It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Father teaches all so that all may learn

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I'm so sorry that you don't realize that the Old Testament and the New Testament are talking about the same God. This is what happens when you don't study the Old Testament along with the New and understand what Jesus had to say about Old Testament scripture. He came to fulfill the scripture. He didn't condemn it.

Don't care. I'll take his more general advice with a grain of salt and leave the more specific stuff alone. Truth be told, I don't need a god. I've seen what religion does to people. The half that learns to love righteously gets killed by the half that learns to kill righteously. Guess who carries on the message? Bingo.

I'll stick with an amalgamation of spirituality. Religion is killing itself off anyway.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Those are the souls of the wicked and the dead.
I think that the category: "the dead" would account for most people when it comes to a general resurrection.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

I'm so sorry that you don't realize that the Old Testament and the New Testament are talking about the same God. This is what happens when you don't study the Old Testament along with the New and understand what Jesus had to say about Old Testament scripture. He came to fulfill the scripture. He didn't condemn it.
I don't know why you think I don't study the Old Testament.
I just don't take it as authoritative, like apparently you do.
The Christian Bible is the New Testament.
In modern times Bible printers have attached the Jewish Bible onto it so Christians have some clue as to what they are talking about when the NT writers quote the OT.
Jesus told the leaders of the Jews and the high priests of the temple that they did not know God, that their knowledge came from below.
Jesus knew God because he came from God, someone he said that no man has ever seen, which excludes the OT 'god', who was seen, and a lot of times appeared and behaved like a normal man but had these high claims about himself.
The NT says those were angels that administered things in the past, where today we have the true God represented by Jesus, in charge of things.
That leaves the rule of angels, including ones that spoke with godlike authority, as redundant and faded off into murky history.
edit on 5-3-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Jesus knew God because he came from God, someone he said that no man has aver seen, which excludes the OT 'god', who was seen, and a lot of times appeared and behaved like a normal man but had these high claims about himself.

That's because Jesus was Yahweh.

Jesus was the "angel of the Lord" that always appeared before them in the physical on God's behalf.

Why do you think the verse below was repeated over and over again to them?

Deuteronomy 6:4

4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:

Mark 12:29

29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

Exodus 6:3

3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

John 14:7

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

edit on 5-3-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

That's because Jesus was Yahweh.
Jesus was the I Am, not the same thing as the name the editors of the Old Testament made from the statements by the angel to Moses.

Jesus was the "angel of the Lord" that always appeared before them in the physical on God's behalf.
There is in the OT mention of what they called "the angel of the Lord", but there isn't anything to indicate that was Jesus or even if it was always the same angel in that role.

Why do you think the verse below was repeated over and over again to them?
They (the Jews) repeat the Sh'ma, derived from quotes from the OT. One of those is Deuteronomy 6:4 that says the Lord is one.
Jesus in Mark repeats it as an introduction to the following verses saying to Love God.
The main emphasis is on the second part, about the greatest commandment.
The first part Jesus does not elaborate on, being, apparently, integral to the phrase in the minds of his listeners.
The other verses you quoted add no support to your argument.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

That's OK, Dewey.

I didn't expect you to understand.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Not "flesh and spirit", but "flesh then spirit".

1 Corinthians 15:46, 47, 49

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy; the second man is the Lord from heaven.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.

So says you.... and your saviour apparently... That Paul guy

People need to start taking note of when the word son is capitalized or not. If it's capitalized, it's referring to Jesus, it it's not, it's referring to other believers.

So you haven't read Ezekiel... you're probably better off...

Jesus told them this because they lost their chance at seeing his second coming in their lifetime.

That isn't biblical...

For the believers, he was telling them that the Holy Spirit would reside in their heart with them until the actual physical second coming. That's what he meant when he told them that the kingdom of God was within them.

neither is that....

Yet another stunning example that Christians know better then their own God...

Jesus is telling them that his kingdom would have been in this world had they not rejected him. If the Jews had fought for him, he would have stayed,

Which means you go against your own theology... Jesus came for a reason and died for a reason according to Christian ideals... By saying "he would have stayed" you reject that concept that his life "and death" had a reason...

but they rejected him instead. This is why he closes this sentence with "BUT now is my kingdom not from hence". After that time, the kingdom of God would only reside in them as the Holy Spirit until a future date when they'll be forced to recognize him for who he is.

Why is it that you attempt to tell others what Jesus actually meant... as if you know better then HE did?

You're just adding your own theology to your replies.... which has more holes then actual Christian doctrine...

