It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People, Hell & Angels.. Jimi Hendrix releases new album from the dead

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Hi

A new hendrix album with 12 previously unreleased tracks he completed while in the studio before his death in 1970 is set to be released March 5th.Thats 43 years since his last album and now we get to listen to some more Hendrix and i will absolutly be buying it

link

Some 43 years after his tragic death, rock-n-roll legend Jimi Hendrix will return to relevance on Tuesday with the release of his new album People, Hell & Angels.

The album consists of 12 previously unreleased tracks Hendrix completed in the studio before his death in 1970, brought about by an overdose of sleeping pills

This is a youtube video of one of the new songs my sound is broken so I cant listen :

ETA.I found this on youtube and it is not part of the story so i cant be sure its really the new Jimmi

edit on 4-3-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

edit on Wed Mar 6 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: spelling in title

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Wow great news!! I had no idea about this, I actually bought a "Kiss The Sky" vinyl the other day. Looks like more moneys going on Hendrix

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Kind of remind's me Dave Chappelle's Tupac sketch.

Video

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Amazing. Hundred of years from now the only musican they will remember from 20th/21 st century wil be Hendrix. He will have some reverence as Beethoven and Mozart.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Looking forward to hearing something new from the long dead king of guitar.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Bad news fellow UK fans, the album isn't released in the UK till the 1st of April by the look of it

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

how does it sound? probably a dumb question lol. I just wanna hear it

Think Ill go sneak into my sons room and play it on his computer

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Really funky...is the best way I can describe it.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I just heard it first time and it sounds amazing

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
this one ive heard

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
wrong video

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Ok,

I don't know for sure but I'm a big Hendrix Fan and I have to say...this doesn't sound like Jimmy for a few small details.

Great recording...too great

Clean...too clean

Fantastic vocals...too fantastic. There are sustained vocals but Jimmy wasn't a fan of it.

I may be wrong but...is this really Hendrix?

And the guitar? Where is Jimmy? It's there but...Horns and vocals are over the top of everything. Jimmy was guitar and it was the predominant sound over everything. It was Hendrix . He wasn't a vocalist and he let the guitar speak for what he couldn't express.

I just don't see this as Jimmy Hendrix.

Thanks OP.

Peace

edit on 4-3-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage
reply to post by goou111

Amazing. Hundred of years from now the only musican they will remember from 20th/21 st century wil be Hendrix. He will have some reverence as Beethoven and Mozart.

Because we don't remember any other artists from Beethoven's and Mozart's respective musical eras?

edit on 4-3-2013 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:50 AM
link   
YEah that first video post is definitely not Hendrix, it's not his voice.

Also, he never made anything with that sort of vibe (James Brown like..) with horns.

Only some of the guitar parts sounded like him (and prob is not).

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by nOraKat
YEah that first video post is definitely not Hendrix, it's not his voice.

Also, he never made anything with that sort of vibe (James Brown like..) with horns.

Only some of the guitar parts sounded like him (and prob is not).

I found that video on youtube and I still have not heard it. It was not part of the story so it could be bs I guess

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Ok,

I don't know for sure but I'm a big Hendrix Fan and I have to say...this doesn't sound like Jimmy for a few small details.

Great recording...too great

Clean...too clean

Fantastic vocals...too fantastic. There are sustained vocals but Jimmy wasn't a fan of it.

I may be wrong but...is this really Jimmy?

And the guitar? Where is Jimmy? It's there but...

Thanks OP.

Peace

edit on 4-3-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

amazing things can be done with software these days BUT you'd still be able to tell the era of the original recording and your remarks is exactly what i thought as well, i'm not convinced this is really him at all.

the time period of these songs are around his height and these songs leave a lot to be desired.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
This is a collection of origional recordings from 1968 til his death with other musicians than the experience.

Official Jimi website

With an album title coined by Jimi Hendrix, People, Hell & Angels, reveals some of Hendrix's post-Experience ambitions and directions as he worked with new musicians--including the Buffalo Springfield's Stephen Stills, drummer Buddy Miles, Billy Cox (with whom Hendrix had served in the 101st US Army Airborne and later played on the famed R & B 'chitlin circuit' together) and others--creating fresh and exciting sounds for the next chapter in his extraordinary career.

The video from the op was misleading as to the general sound of the Album.

Mojo Man: Jimi would lend a hand to Albert & Arthur Allen, the vocalists known as the Ghetto Fighters, whom he had befriended in Harlem long before he achieved fame with the Experience. When the two recorded this inspired, previously unreleased master at the legendary Fame Studios in Muscle Shoals, Alabama they took it back to Hendrix at Electric Lady Studios. Jimi knew just what to do to elevate the recording beyond contemporary R & B to the new hybrid of rock, rhythm and blues he was celebrated for.

This will be the single.

