It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help interpreting a badger dream....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
So this night I had a very vivid series of dreams, No lucidity, just very vivid (I often have those, but this time I can remember pretty much everything).

There was one scene to which I attribute some deeper more important meaning, but I'm having trouble interpreting it.
Here's some quick real life facts that might have signifiance to the scene:

- I'm 33 years old with a steady job.
- My mother lives in Norway and is married to a kind norwegian man. They have always been helpful to me.
- I live with my girlfriend, we have two kids; a boy 2 and a girl 7. The girl is not mine by blood.... and we have a bit of a strained relationship.
- I have just last week decided to actively find a new workplace as I feel I'm being held back that the place I'm at right now... maybe I feel somewhat overseen, as jobs I want to do are given to inferior employees in my opinion.
Therefore I also asked my employer for a letter of recommandation, to which he of course was curious.
- I might recently or for a while have been projecting my bitterness over feeling underachieved to my surroundings...

Anyways, here's the dream scene.

I was walking to get something, can't remember what it was, but it was located down a valley sort of thing across a small stream. Down by the stream there were some kids playing.
Suddenly my path was blocked a bit by what turned out to be a scaffolding kind of structure I was standing on. Next to me a young girl appeared... I got the feeling I had to protect her or help her. Maybe she wanted to go down there as well.
But as we are about to climb down, I see a badger standing a few levels below us. It sees us, and starts jumping wildly at us, attacking ferociously. I keep it at bay by kicking it in the face. It starts weakening by continues its attacks.
Then a norwegian / swedish man appears and as I give it the last kick which flips the badger over my head and up where I came from originally the man gives it push, and puts two shrubberies of pine wood into the opening to the path and says " that will keep it away....".

We all climb down to the ground and as I move away from the scaffolding he says "you better tell someone to fix that thing... it's not strong enough, it will fall apart".
I look back where he's pointing at and now realise that what we were climbing down off was wooden ladder kind of thing.... you know like those flowers will grow up against, only this one was larger and more sturdy. I gained a sort of zoom and noticed that the nails holding the thing together was rusting and I though to myself "well.. he's right..."

Then I walked on towards the thing I was aiming for and the scene changed.

-------------------------------

When I read about badgers the only info I can find is that it could represent a stubborn nature of one self, or that it could symbolise the victory over a "foe", but I can't really find a way to interpret this dream... and I want to
It stills hangs vividly in my mind as I write this here 2 hours after I woke up.

Hope there's some of you guys who can light the way a bit....

Thanks
edit on 4/3/13 by flice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Seems fairly obvious to me...

Your relationship has a unstable base and you have the means to "fix" it. Fix it or fail....
edit on 4-3-2013 by RobertF because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:54 AM
link   
your on a path to building a new life, but its not a secure 1 hence the structure falling apart, the badger represents self doubt. in my opinion your dream is telling you to be confident and make strong sound decisions.

did you wake up thirsty ?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mykingdomforthetruth

Funny you ask... What woke me up was our boy calling from his room. But after tending to him, my first thought was to get something to drink from the fridge.

But shouldn't me kicking and "defeating" the badger in some way be a sign of strength or myself actually wanting to overcome some stubborn obstacle in my life? Even though I did get the final help from that guy?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by flice

I am basing what I say off of what you thought was relevant to your dream and your actual dream (I think this is a fine approach because dreams come from your sub-conscious, same as where undertone in one's writing comes from).

I think the badger is a manifestation of yourself, some part of you that you disagree with, consciously or unconsciously. The little girl represents your daughter, and the Norwegian man is your step dad. You are seeking guidance from him in your mind, and you are comfortable to how he has treated your mom and more importantly you from real life. He is symbolizing the change you want to make in yourself to fix things with your daughter. The scaffold thing you mentioned is probably just a physical manifestation of that very same concept, and together with the example of your step father's actions you have the ability to regain, or gain, love from your step-daughter.

I am a bit sleepy so sorry if my writing is convoluted but I hope you can derive some meaning to it. I wanted to reply because I was interested and didn't want to forget tomorrow.

Anyway, good luck. Hope there is an element of help in what I said.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
This always helps me interpreting my badger dreams:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Twix404

Actually that makes a great deal of sense... thank you for offering that explanation, it actually helps a lot getting an objective look.

reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Hah... oh dear... I feel nightmares coming my way

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Haha ok you beat me to it, had to check so it didn't pop up twice.

top topics

join