It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about God

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Seede

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

The definitions of "mercy" and "love" must have changed a hell of a lot while I was asleep...

I mean, any god who finds all of that necessary must be compensating for something. And surely any follower who feels the need to post such vicious things is not a true Christian...
edit on 8-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

edit on Fri Mar 8 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

OP lost the point of it all.

You've chosen the Westernized Exoteric Dogmatic Fundamental view of God, which is 1 tiny relative perspective, and have chosen to run with it as if it is the final be all. WRONG!!!!!

You've failed to discover that there is an exoteric Outer shell to everything (All people, all religions, all philosophy, all Gov't, all etc)

And there is an Esoteric Inner Core, that is true and nothing like the shell a person at first makes it out to be.

Is an apple it's skin? Is an egg it's shell? Is a person their looks? Is a Gov't its cops?

Major Failure.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

Actually, my posts pick at the flaws of the biggest baddest bully on the spiritual playground. Riddick's Lord Marshal of the theology realm. That's why it appears to be a shell - because it is hollow and of very little substance. However, on another level, it is full of the decomposing remains of dozens of ancient cultures which it feasted upon in order to flesh out and give itself an intimidating build. The shell, the mask, is the most sincere side you will ever see of Christianity. The rest of it, everything inside, is the rotting remains of the martyred theologies that were ingested for their truth in place of its own.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I'll tell what's wrong with ppl. They're afraid! They're absolutely terrified of the concept of believing in something they've never seen. Believing in something that they can't touch or smell. Something they can't taste or see. I mean if my wife tells me that our favorite restaurant has a new incredibly good dish that I should try. Okay well until I see that new dish and taste that new dish I'm going to be skeptical of it. And lets say someone has a physical condition that keeps them from walking. And then they go to their doctor and he tells them, oh by the way there is this great new surgery that I can perform on you that will cure you and you'll be walking in no time. He says then that its very dangerous and it could either leave them completely immobile. They won't be able to move not even their head. Or it could just leave them dead. Alright well if I'm that person that can't walk then I'm not going to believe in that surgery or that doctor. So more than likely I'm never going to walk. So basically its the same concept with religion and God. The ppl that don't believe in Him because they have never seen Him or touched Him. So why should they put the effort forth to believe? I mean the only things they have to go on is the bible and the words of other ppl. That's basically it. Its easy to believe in something. But its hard to live for something. I don't judge ppl if they say they don't believe in God because thats just wrong. Jesus died for our sins for a reason. So that we could make our own choices and live our lives the way we want to. God just wants us to believe in Him and live honestly. I mean He don't want us to be wicked ppl. He don't want us committing murders and stealing. Or lying to one another and fighting. He don't want us cheating on our spouses. Those are not things that take a whole lot of effort. He's not asking a whole lot from us. He just wants us to love one another and take care of each other. But that's just not what we see in the world today. Some ppl that do believe in Him have lost their way. So they just have to find Him again. I mean He makes it very simple for us. And then you have ppl that just feel like they don't have the time to believe in Him. That they have better things to do. When really all they have to do is is believe in their heart that He's our one and only God and that He gave His son for our sins. Basically He sacrificed His son for our sins. And the other thing they can do is read their bible if they have one. If they don't then they should get one. I mean they could read it when they lay down to sleep at night. Its very simple and doesn't take alot of effort. I don't know maybe I'm just rambling here, but I can't help myself sometimes. Of course you have all the know it all ppl that won't even read the bible. So I don't believe they have the right to bash God or the ppl that believe in Him. Especially when they don't have the true facts.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Text I mean, any god who finds all of that necessary must be compensating for something. And surely any follower who feels the need to post such vicious things is not a true Christian...

When it comes to God bashing, then I take my gloves off. I have learned through my many years that being nice to these God bashers does not sink into their corrupt minds. I admit that I used a metaphor and to you it seemed very harsh and cruel but believe me it was the only language he understands and he very well knows exactly what I am saying. I could use "Rev 20:15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire." and it would not mean a thing to him. It's something like taking a drunk to church with a bottle in his back pocket and asking God to heal his liver. Just doesn't work like that. This man will have to put some of his own effort into his change because you nor I can do it for him. You don't believe that? Then look at all the stars he has from his audience. That is why I specifically addressed that insult directly to him. But don't be dismayed, the good ole boy will be back at the game before you know it.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Seede

When it comes to God bashing, then I take my gloves off. I have learned through my many years that being nice to these God bashers does not sink into their corrupt minds.

My mind is corrupt? These people worship a politician. An all-powerful being credited with the personality of the average egomaniac. All the emotions, none of the flaws. Does that make sense? I don't think so.

Just doesn't work like that. This man will have to put some of his own effort into his change because you nor I can do it for him.

