What is touch? And what about the 5 second rule?

page: 1
2

log in

join

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Ever think about what touch is? At least a few of us think it's when two surfaces come in physical contact. But that's really not true. It's really just electrons repelling each other and your body's touch senses detect it and you "feel" the surface. Perhaps we should revise the definition of touch. I'll put a link to a video on the Youtubes. Now, what about the 5 second rule? Is it really true? Well, that subject is a little more in depth, so I'll just save myself the attempt to explain it by posting a link to another video on that.


edit on 4-3-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)
edit on 4-3-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)




posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Well I can tell you that when I got my first job in a restaurant at 14 years old. I dropped a raw steak on a very dirty kitchen floor and the Chef there told me to not worry about it because it did not touch the floor more than 5 seconds. That steak was cooked and served that day hahaha.



posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Myth Busters did a formal series of tests on this and called it the 3 second rule, as I recall. They'd shown scientifically that it's just as bacteria laden and contaminated in 3 seconds as it is in 10 or 20. Yum!

(I hope those customers got that steak well done. lol)



posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
First, Allbab, that's F#@%&$* disgusting.

And Second, cool post OP. I didn't have time for the first video, but the 5 second rule one did rile my curiosity, and it seems the majority of women (70%) use this "rule" more than men. For some reason I found that stat really shocking, guess that's based on my own judgement of men and their attitude towards germs. I see more women grossed out with dirt than men, but hey I guess I'd pick up a chocolate off the ground too


Good to know that there should be no rule at all, as any germs immediately stick to the item
but hey, builds for a stronger immune system right?



posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by allbab
Well I can tell you that when I got my first job in a restaurant at 14 years old. I dropped a raw steak on a very dirty kitchen floor and the Chef there told me to not worry about it because it did not touch the floor more than 5 seconds. That steak was cooked and served that day hahaha.


Gross. Poor people that ate it. Makes me think of what I've eaten at restaurants.



posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by RooskiZombi
First, Allbab, that's F#@%&$* disgusting.

And Second, cool post OP. I didn't have time for the first video, but the 5 second rule one did rile my curiosity, and it seems the majority of women (70%) use this "rule" more than men. For some reason I found that stat really shocking, guess that's based on my own judgement of men and their attitude towards germs. I see more women grossed out with dirt than men, but hey I guess I'd pick up a chocolate off the ground too


Good to know that there should be no rule at all, as any germs immediately stick to the item
but hey, builds for a stronger immune system right?




That's true. And our food is contaminated with bacteria all the time. Even when cooked, I'm sure there's some bacteria still on there. But, like you said, it does build up our immune system. For me personally, I used to use the 5 second rule, and some year, I decided to stop using it I guess. But now I never use it, cause it's just not true. And if touch was really physical contact, there would be no femtosecond rule or whatever.



posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by blahxd67

Originally posted by allbab
Well I can tell you that when I got my first job in a restaurant at 14 years old. I dropped a raw steak on a very dirty kitchen floor and the Chef there told me to not worry about it because it did not touch the floor more than 5 seconds. That steak was cooked and served that day hahaha.


Gross. Poor people that ate it. Makes me think of what I've eaten at restaurants.


When I worked at Red Robin they had an ant problem and I watched as they cooked live ants on Nachos and serve it.


I didn't work there very long ha



posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by blahxd67

Originally posted by allbab
Well I can tell you that when I got my first job in a restaurant at 14 years old. I dropped a raw steak on a very dirty kitchen floor and the Chef there told me to not worry about it because it did not touch the floor more than 5 seconds. That steak was cooked and served that day hahaha.


Gross. Poor people that ate it. Makes me think of what I've eaten at restaurants.


When I worked at Red Robin they had an ant problem and I watched as they cooked live ants on Nachos and serve it.


I didn't work there very long ha


I heard bugs are nutritious.



posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
5 Second Rule.

Food falls on floor.

Germs: ''Get it, get it.''
King Germ: ''No! We must wait 5 seconds. It's the rule.''


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monkeygod333
5 Second Rule.

Food falls on floor.

Germs: ''Get it, get it.''
King Germ: ''No! We must wait 5 seconds. It's the rule.''


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



Too bad there's bacteria/germs everywhere. So it's likely where ever the food fell...they're already on there. I know it was a joke, but I ruined it



posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
(I hope those customers got that steak well done. lol)


Chances are....they didn't.





top topics
 
2

log in

join