it seems to be pretty vague anyways i will continue.

There are sensations i can feel at the base of my skull that i can force down and send shivers throughout my body. It can be pulsed in intervals. If i get into a trance with it (excluding temperature and channeling memories Its just a forced bodily sensation. Like urinating sorry to use that example..
) all my pours open up and i start to sweat. I'm not forcing blood like when you tense up and raise body temperature sharply to achieve this. I uncontrollably cry. My whole body feels like its vibrating. No sadness or any emotions that are making my eyes tear up, Its caused by opening my pours.

Beyond all this, There is a ringing in my head that turns on and off, and it turns on when i notice it or pay attention to it. I hear it in total silence but i am also able to turn it off as well but only minimally. This pitch that sounds a TV with no volume on can be altered to higher or lower pitches, I can pulse it and when i do. I feel muscles moving in my head lol. Its weird. But the cool thing about this is i can hear electronics, Lights and everything when i come close to electricity i can hear its distinct frequencies. As well as when people pull things out of sockets and put them in. It gets kind of irritating sometimes. But i have had this my whole life, when i was younger it really really bothered me and i hated it. I would sleep with a fan every night because it drowned out the sound, I still sleep with a fan but i can sleep without one now too. Some people say its tetanus. Meh, I apply my tetanus into a skill.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Sounds like you may have a pinched nerve, or arthritic vertebrae. I am currently dealing with extensive neck/back/spinal pain from a car accident almost 3 years ago. I get a "tickle" in the back of my neck, and my spine will get real stiff. The pressure and pain cause severe headaches which at times have almost hallucinatory properties.

Or, maybe you have some crazy Matrix power or something. Who knows? I'd go see a chiropractor or at least a licensed massage therapist(usually cheaper, and actually easier to get covered by insurance)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
There's no pain and its not constant. I'm saying i can force the sensation of shivers manually. And i have never been in a car accident lol or anything or the sort. Never broken a bone.

Its not pain lol. I'm saying that sensation of goosebumps i can lock onto it and amplify it and it opens all my pours up when i do. I am sorry to hear about your accident tho. That sucks man/woman. Another nothing thing i can do is feel every limb in my body and most of my organs i can feel them too as well as arteries. I can feel my heart pumping and i can feel the blood circulating all on command. I'm just wondering if anyone else here can do this. And what it would be called?

edit on 4-3-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

Just fortuitously a vid was linked to me in chat by another member today and here is that vid ...

Please note that the vid is about recieving a simulated (?) haircut and the simulation is supposed to invoke the physical sensation and this vid did achieve that for me personally.

And I wondered what ASMR was?

And wiki provided me an answer that may be applicable here in this thread ...

"autonomous sensory meridian response" (ASMR) [wiki]

The term "autonomous sensory meridian response" (ASMR) is a neologism for a claimed biological phenomenon, characterized as a distinct, pleasurable tingling sensation often felt in the head, scalp or peripheral regions of the body in response to various visual, auditory, olfactory, and cognitive stimuli. The phenomenon was first noted through Internet culture such as blogs and online videos. Tom Stafford, a professor at the University of Sheffield, says "It might well be a real thing, but it's inherently difficult to research."

And the sensations described in the OP seem to match those same sensations as detailed by ASMR and so that may be a clue as to what may be causing this phenomena.

Personal Disclosure: But do get yourself checked out for any pinched nerves ok, as was mentioned by fellow member DaTroof in their reply as it is better to be safe than sorry!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

I also have this. Tingling at the top of my neck spine or however you want to put it. And it sends a shiver down my spine. I always thought it was adrenaline or something. It feels good alot of the times too, for me. I do have pinched nerves in my lower back, and off and on in my neck. But this hasnt always been the case. And I have experienced the tingle/shivers most of my life. I do not have the buzzing noise however... I have no clue what it is, and am also curious as to an explanation.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thank you for this vid i am going to watch it. Give give me a minute i need to grab some water

reply to post by TheMistro81

Yeah it feels great. I love the vibrating feeling it generates. And i can see the goose bumps and when i do my hair stands on end on my arms. Not my on my head lol. That would be some dragon ball Z stuff lol. But yeah it feels amazing when my body buzzes with it. There are other things i can do too. Like gleek lol like salivate on command. and uhh spit it out.... im sure some people here have met that one weird person who can like shoot saliva from his mouth lol. Now that i think about it If i had viral advancements i could like be some sort of venomous creature. This might sound gross ( I Wash my hands as soon as i can) But i hardly lick my fingers. I just spray on them and wipe it off if i ever get my hands on something sticky and random. It seems distinctly different from spit. Maybe spit gets increasing more contaminated when it sits in the mouth? Who knows.