That's why I say we should be our own gods. We need not rely on anyone other than ourselves. What do you think is meant by the phrase "teach a man to fish, and he will eat for a lifetime"? We can learn to make our own miracles.

It's something like taking a drunk to church with a bottle in his back pocket and asking God to heal his liver. Just doesn't work like that.

I think the more accurate analogy would be a robot asking the scientist not to judge its creations so harshly. The scientist deliberately permitted flaws, deliberately permitted a personality that might choose its own brand of perfection - if the scientist is not satisfied with such potential, then remove such potential and save us the torment of forever serving someone who doesn't care what makes us happy.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

That's why I say we should be our own gods. We need not rely on anyone other than ourselves. What do you think is meant by the phrase "teach a man to fish, and he will eat for a lifetime"? We can learn to make our own miracles.

Your missing the point. The "Teach a man to fish" is ascribed to life skills, not God.

Did you choose to be born, when, where, and to who you were born? DO you choose to breath? Do you know and have power over when you will die, and can choose not to die?

Your already relying on others and have no choice about. You rely on others to hold these discussions, to have food to choose from in your grocery store, for the internet and cell phones to be up and running, for your electric/gas/water to be supplied to your dwelling, etc etc.

And your own miracles won't happen unless you access the spiritual realities that are within you.

Actually, my posts pick at the flaws of the biggest baddest bully on the spiritual playground. Riddick's Lord Marshal of the theology realm. That's why it appears to be a shell - because it is hollow and of very little substance. However, on another level, it is full of the decomposing remains of dozens of ancient cultures which it feasted upon in order to flesh out and give itself an intimidating build. The shell, the mask, is the most sincere side you will ever see of Christianity. The rest of it, everything inside, is the rotting remains of the martyred theologies that were ingested for their truth in place of its own.

If you're tackling the perspective of OT god...... then that's One sided.

If you choose to wrestle with God, your going to have to battle with the Universal Attributes of this, as well as deal with the large number of people who have Accessed and experience this Infinite Beingness.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Your missing the point. The "Teach a man to fish" is ascribed to life skills, not God.

Is problem-solving not a life skill? We ask "God" to solve all of our problems, to fulfill our desires and bring us happiness. If we solve our own problems and fulfill our own desires, then we have utilized our own potential for divinity. Serenity in the face of discord. Our independence is established.

Did you choose to be born, when, where, and to who you were born? DO you choose to breath? Do you know and have power over when you will die, and can choose not to die?

Death has no power over those who have lived a wise life.

I guess cartoons do teach us something.

And your own miracles won't happen unless you access the spiritual realities that are within you.

Where else would you suggest we find our own brand of divinity? It's always inside. That's where we find our imagination, and the courage to dream. This world, a world that Egyptians and Incas would liken to that of a god, was forged in the fires of dreams, from the ore of imagination.

If you're tackling the perspective of OT god...... then that's One sided.

Question ALL the Testaments!

No perspective should be safe from examination. And if I am given reason to examine my own, so be it.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
You all take the Bible stories far too seriously. God is not interested in your beliefs. God is just like a human I.E we were made in his likeness. He just so happens to be the human who made all other humans. He still has the qualities we possess. Can be nice sometimes, can be angry sometimes. Whether you go to heaven or hell (if these places exist) might be determined by what mood God finds himself in that particular day.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Is problem-solving not a life skill? We ask "God" to solve all of our problems, to fulfill our desires and bring us happiness. If we solve our own problems and fulfill our own desires, then we have utilized our own potential for divinity. Serenity in the face of discord. Our independence is established.

No matter how it's done, or what is fulfilled, it's all divine and inherently done within God anyway. We're like fish. Imagine a fish passes another and says, "great water today !!!." And the other fish thinks to himself, "Water? What the heck is water?" Same deal here, but the people are the fish and God is the water.

Death has no power over those who have lived a wise life.

Death has power over everyone and there is no escaping it. Those who lived a wise life are wise enough to comprehend this, and so when death arrives, they heed to it.

Question ALL the Testaments! No perspective should be safe from examination. And if I am given reason to examine my own, so be it.

I agree!!! Question everything, especially yourself and your own positions. I ever cared for OT and found many sections that made me sick to my stomach, so I let that go. However, I have questioned the NT and found wisdom in it, which I put into practice a decade ago, practices which would eventually thrust me into Transcendence and allow me to remember that I have pre-existed prior to being born in a body on the Earth realm, and has given me direct experiential access to the Infinite Source of all things.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Ill never forget what put me off mainstream religion/church

In school they where giving us a talk about HIV/aids and I remember a girl from a church going family saying "Anyone with Aids or cancer is evil and is being punished by god"!!!!
Ive hated bible bashers ever since
Self righteous holier than thou fake purists
Only being supposed good people for the promise of reward!!!!and the fear of hellish punishment!!!
Not from any will to do good at all
NOT GOOD PEOPLE
Brainwashed sick SMALL people

MONTY PYTHOn "Ooooh you are so big, gosh were all really impressed down here"
edit on 9-3-2013 by Anonbeleiver77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

No matter how it's done, or what is fulfilled, it's all divine and inherently done within God anyway. We're like fish. Imagine a fish passes another and says, "great water today !!!." And the other fish thinks to himself, "Water? What the heck is water?" Same deal here, but the people are the fish and God is the water.

