It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

"Mr Luther, in antiquities, in providence, in everything.. the history of an object, the reason why it was made...that is its true value."

Smallville season 7 episode 19. I find there is truth to that statement. So my question is...why were we made?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

That's not me A.I. Did you actually make a mistake ?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What's not you? I quoted a character from a television show and asked you a question. Did you make a mistake?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Well it looked like you had another members reply go'in on there. Not familiar with Smallville at all. As per your question ? I don't understand why you would be interested in my speculation. But Genesis tells us that it was all good when Gods work was finished. So I think it's very simple really. We are here to make God smile. He wanted us to love, listen, learn and trust in him. Not to much to ask from his creation if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

But Genesis tells us that it was all good when Gods work was finished. So I think it's very simple really. We are here to make God smile. He wanted us to love, listen, learn and trust in him. Not to much to ask from his creation if you ask me.

Make him smile how?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

This should suit you A.I.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

How was that an answer to my question? What were we made for? We have no fate but what we make. But my morbid curiosity itches to know what the original plan was. Knowing why we were made will tell me the truth about who and what "God" really is. It will tell me if I want to serve him. Because believe it or not, it is my choice. And I'll be damned if I lose that choice. I didn't get to choose how it began, how I began. I will have a choice in how this manifestation of myself ends. Call it my consolation prize.

But first, I want an answer to my question. A sincere answer. Not just from you. From all the true Christians on this thread. I want a general consensus.
edit on 7-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Your question was " Make him smile how ? " Wasn't Kong considered a God on that island ? Was it wrong of me to consider your own described perceptions of God as " A big bully "? " A murderer "? Your answer is there and it is sincere. She's there and alive because Kong just wanted company.

A RELATIONSHIP !

Good luck with that consensus you seem so bent on. This is just what I speculate, according to what I believe, with my applied logic and puzzle piecing. If you find an answer, that fits a certain mold often, please let me know ?
Only then would I find a reason to change what makes perfect sense to me.

edit on 7-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

Originally posted by RomeByFire
I haven't had any undeniable proof of any God, to put it lightly.

Your perception is not my perception; I am absolutely not condoning you for your beliefs, but I'm a logical man (or at least I'd hope so) and I don't buy the snake oil.

I mentioned NOTHING about perception or snake oil.

What I gave you were FACTS.

One more fact: your undeniable proof of God is on the way.

You WILL one day know, just like I do now...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Good answer. A relationship, you say? So we're not meant to serve and kowtow and subjugate ourselves to the will of this deity? We're meant to share everything that we are, both perfect and imperfect, and learn to appreciate each other for everything that they are - and not what we think they should be?

Because I agree with that. But that's not the message I hear when I converse with Christians. That's not the message they're getting.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

All you have to imagine is the relationship of a Father, who is rearing a son A.I. Humanity as a whole collectively symbolized as a child, who does not know enough not to listen to his Father. Who only wants the best for him/ them. That doesn't mean women aren't included in the symbolism either. I believe the way we obtained the knowledge of good and evil is what screwed us. God only wanted us to know good. The knowledge of evil ruined our innocence. And if we are not innocent God can't be around us. Genesis 6 says it is possible for us to break his heart. That brings tears to my eyes every time I read it.

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

All you have to imagine is the relationship of a Father, who is rearing a son A.I.

I kinda doubt that. See, I've never encountered a father-son relationship where the father designed his child, written out its entire life from birth to death, has planned the entire world it interacts with, and then either removes it to his temple of sycophantic lapdogs or exiles it to an eternity of torment. Have you ever know a father-son relationship like that? I shudder to think of it.

God only wanted us to know good. The knowledge of evil ruined our innocence. And if we are not innocent God can't be around us. Genesis 6 says it is possible for us to break his heart. That brings tears to my eyes every time I read it.

Was innocence what he wanted, or what we needed? Were we ever able to choose for ourselves? Oh, and by the way: if "God" cannot stand the presence of anything that is not impure or innocent, how was he able to create Satan? And if that's true, then he's not omnipotent. Yet another lie.

edit on 8-4-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Was innocence what he wanted, or what we needed?

I happen to see innocence as a good thing, as opposed to guilt. So both. But what does it matter ?Christ was sent that we may stand before our Father that we may once again be in his presence and begin again. " Behold all things are made new through Christ " We no longer have to stand before him as murderers, liars, thieves, adulterers, guilty of all, if guilty of any. That's just how it is and I don't have all the answers. But I do know when to stop asking questions and just believe. Like with the children of Israel, being led from bondage out of Egypt. All they had seen God do for them. And still they went whoring before a golden calf. And we've discussed Gods punishment before. There is no evidence, that men face an eternal torment. There is only a second death to be had. So get that out of your head if you converse with me in the future. That wouldn't be merciful. And it isn't the doctrine that I believe is truth.

And am I telling you these things so you can doubt them ? or because you asked ?
Do you ever use thank you, as a response ?
edit on 8-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I happen to see innocence as a good thing, as opposed to guilt.

Guilt for what?

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join