It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man On The Moon Face

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Ever seen this?

Some may call it a trick of the light or Pareidolia, but wow, can't believe I've never noticed this.

Time to break out the old telescope, wipe away the mothballs.

Maybe the "Man on the moon" myth has some substance?

hi-res link

Anxious for the debunk team to give this a shot....

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Oh my gosh. I started hearing about the man in the moon when I was about, as I remember it, 3 years old. Then it was in so many children's books...just part of my everyday life.

Have you really not heard all the stories as a child.....I amazed this is new to you.

Des

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Ok. That was NOT what I was expecting when I clicked on this thread.
Creepy! I don't ever recall seeing that either. Good find!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
As much as I like that pic, and debunking is not my thing, With modern hi def, hi res mega-mega pixel images, you will see more and more of this sort of thing. Now the question is what the heck is that? and will this same image reproduce at a different angle and zoom?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
If you look above him to the right you can see ET coming out.

Almost looks like your avatar.

He's very faint and not as bright as the man's face.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
My dad used to tell me that the moon was made of cheese that's why there's holes in it lol
then my dad told me a lot of little stories that I sucked in! tut!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Obvious and deliberate PhotoShop (or similar) manipulation.

Take a look at the linked hi-res image and there is NO sign of this artifact. The manipulation is so blatant that it's totally not worth the effort cutting/pasting/uploading images to prove my point.

Time to place this in the HOAX bin.

ETA: Op, did you NOT bother checking both images yourself for consistency ? Seems like you didn't.
edit on 3/3/13 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

The first image I posted is obviously enhanced, I came across it on another board. The face has been shaded to show it,but what do you make of high res photos?

It looks like it's there...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

The first image I posted is obviously enhanced, I came across it on another board. The face has been shaded to show it,but what do you make of high res photos?

It looks like it's there...

Sorry ... but I see NO evidence of such an "artifact" on the hi-res image.
And the fact that the other image had to be "enhanced" at all indicates that this may have been an overt and deliberate act to fool people into believing that such a "facial artifact" exists.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
It's a Reptilian monument to one of their kings from the Quertz age. At least the timing would be correct. Actually, there's a good chance that a Reptilian scout post is located near the face, since they often like to protect their artifacts

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Here's a closeup taken from the hi-res image that you supplied.
As you can clearly see ... there's nothing unusual at that location ... least of all a humanoid face !

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Google Moon Pictures and take a look at all the images.

I'm not seeing it.......unless I sort of cross my eys, squint them, and back up from the computer monitor another foot.

I'd say that the smaller image you posted has be manipulated.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
As you can clearly see ... there's nothing unusual at that location ... least of all a humanoid face !

Thanks for posting....I still see it.

Does that make me crazy?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

Originally posted by tauristercus

Thanks for posting....I still see it.

Does that make me crazy?

Not at all ... just shows you have a very well developed imagination ... a sign of high intelligence

edit on 3/3/13 by tauristercus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Just want to point out that this cannot be the traditional "Man in the Moon", as the OP's feature (even if it's real) is too small to be seen with the naked eye. Rather, the "man"'s face is formed by the lunar maria (the large dark areas). en.wikipedia.org...

Personally, when I look at the Moon I see a rather miserable face. One of the eyes has either smudged makeup, face paint, tears, or a nasty bruise.

Recently, I have learned about the "Moon rabbit", and can now see it quite clearly too. en.wikipedia.org...

But as funky as these things are, they are simply a trick of the mind and the power of association.
edit on 4-3-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

there's nothing unusual at that location ... least of all a humanoid face

Wrong tough guy..!

Look at all the craters...a sure sign of acne, thus proof of a humanoid face!

edit on 6-3-2013 by facelift because: add 'at'

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

There are faces on mars too, besides the cydonia face; here are two, I see one that looks like a human face, with a grey's face embedded, Theres a long mountain ridge going north that ends in a crater (?) that looks like a thin (pregnant) woman holding out her hands, as if giving something . And of course this is all right next to the most FACE looking anomaly I've seen, to the right.

Google Earth, Mars, 33° 8'28.53"N 13° 5'17.49"W >- Grey's face at the feet of the "statue"-woman

Somehow the face to the right reminds me of Hitler, a skinned version. Also he's facing the grey's face pretty much spot on...

new topics

top topics

join