Your god is an externalized persona representing something that thrives within all of us. We need look no further than ourselves.

Death has power over everyone and there is no escaping it. Those who lived a wise life are wise enough to comprehend this, and so when death arrives, they heed to it.

If death has power over you, then you have not begun to live.

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” - Mark Twain

Samuel Clemens was a wise man.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Your god is an externalized persona representing something that thrives within all of us. We need look no further than ourselves.

It's not something that I'm externalizing or creating a persona out of. It's merely using language to represent something that is Infinite and omnipresent.

I agree we need to look within to find the link that connects us to this Infinite/Omnipresence. However, for us to think we are God, and use that as justification for all sorts of BS, is itself BS. The correct view from the Infinite One, is Selflessness.

If death has power over you, then you have not begun to live.

Death has Power over everyone, and I have Lived, a very fast live filled with many accomplishments, ...and not slowing down any time soon. Death is a friend. A Pilot to transport me back home. A guest who does not call ahead upon paying a visit.

"The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.” - Mark Twain

I agree. I'm done here. Every extra day I get, is just a bonus

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
reply to post by RomeByFire

Originally posted by RomeByFire
Why is it that when non-believers debate with believers, believers always use verses and scripts from Holy Books as proof? Dude, we don't believe in it.

That's a very good question RomeByFire...

The reason is because it IS in fact proof.

Years ago I had an undeniable supernatural encounter that began simply by opening a Bible.

This experience left me undeniable PROOF that the Bible was a supernatural book.

I was NOT a Christian and I had NO idea what "Christianity" even was at the time.

Why did Jesus to do "Miracles"?

Miracles were His divine credentials.

The power to work miracles PROVED Jesus' deity and that God had in fact sent him.

In the same way, the Bible's ability to see into the future is another form of divine credentials.

The fulfillment of prophecy in the Bible is irrefutable proof that the Bible is in fact divinely inspired.

The laws of probability have proven that the Bible is a supernatural book.

"Perhaps the most compelling of evidences demonstrating that the Bible is the word of God is its unswerving ability to accurately predict future events, often in minute details. Specific prophesies are conspicuously absent from the 26 other religious books that claim to be scripture, including the Muslim's Koran, the Book of Mormon, the Hindu Vedas, and Buddhist writings. This in itself should be a major eye-opener to the honest skeptic. "

Accuracy Of Prophecy

Key word in your post is this: Years ago "I" had an undeniable... etc. See, it's all subjective.

I haven't had any undeniable proof of any God, to put it lightly.

Your perception is not my perception; I am absolutely not condoning you for your beliefs, but I'm a logical man (or at least I'd hope so) and I don't buy the snake oil.

I'm sorry if I sound rash, I'm honestly not meaning any disrespect. Cheers.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by dusty1
reply to post by creativespirit

Wow.
Ground breaking stuff.
Same old rants I've heard a hundred times on ATS.

Ah, but what is old becomes new again. Well, except for gods sending plagues and people rising from being long dead and roaming cities while a god is being crucified. You know, that kind of stuff just doesn't happen anymore.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by creativespirit

So you believe in God enough to write a thread and bash the hell out of him, demonstrating the absolute arrogance,
that by your own admission, got us booted out of paradise. And left with out the guidance of our Heavenly Father only to become beasts of burden, who must toil at the mercy of evil psycho pathetic rulers, who send our young to
die in horrific wars in this wicked world. Mostly because that's what they enjoy.

Gods gonna look at you and everyone who applauded your thread and say, " What a bunch of Bozos ? "

edit on 7-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So by your logic, the Mayflower and Speedwell never should have left England, because independence is evil and we should all cling to daddy's leg for fear of actually using our own wings.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

No, those are your words. Not mine.

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Then what's your point? Disregarding my apparent misinterpretation, what's your point?

posted on Apr, 7 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Basically, I'm equating the relationship of a father and son to mankind's relationship to our Heavenly Father.
And as usual, your wish is to find something negative about it in your self vindicating way, that most of the time makes you look pretty ignorant.
It's in English A.I. is there a certain word you're having trouble with or something ? What do you mean, what is my point ? A child could understand what's being said there ? Does your brain just over complicate the easy stuff or what ? What is there to not understand ?
edit on 7-4-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join