It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My roommate awoke to a green orb and he took a picture!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
reply to post by sageturkey

That helps by a factor of almost 0%. You need to upload the original untouched, unedited photos, both of them. The shutter time should not be the 8th of january for example. I'd love to help, but given these scant details and lack of orignals, I'd say this is a complete farce.

Ummm excuse me, but I did. Both of the photos that I uploaded are untouched and unedited. Mine, I can vouch for 100%. I took the pic, emailed it to myself and uploaded it directly to ATS. The other photo came to me directly from his phone and unless you know of a droid equivalent of Photoshop then it's most plausible that his photo was also untouched. Plus, I have no idea why it listed the shutter time as such. Maybe the program I used is flawed and has the wrong database column heading? I'll look for another one, I saw a few others that promise to pull extensive exif information. I stated that I would try to get the original photo directly from his phone, apparently the exif info was removed when he sent me the pic via SMS. Waddya want from me? I'm doing everything I can to substantiate this...
edit on 4-3-2013 by sageturkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
All we need is the ORIGINAL photo taken from your roommate's phone. There are plenty of free upload sites, imgur, pixlr, whatever, google "free image upload sites", and create an account. Upload it.

We just need the original photo. That's all. Really. Honest.

Let the members of ATS have a look at it. Without a certified "original" image, with exif data intact, there's really nothing to prove, and you are at risk of presenting a hoax and being BANNED for doing so. Is your membership worth that?

I'll do that, I'll press him to come over with his phone if not tonight then tomorrow night. I'll copy the photo from hid SD card and upload it to one of the sites as you mentioned. Once it's proven to be an unedited and untouched photo, then what?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

Well in that case I would expect a constant luminosity across the strand but here we have a segmented segment, like a beaded string it does not conform to what would happen if motion blur was the only cause for the "orb" trail in the image...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Then, ATS can do it's job.

Membership will provide factual details about the data on the EXIF, and will be able to further explain what the image actually is.

Sorry, but so far every explanation so far has been speculation. Razor charging lights? LEDs flashing? No proof, just best guesses from folks who have many years of experience with this sort of phenomena.

You'll find an instant skeptic when you produce a thread like this, especially without having a solid "certified" image.

Give us more to go on, and we'll work with what we have. That's what we do here.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
What do we have so far?

1. You cannot say where the photos were taken, for both backgrounds are solid black.. No anything except from deep black.

2. You didn't provide a picture of your room, from the same position where the pic was taken
3. We're still waiting for the originals with the exif data
4. Both green lights seem to match in colour and intensity (well, the dark backgrounds are similar as well). It seems to me they match, so what you friend got was you razor charger.

One last question: Are you Bernard Schnitzel???????
edit on 4-3-2013 by LordAdef because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I like the way you come across...
That's all I really wanted in the first place, opinions from others. I just asked him to come over and am awaiting a reply, I told him that I really need the photo directly from his phone. I'll do my best here to give you what you need to dig further.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordAdef
What do we have so far?

1. You cannot say where the photos were taken, for both backgrounds are solid black.. No anything except from deep black.

2. You didn't provide a picture of your room, from the same position where the pic was taken
3. We're still waiting for the originals with the exif data
4. Both green lights seem to match in colour and intensity (well, the dark backgrounds are similar as well). It seems to me they match, so what you friend got was you razor charger.

One last question: Are you Bernard??

You want a picture of my room from the same position? Coming right up. Would you like me to upload it to one of the free pic sites that doesn't strip exif info or is a picture of the room sastisfactory?
You want me to upload the pic that I took of my rechargable razor? OK...
And, I did say where the photos were taken numerous times. The original was taken from my bedroom, you'll have a clearer perspective when I upload the next one from the viewpoint of where he took the picture from although I have no idea what good that will do, and the one that I took is in my bathroom, where rechargable razors often live. One pic of my bedroom coming right up, bear with me while I take it and upload it.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Great. You know, the more you offer the more people can comment. As I said both photos could've been taken in the same place. WE cannot know cause we lack reference. Both green looks the same to me. But thanks, we'll wait for the pictures.

How about my last question? Are you Bernard??

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LordAdef

I have no idea

No really though, no Bernard here. In fact, this is my first thread that I've created, I usually spend time reading Quake Watch and skim other threads but have never really gotten into the paranormal stuff.
Here's a direct link to the pic of my room from the perspective of where the pic was taken from. You have to understand though, that without him here to verify the position it's only going to be semi-accurate. He said that he sat up and took the pic, so I took the pic from where I'm assuming he would have been laying. I know which side of the bed he slept on, so it's the best I can do - really.... I just pressed him to come over soon and he said "that could be arranged" and I replied "the sooner the better" so we'll have to wait and see on that.

Link to pic of room on Photobucket:
i1110.photobucket.com...

Link to pic of razors LED in bathroom on photobucket:
i1110.photobucket.com...
The razor was laying on the bathroom sink counter BTW...

Only the infamous original remains and I'm workin on it
edit on 4-3-2013 by sageturkey because: Fumblefingers

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Ok, Good enough for now.