Iv got eyebrown control lol. I can raise and lower either or and do a wave or w.e> I can't move my ears tho. Or put my tongue in a clover. And im not double jointed. But i do have a weird skeletal structure kinda a big tail bone and one of the doctors at the hospital made a weird face when he saw my xrays and i was like wut. Nothing everything looks fine it just looks different. Huh? Explain. * dude walks away * Oh great. thanks man. lol

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I, too, feel this sensation. I can provoke it by tensing up a certain way. It makes my neck ache when I feel it but it also feels sort of good

I'm also another who has issues of the spine. I've got congenital spinal stenosis, multiple ruptured discs and one of those discs presses (mildly) on my spinal cord.

I wonder if it is a variation of Lhermitte's sign which I have experienced (it was not pleasurable but it also wasn't painful) during a neck massage.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I get this sensation when someone scratches one of those image-shifting pictures, the sound causes goosebumps to erupt across my entire body and the hairs on my arms stand straight up. It would be pretty cool if you were destined to change the world with your abilities. If you shoot a Kamehameha blast lemme know!!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   

practical-jokes.wonderhowto.com...

leeking' is a funny trick with your mouth where you can secretly spray someone with saliva. This comedy staple can be achieved using just a few pieces of tart or sour candy hidden on your tongue and a practiced technique.

I can do this at a distance of like 5 feet. I can shoot it pretty far. If i was feeling evil ( I never thought about doing this ... only to like a couple people i really hated i would walk passed and they would like wipe their face and be like wtf llol. Venom
lol

As for the frequency, i don't know. Its hard to explain. I can feel muscles in my head in different localized locations. I'm able to sense different part of my head including motor functions. I another ability ( through stress and dedication) i am able to go into a clear state at will where i can stop my thoughts. I am also able to lower cortisol in my blood at will through a process of focusing on my breathing first then feeling all the hazardous material leek out my blood and out my breaths. I think it is lowering nitrogen levels. Anyways, i can make the frequency louder or quieter and make it pulse as in i can make it weak then strong within a certain time frame. I can kind of make it a certain beat i want it to. A Cool thing i like to do is make the frequencies go along with music and just feel a buzzing in my head i can feel my temples pulsate when i crank up this frequency and pulse it and every pulse it feels like i can feel muscles i my head like from my temples pulsing. Weird weird. I would like to go to a research facility and play with the frequencies well being monitored and see if i really am targeting locations in my brain to make it light up all in different spots. I am left handed so duel brain localization is possible.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrdeadfolx
I get this sensation when someone scratches one of those image-shifting pictures, the sound causes goosebumps to erupt across my entire body and the hairs on my arms stand straight up. It would be pretty cool if you were destined to change the world with your abilities. If you shoot a Kamehameha blast lemme know!!

hahahahaha you will be the first to know.

pu-pu-pu-party
ka-ka-ka-kahn
man walkin through the crown plaza wit my ballies on
i like your conversation baby you can carry on
i like that car right there yea the cherry wine
man ask Luke Skywalker if the force failed
i got a little woozy when i heard the court bail
do it on the ladder way like a Sidney Portier
when its all over kid put me in the pyramid
man like the pharos did or lil darrel did
you know these streets just like life between the barrel kid
you know ill rush like a bull at a bull fighter
you wanna hang man you got to pull a all nighter

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw

There are sensations i can feel at the base of my skull that i can force down and send shivers throughout my body. It can be pulsed in intervals... My whole body feels like its vibrating...

Holy crap. It doesn't make me shiver, but... I've been doing that practically my whole life. And it never happens by itself, you have to "push" to make it happen, right? (Thus, not nerve damage or some "condition.") And it starts in the center of your head and sort of whooshes all the way to your toes and fingers like having energy pumped down you? And it feels like it's a "brain muscle" you're contracting, but it isn't? And it's kinda draining, yet relaxing? What the hell is that??