I don't get you people sometimes

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Which means you go against your own theology... Jesus came for a reason and died for a reason according to Christian ideals... By saying "he would have stayed" you reject that concept that his life "and death" had a reason...
That's central to the Dispensationalist heresy, that what the Jews in the time of Jesus wanted was OK, it was just this sort of mistaken identity that was wrong.
If they can sort that tiny bit out, that Jesus was the Messiah, then full guns! They continue on just like the last 2000 years never happened.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I didn't expect you to understand.
You have to go to the meetings and get full of 'the spirit' listening to some charismatic preacher, before you can "understand".
That's a cult.
Sorry.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

You are trying to tell us that we can achieve nothing without the 'father'. If that's the case then we are nothing more than mere puppets on a string. No thank you. Really. Please tell that father of yours to stay the hell away from me, okay? I mean it.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

You are trying to tell us that we can achieve nothing without the 'father'. If that's the case then we are nothing more than mere puppets on a string. No thank you. Really. Please tell that father of yours to stay the hell away from me, okay? I mean it.

It's wonderful to know I'm not alone in arriving at that conclusion.

I mean, even if I was, I wouldn't change my mind...but it's still disheartening to think you're one of a spare few intellectuals who aren't so tied down by their insecurities that they can't break free of their emotional security blanket.
edit on 5-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

This is how he teaches, it doesn't require belief. Circumstances will happen rather belief is present or not.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

This is how he teaches, it doesn't require belief. Circumstances will happen rather belief is present or not.

That's what we call 'circumstantial evidence'. This only gives cause for suspicion and possibility. For instance, I could make a fully arguable case for the existence of the magical world as described by esteemed author J.K. Rowling. You would be unable to prove me wrong, due to the numerous possibilities by which such a world would escape government notice.

Again...circumstantial. This does not necessitate nor justify belief. It invokes suspicion and excuses investigation. That's all.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
reply to post by jiggerj

You don't get it, darlin'. If a god is SO pervasive, if he is controlling absolutely everything about your life, then you don't exist. You're just a puppet and he's holding the strings. Do you really wish for life to be this way?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by jiggerj

You don't get it, darlin'. If a god is SO pervasive, if he is controlling absolutely everything about your life, then you don't exist. You're just a puppet and he's holding the strings. Do you really wish for life to be this way?

I understand your point of view, but I can not think along those lines as you do.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Mother is the superior to all the females of above. She is also the one whom gives all their emotions whom come into the physical, and they return to her when your time is finished here. Her and Father are equal.

This is a bunch of baloney. You are a false teacher, the only people you'd be affecting are those who do not care for the truth. You are just one of MANY perps, Jesus did well in warning us about folk like you.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

reply to post by jiggerj

I understand your point of view, but I can not think along those lines as you do.

I don't want you to think like me. I want you to offer your view on how you are NOT a puppet under the conditions you've described.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
Im not sure how much truth there is to Jesus traveling to india...
I think its very possible, but I don't really know...
The life of Issa describes someone who taught very similar things... and there is 17 years missing from his documented life within the bible as well
Some believe he traveled there during those years while others claim he went after surviving his execution...
I like to think either is possible... but again who really knows

Is Nikkos Kazanzakas still alive? He could re-write 'The Last Temptation of Christ', in India or France take your pick of scenarios. I think any and all things are possible as well. It is a known that before his ministry started at age 30 HE WAS SOMEWHERE inbetween for at least 20yrs , doubt it was Florida playing shuffle-ball with the retirees.

edit on 5-3-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

17-18 years actually...

He debated with the pros at age 12...

Now I've heard that he just remained in his trade as a carpenter and simply stuck around his family during those years...

I find that hard to believe personally

edit on 5-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Did you know that some say he went to Britiannia, and some link the first Christians of the Roman Christian scourge to have been Brittanians?

Some Arthurian legends hold that Jesus traveled to Britain as a boy, lived at Priddy in the Mendips, and built the first wattle cabin at Glastonbury.[20] William Blake's early 19th century poem And did those feet in ancient time was inspired by the story of Jesus traveling to Britain. In some versions, Joseph was supposedly a tin merchant and took Jesus under his care when his mother Mary was widowed.[21][22] Gordon Strachan wrote Jesus the Master Builder: Druid Mysteries and the Dawn of Christianity (1998), which was the basis of the documentary titled And Did Those Feet (2009). Strachan believed Jesus may have travelled to Britain to study with the Druids.
en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join