You know what we need, and I think it's best to wait til we get it. Rational explanations, rather than speculations, are what ATS is all about. If you truly have a phenomena here, we're willing to examine the evidence and produce an explanation.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
To see an OP go out of their way, and stick to their thread, speaks volumes for credibility.

Just sayin'.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42
To see an OP go out of their way, and stick to their thread, speaks volumes for credibility.

Just sayin'.

Awesome. Thanks a billion for that.

ETA: For a better understanding of location, the bathroom is attached to the bedroom. It's to the left, not in view in the photo. I just measured and where the razor sits is 11' from the bed but not visible from the bed and nowhere near the doorway where he said the object appeared. The doorway in question is the one in the photo.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
One more reply and it's time to relax.
Here's my best attempt at reproducing something similar using a red laser. As I mentioned, I'd use a green one if I still had it, but is was sold last summer as the $60 that I spent on it was a bit too frivolous for my budget.
I waved the laser quickly in a figure 8 pattern and took numerous photos, this one had the best trail but it's not really anything like the original. One solid line, not nearly as fluid and precise of a pattern.
This was taken in the dark against the background of my white front door.

i1110.photobucket.com...
edit on 4-3-2013 by sageturkey because: Added photo

edit on 4-3-2013 by sageturkey because: More fumblefingers

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Sorry, just couldn't resist trying to answer one more assumption made by multiple posters.

Fireflies?

There are no fireflies in Wyoming

Ok, so 1 commenter to the story said that they've seen them here. I never have on my 15 years here and I spend a lot of time outdoors at night...
edit on 4-3-2013 by sageturkey because: Comment

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
OP- thanks for posting all these additional pictures and trying to answer everyone's questions. I really love threads like this and I'm glad that you brought this picture and story to ATS. I think it takes balls.
It's hard to put yourself out there for people to pick apart the pictures and the story and basically be put on the defensive when all you wanted to do was share something potentially interesting with the community. So, really, thank you for posting this and nice work of following up and trying to get everyone addition information.

Does that laser picture show the same beading? I hope someone with more skills than me can tell. Also, I saw through the doorway you can see your kitchen. Any LED lights in there, like a microwave clock or something else? I'm wondering if it could have been a reflection. Or a fan for the freezer reflecting something? I know... I'm reaching.

It is strange though... if this was a normal, explainable event - why has it never happened before? Maybe because he normally sleeps with the door shut? And maybe I missed it... but how big did he think it was?

ETA:
Oh, and since someone mentioned it, here is a picture of fireflies at night to compare. Similar color, but I would find it surprising if his roommate wouldn't recognize the flashing of a firefly. Plus - I missed where they live, but this time of year we definitely don't have fireflies around here.

edit on 4-3-2013 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Hey Veghead, thanks so much for your comments. There is a microwave clock in the kitchen but it faces a different direction and can not be seen. Nothing to reflect off of either... No beads in the laser picture that I took, I was hoping but no luck.
Awesome picture of the fireflies, that is definitely the most resemblance to the original that I've seen yet, although no precisely similar. And yeah, here neither... On the remote chance that there are actually fireflies here which I still doubt and have never seen, in the middle of Winter in Wyoming? Not likely

Gotta run, hope to have an original pic to upload to photobucket very soon.
edit on 4-3-2013 by sageturkey because: Too quick on the reply button

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
That little green razor light that flashes is obviously the same green light in the OP.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
After looking at the picture, here is my opinion. Having no exif data, I can only guess the properties of the picture.

To me, the green "orb" looks like a green DPSS laser. The picture itself (at least the visible portion) doesn't seem very blurry, so it must have been taken by a VERY steady hand (in the case of a long exposure), or the exposure must have been rather short. In the latter case it's very likely that it's a picture of a green laser, because common green lasers "pulse" instead of outputting a continuous beam. The pulse is usually not visible to the naked eye unless you're moving it very fast, in which case you would see "segments" in the beam, instead of a contiguous streak.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by LordAdef

I agree.

The exif data (not from the picture but from the OP's previous post) said 1 sec exposure. There are 15 "orbs" in the pic. So we have an LED which flickered 15 times in a second. There is a post in this thread explaining this flickering, and a simple google search will bring up plenty of evidence that older LED's do indeed flicker, but faster than they eye can detect. A 1 second exposure and a moving camera with a flickering LED. Mystery solved.

I would guess that the OP's room mate may have had a little too much to drink (or similar) that evening and awoke in a dizzy state and misunderstood what he was seeing.

What you have failed to explain is the pixilated square around your "test" photo of your razor. I have created a 400% crop of that immage.

This looks like a cut and paste job to me. Very questionable. There should not be a pixilated square around the green blob. Please put original files on a site where we can look at them properly.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

This article caught my eye because of the words "green orb" and "picture." I was enormously let down when the OP said that pictures were forthcoming. Why is it that people post claims and make us wait before displaying the picture? Could it be to see how much attention the thread gets? I think so. And then the picture come and looks like I could do that in photoshop with absolutely no experience. You have won troll. You attracted me to this page and made me post. How do you feel now?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join