I've researched "exploding head syndrome," which I get now and then. This is nothing like it. I also don't think it's ASMR, mine at least. There's no "trigger," it can't be induced through physical stimulus or imagining getting head rubs, or by any other means at all. I have to make it happen on purpose. I always thought it might have something to do with reiki, or chi energy channeling. I don't feel chakras, though. I feel like it might evolve into something else later, like it's a precusor for... I dunno, shooting fireballs or telekinesis or something. It's almost like a light switch; turn it on, and you're flooded with... light. I can keep it "on" for a few seconds, but it fades by itself. And as many people as I've asked about it, I've never met someone else who could do or feel it. God bless ATS.
We all seem to have a lot more in common than we think, despite our differences.

I don't have the ringing, though. Well, just normal tinnitus (one too many Orbital concerts; man, they love bass). I don't have the sensing of electricity (I wish) or the crying or pores opening or sweating or any emotional change. The "power surge" sensation doesn't happen by itself... well, actually, sometimes when I have the flu or something, I do get a rare spontaneous surge. Not sure it's the same thing, but it sure feels similar. Maybe it does have something to do with healing energy (reiki)... I just wish I knew. Anyway, does mine sound like yours? Specifically, does it never happen unless you make it happen? The "pulsing" sounds exactly right...

PS: It never causes goosebumps. But reading that thread title did...

edit on 3/4/2013 by Thought Provoker because: PS

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Everything in your post I have as well. I was born with it too. I also see visual snow. To me the sound we hear (like a silent TV) coincides with the visual snow. Perhaps a subtle frequency we can pick up on? The ability to feel your body, circulation, heart ect... Is consciousness and energetic in nature which is why you can control the "feelings" down your spine. also known as chi. Look up how to make a ki ball you will be good at it I promise you. Have fun with it
at night when you hear the silent TV sound zero into it and ask a question in your mind and listen to the emptiness expecting/waiting for an answer you'll get one. People on here might tell you you're crazy or have some physical aliment but you know that's not true. Just keep practicing what you have already been doing.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I can do this exact thing. Not for very long periods of time but in pulses like you said. The best way I can describe how I started was it is like leaning your head forward, but not really doing it. You begin to feel it in your neck/back of head and if you continue it shoots down your spine and feels amazing. It happens automatically sometimes during urination (sorry for lack of better example lol). When doing it during meditation it seems to be a lot more intense, but I haven't done it for long periods of time while meditating yet.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

As for the frequency, i don't know. Its hard to explain. I can feel muscles in my head in different localized locations. I'm able to sense different part of my head including motor functions. I another ability ( through stress and dedication) i am able to go into a clear state at will where i can stop my thoughts.

Hi op, I've been doing this for 30 years now. If I say the word clear internally (not out load) I have a surge of prickly “heat” or energy that travels in a wave from the top of my head down my spine and goose bumps that head off down my arms and legs.
I do this as a technique to clear my thoughts, energy and to centre myself. For me it is a form of protection also. The trigger with the word clear is a short inwards breath through my nose.
I can make it surge in pulses, but this is not something that I play with, the only really similar sensation to this that I have had is when I ran out of electrolytes, raving every night in Thailand. This was quite pleasurable at the start with this steady pulsing surges going through my body, but it wouldn’t stop and got to the stage of an equivalent electric shock.
Single drink of electrolytes sorted it. This other one stays and comes at the call though

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thought Provoker

There are sensations i can feel at the base of my skull that i can force down and send shivers throughout my body. It can be pulsed in intervals... My whole body feels like its vibrating...

Holy crap. It doesn't make me shiver, but... I've been doing that practically my whole life. And it never happens by itself, you have to "push" to make it happen, right? (Thus, not nerve damage or some "condition.") And it starts in the center of your head and sort of whooshes all the way to your toes and fingers like having energy pumped down you? And it feels like it's a "brain muscle" you're contracting, but it isn't? And it's kinda draining, yet relaxing? What the hell is that??

I've researched "exploding head syndrome," which I get now and then. This is nothing like it. I also don't think it's ASMR, mine at least. There's no "trigger," it can't be induced through physical stimulus or imagining getting head rubs, or by any other means at all. I have to make it happen on purpose. I always thought it might have something to do with reiki, or chi energy channeling. I don't feel chakras, though. I feel like it might evolve into something else later, like it's a precusor for... I dunno, shooting fireballs or telekinesis or something. It's almost like a light switch; turn it on, and you're flooded with... light. I can keep it "on" for a few seconds, but it fades by itself. And as many people as I've asked about it, I've never met someone else who could do or feel it. God bless ATS.
We all seem to have a lot more in common than we think, despite our differences.