Somewhere: This newly discovered gem was recorded in March 1968 and features Buddy Miles on drums and Stephen Stills on bass. Entirely different from any previous version fans have ever heard.

Try these before they get taken down..

Inside Out: Jimi was fascinated by the rhythm pattern that would ultimately take form as "Ezy Ryder". Joined here by Mitch Mitchell, Jimi recorded all of the bass and guitar parts for this fascinating song--including a dramatic lead guitar part amplified through a Leslie organ speaker.

Villanova Junction Blues: Long before his famous performance of this song at Woodstock, Jimi recorded this studio version with Billy Cox and Buddy Miles at the same May 1969 session which yielded "Hear My Train A Comin'" and "Bleeding Heart" also featured on this album. Never fully finished, the song stands as an example of the fertile ideas he hoped to harness and bring to fruition.

All quotes from here Official Jimi website
The whole album is already on youtube.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman
This is a collection of origional recordings from 1968 til his death with other musicians than the experience.

Official Jimi website

With an album title coined by Jimi Hendrix, People, Hell & Angels, reveals some of Hendrix's post-Experience ambitions and directions as he worked with new musicians--including the Buffalo Springfield's Stephen Stills, drummer Buddy Miles, Billy Cox (with whom Hendrix had served in the 101st US Army Airborne and later played on the famed R & B 'chitlin circuit' together) and others--creating fresh and exciting sounds for the next chapter in his extraordinary career.

The video from the op was misleading as to the general sound of the Album.

Mojo Man: Jimi would lend a hand to Albert & Arthur Allen, the vocalists known as the Ghetto Fighters, whom he had befriended in Harlem long before he achieved fame with the Experience. When the two recorded this inspired, previously unreleased master at the legendary Fame Studios in Muscle Shoals, Alabama they took it back to Hendrix at Electric Lady Studios. Jimi knew just what to do to elevate the recording beyond contemporary R & B to the new hybrid of rock, rhythm and blues he was celebrated for.

This will be the single.

Somewhere: This newly discovered gem was recorded in March 1968 and features Buddy Miles on drums and Stephen Stills on bass. Entirely different from any previous version fans have ever heard.

Try these before they get taken down..

Inside Out: Jimi was fascinated by the rhythm pattern that would ultimately take form as "Ezy Ryder". Joined here by Mitch Mitchell, Jimi recorded all of the bass and guitar parts for this fascinating song--including a dramatic lead guitar part amplified through a Leslie organ speaker.

Villanova Junction Blues: Long before his famous performance of this song at Woodstock, Jimi recorded this studio version with Billy Cox and Buddy Miles at the same May 1969 session which yielded "Hear My Train A Comin'" and "Bleeding Heart" also featured on this album. Never fully finished, the song stands as an example of the fertile ideas he hoped to harness and bring to fruition.

All quotes from here Official Jimi website
The whole album is already on youtube.

Still not convinced.

Have you seen the movie "Eddie and the Cruisers 1&2?

Second movie is a previously unreleased album with many famous musicians titled "Seasons in Hell" (Hell and angels?) and everyone wanted it... especially the studios.

Sounds too familiar IMO.

But...I leave it open to my being wrong of course.

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

But...I leave it open to my being wrong of course.

Of course you're wrong. This is seriously misplaced scepticism.

Eddie and the Cruisers 1&2? Please!

That's a cheap Springsteen / E-street rip off attempt with extra "Mystery" nonsense.

There are worlds of differences betweem Bo-Diddly and Jimi Hendrix.

This is actually a great collection of Jimi's collaborations with other musicians over the years of his fame.

He doesn't sing on every track, but his guitar wizzardry cannot be missed.

Take the song "hear my train a coming", where he does sing:

This is the same song from the last compilation in 2010 with the Experience:

This is the same song live in 1969:

...and if you're still not sure its Jimi, here's himself with an auld 12 string acoustic guitar playing the same song, just for you...

It may be a money making scheme for Jimi's Brother, but these are also good quality Hendrix recordings that have been excellently remastered. Not all "typical" Jimi, but definitley Jimi.

Album Description, song by song.

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theflyingweldsman

Take the song "hear my train a coming", where he does sing:

I really hope that is him, if so thats one of the best most crisp, quality solos Ive heard of him ever. Which unfortunately leads me to believe it might not be him, or why I would have any skepticism at all. there are points where it sounds like heavy metal fretboard tapping for like 20 or more seconds straight at a time, thats something ive never heard so crisp from hendrix and perfect, and im guessing because of the technology of the time. So I really hope they didnt get some hendrix impersonator or good guitar player to study him and play over unfinished tracks (lol...its ats man, gotta be a conspiracy)... if it is him.. all may continue hailing

On second listen im 95% sure the lead playing is him, and its not the best solo ive heard from him
... there is always that "first time you hear a song surprise" wowness that gets you excited to hear something new but yea.... still very awesome

edit on 4-3-2013 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join