I don't have the ringing, though. Well, just normal tinnitus (one too many Orbital concerts; man, they love bass). I don't have the sensing of electricity (I wish) or the crying or pores opening or sweating or any emotional change. The "power surge" sensation doesn't happen by itself... well, actually, sometimes when I have the flu or something, I do get a rare spontaneous surge. Not sure it's the same thing, but it sure feels similar. Maybe it does have something to do with healing energy (reiki)... I just wish I knew. Anyway, does mine sound like yours? Specifically, does it never happen unless you make it happen? The "pulsing" sounds exactly right...

PS: It never causes goosebumps. But reading that thread title did...

edit on 3/4/2013 by Thought Provoker because: PS

Sorry it took so long to respond i got busy. But i will be here to answer question. Yes it does evolve it gets stronger the more you pay attention to you. And as for feeling your heart and all that other stuff. Can all be acheived by cooping with the ringing in your head. Focus on it. If it gets louder then you have the same thing i have. Practice getting used to the frequency, this ringing i find triggers trances. I do not have nerve damage other than ADHD, but that was younger. So yes you force the feeling. Like i explained. Its like urinating. I don't think about anything when i pee. I just do it. That's a lot how this works. But watching movies and such and listening to people can trigger the same feelings. But i just amplify it. The pours opening is from me Pulsing it and how you described it deminishes. I can get into a trance and Lock it, And have the energy flowing inside me and thats when my body is consumed by any orgasmic feeling. Its almost as if i can feel electricty coating my body making my hairs stand on end with big goose bumps. It almost looks unnatural. Iv shown a couple friends and they didn't debate any further about my ability to do this lol.

Now about that ringing. Cope with it, and try raising and lowing the frequency. You will feel the pulsing that i am talking about in your head.

You hit the nail on the head. And you say you have minor tetnnus? Remember in my post saying how it was annoying for a long time until i started trying to listen to it. Try it out.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Traveler
Everything in your post I have as well. I was born with it too. I also see visual snow. To me the sound we hear (like a silent TV) coincides with the visual snow. Perhaps a subtle frequency we can pick up on? The ability to feel your body, circulation, heart ect... Is consciousness and energetic in nature which is why you can control the "feelings" down your spine. also known as chi. Look up how to make a ki ball you will be good at it I promise you. Have fun with it
at night when you hear the silent TV sound zero into it and ask a question in your mind and listen to the emptiness expecting/waiting for an answer you'll get one. People on here might tell you you're crazy or have some physical aliment but you know that's not true. Just keep practicing what you have already been doing.

i see visual snow as well, i describe them as pixles like on a tv. I can see the differences in light of how much visual snow is coming off of it as its not all the same. So ki ball. I think i il look into this and practice it. And yes i do get a lot of answers from the emptyness. It came from the ability to banish my ego temporarily. I do it often when i start to feel sickness coming on i banish my thoughts. If people say im sick and stuff it has a serious mental effect on me. It really does make me sick. But iv since developed against this.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peter Brake

As for the frequency, i don't know. Its hard to explain. I can feel muscles in my head in different localized locations. I'm able to sense different part of my head including motor functions. I another ability ( through stress and dedication) i am able to go into a clear state at will where i can stop my thoughts.

Hi op, I've been doing this for 30 years now. If I say the word clear internally (not out load) I have a surge of prickly “heat” or energy that travels in a wave from the top of my head down my spine and goose bumps that head off down my arms and legs.
I do this as a technique to clear my thoughts, energy and to centre myself. For me it is a form of protection also. The trigger with the word clear is a short inwards breath through my nose.
I can make it surge in pulses, but this is not something that I play with, the only really similar sensation to this that I have had is when I ran out of electrolytes, raving every night in Thailand. This was quite pleasurable at the start with this steady pulsing surges going through my body, but it wouldn’t stop and got to the stage of an equivalent electric shock.
Single drink of electrolytes sorted it. This other one stays and comes at the call though

sounds amazing, Let me tell you something. Don't stop and you should divulge yourself completely into it. and keep a balance but don't rush anything. Just desolve the fear that's holding you back from awakening. There is something about the Mystics of the passed. I am related through ancestors to druids and other sorts of things. I imagine the others posting here follow the same blood lines. Along German and irish/scottish aristocrats

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
just out of random coincidence can you guys calculate your numbers?

According to planetary powers, Your Psychic or Personality number will tell the soul type (not soul urge).
If your Psychic or Personality number is 7 or 8 or 9, then your soul type is - Old Soul.
Ex. Old Sould = An experienced being who is able to get along with pretty much everyone.

Number 1 = Young Soul
Number 2 = Baby Soul
Number 3 = Old Soul
Number 4 = Young Soul
Number 5 = Infant Soul
Number 6 = Young Soul
Number 7 = Old Soul
Number 8 = Old Soul
Number 9 = Old Soul

I am a 9

Punarvasu

Rulling Planet: Jupiter

Astronomical Name: Beta Geminorium

Animal Symbol: Cat

Symbol A Bow / A House

More About Punarvasu Nakshatra
Nature About Nakshatra: Mutable
Name of Rulling Deva / Demi God: Aditi
Purpose of the Deva: Mother of the Demigods
Element / Tatthwa: Jala (Water)
Part of Body: Nose
Dosha: Vata
Purpose in Life: Artha
Temperaments: Deva (Godly)
Best Direction: East
Lucky Gemstone: Yellow Sapphire

General And Physical Features
Indians hold Punarvasu in high esteem since it is the birth nakshatra of the revered Lord Rama. Punarvasu is the seventh nakshatra of the zodiac, and ranges from 20°-00' in Mithuna (Taurus) to 3°-20' in Karaka (Cancer). The term 'Punarvasu' symbolizes return or regeneration. The planet Jupiter rules this constellation and the symbol for it is the Bow. People bestowed with this sign are handsome individuals and are bright and enthusiastic by nature.

Positive Human Traits
Simple people, they are honest and always tend to speak the truth. They have the least interest towards material possessions and are spiritual in nature. A deep-rooted faith in God leads them to religious or spiritually oriented careers. They have a tendency to share their material possessions with others and donate it for the benefit of others. They have great sympathy towards the needy, and try to help them in every possible ways. At work, they are gentle and great motivators, something that leads to wealth and prosperity. They are selective about their friend circle, and try to live in a peaceful and pious manner. Blessed with longevity, they are admired and loved by everyone around them.

Negative Human Traits
People born under the Punarvasu constellation have very few negative qualities. Punarvasu females may at times, get into arguments with others to display their intelligence. This might create some family disputes. Vanity is one of the other occasional vices that these people might display.

www.agasthiar.org...

Rasi Calculator
Nakshatra Calculator :Your Rasi : Kataka (Cancer)
Your Rasi Lord : Chandra (Moon)

Your Nakshatra : Punarpoosam (in Tamil), Punarvasu (in Sanskrit)
95.35% elapsed, 4.65% remaining.
This is the 7th of the 27 nakshatras.

Your Nakshatra Pada (quarter) : 4th pada (quarter)
81.40% elapsed, 18.60% remaining.

Moon is at : 2° 43' in Kataka (Cancer)

Life path 9

Destiny/expression 4

soul urge heart desire 9

Inner dreams personality number 4

Challenge numbers 1,1,0,2

Attitude number 7

Karmatic debt:13

personal year 4

balance number 8

hidden passion number 9

rational thought number 7

Subconsious self number 9

Mental ability 33 physical 15 emotional 46 intuitive 5

essence number 7

Pinnacle years Age 0-29: 7 32-42: 5 43-51 : 3 49 and beyond : 6

Sorry for the random spam haha

www.mysticscripts.com...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

I could only find the Rasi calculator. I seem to also be Cancer / Moon, with Aayilyam/Aslesha as (9th) Nakshatra. Whatever that means. But I don't know the exact time of birth. Or my name at birth. Or who my bio-parents are, or their genealogy. Adopted, y'see. So any numerology based on my name is by definition useless.

I also can't change the tinnitus pitch, or make chi balls, or make the little cardboard pyramid on the needle spin, or do "microcosmic orbits." I've tried that and much more in the past 25 years. The only thing I seem able to use the surges for is mild healing (and only of others), like relieving headaches. It's frustrating. I get the feeling it'll kick in someday, but... nothing yet.
edit on 3/5/2013 by Thought Provoker because: Detail.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Thought Provoker

Thats very interesting. Similarities. Tho the date of your birth without the exact hour also is correct somewhat. I still get 9 everytime. Thanks for contributing

Listening to some tunes.

I don't really care because any gov can trace my registering email back. But regardless everything i speak of is speculation. That being said, If someone happens to see me around here's a face you can spot out and be like YO SOUTHPAW lol i'l look.

Thanks for contributing guys. BUT i'm still up for hearing other peoples experiences - or any further statements you guys have/ Revelations and such come here and post it i will be sure to reply.

edit on 5-3-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join