It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about God

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by RadioKnecht

It's funny you should say that. Lately, I've been feeling more and more as though divinity is more a state of mind than anything else. It is an emotional state, not a quality. And godliness is the maintenance of such a state. Of course, the next question is - what is the function of divinity? What exactly are the parameters of such a quality?

Well...if I knew that, would I still be here?

If there is a label for my particular spiritual outlook, I have not yet found it. And something tells me that perhaps I don't need to. All words do is pin the butterfly to the table. A knife through the wing. No longer can it fly, no longer can it do anything but show you how beautiful an idea can be when it's been stuffed and mounted. But no amount of quality taxidermy can ever measure up to the majesty of the bald eagle dancing on the wind. And just like that eagle, that butterfly, ideas are more beautiful when they are not imprisoned by the pitiful languages we have invented to portray them.

A painting, to me, is more beautiful than any words you can think of - because there's no limit to the words you can use for it.

Spirituality should be more like art. Don't just give me an emotion, like handing out hard candies to children. Inspire me to feel all on my own. Make me light my own fire, instead of substituting your own blaze. That's the beauty of spirituality. You don't take your emotions and ideas from other people. You become inspired by that which speaks to you. A painting, a sculpture, a place in the woods, a river, a sunset. Something that strokes your soul and inspires you to sing. It's different with everyone. And that's what makes it a personal journey.

Wow.

You express your ideas in such an elegant and poetic way and I've starred you for that. Thanks.

I think we're just giving different names to the same thing. To me, feelings are precisely expressions of my soul exercising its muscles.

It's evident you have a very rich inner life. There's no way you can err if you listen to the dictum of your heart.

Take care. Take care. Take care.
edit on 5-3-2013 by RadioKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The simplistic summaries you have made about a 2000 year old belief system indicates a sense of personal anguish and resentment that could of been stated in a more professional manner.

By your choice of words and descriptions I can figure for myself that you are still young and confused about this monumental task of finding truth and comfort in things that are not as much of relevance in fact than they are of in perspective.

All I would like to ask you from the bottom of my heart is to consider the premise of divinity. That this divinity is a somewhat metaphorical implication of what humanity is striving towards. We live in a paradoxical world my friend. There is allot of pain and anger in the mist of existence because inherently we all want to be loved and cared for but we experience a manifestation of a different caliber amongst our somewhat turbulent lives.

Why? you may ask. Well considering the fact that the majority of humanity place their personal wants and needs over others you may begin to paint a picture of why the scale is unbalanced. Should we not try to understand and respect that others may also want a sense of security and belonging in a world so full of confusion and distractions.

How can we ever expect a a right of passage into peace and equality when all we do is argue about our personal beliefs overlooking the similarities of our race as a whole. Do you want respect for your opinion towards the principles of your spirituality? If so I urge you to broaden your understanding of the human psyche and why some need some personal surety that explains the capability of both unspeakable violence and of unquestionable compassion that our species share.

Understand that feeling is more powerful than words and by feeling that you may judge what feels right and what feels wrong, we all share that splendid gift. It never feels right to harm another being yet it feels right to help one in need.

What I believe to be of notable importance is not so much the relevance of morality from a source of creation above but by that which is created within in us all. The ability to feel.

DO NOT TAKE IT FOR GRANTED AS I SPEAK WITH EXPERIENCE AND IT WAS BY THE GRACE OF FORGIVENESS BY PEOPLE WHOM LOVED ME UNCONDITIONALLY THAT I WAS GIVEN A SECOND CHANCE OF LIFE AND SELF DISCOVERY.

Good things and good luck

edit on 5-3-2013 by FreeThinkerbychoice because: spelling booboo

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
He still loves you. Remember God does not force you to believe in him. Free will is a dangerous weapon, be careful how you use it.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I MISS ZEUS

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanDanIlluminatiMan
I MISS ZEUS

So you really don't mind the occasional Lightning bolt being spiked at you?

edit on 5-3-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Dude chill. You are all worked up over nothing. Your first line sums it all up for you. If you believe in God then you know he is no monster. If you don't believe then again he is no monster. Don't worry about the bible and scriptures. You don't understand them anyway...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by creativespirit

That is not God that is just your own idea of who (or what) God is. An idea that is conditioned by society, but still just an idea. You can never know for sure anything about God, specially not from other's people opinions or from some fables from thousands of years ago.

Why do we believe people from thousands of years ago would know more about God than us anyways? I thought we're supossed to be more intelligent and mentally evolved.

edit on 5-3-2013 by omarm1984 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Yeah. F**k God. He made a mess of this sh**t. Why did he go to the trouble anyway, and he should have had a better plan.

Maybe God didn't create us. Maybe we created Him. Maybe in our faulty ego infused existence we needed an omnipotent being creating his masterpiece. Us. Ain't we special?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by creativespirit

I'm convinced that Genesis 3 of the bible is an alien abduction story. The giveaway is how they both seem to get back all of this forgotten knowledge of embarrasment after eating from the tree of knowledge. There is no way they could have grown into embarrasment, it was pre lived. Of course laying them down to sleep is classic alien powers as well.

No he wasn't a nice guy. I'm also convinced that each and ever one of his punishments is programmed into our DNA.
This guy explains it the best...

Human genetics Lloyd Pye

There is NO WAY we can have the absurd amount of defects that we have, from natural causes. It proves that someone tampered with our genetics, possibly someone playing god.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I just sprayed X-14 on my shower head and now my arm itches. Wow that smarts. I just bought a stained glass image of a Christian Cross with a dove of peace flying in foreground. Surrounded by cobalt blue glass. It's just beautiful. I hung it on the wall so when I am sitting on my shame, I see hope. Agree with everything you say. It's a frustrating mess. I see the lying liers and the lies they tell (politicians) and well let's just say our human story is just as bad as the Bible is confusing. I have the feeling that there is a wonderful God that does wish us all well. But I doubt that we will become aware of it in our lifetimes. I envy those who have simple faith. Those people that have simple families and drooling children. I feel that I am like Neo in the Matrix. There must be something more real that is eluding me. Always I watch and judge, suspiciously weighing the evidence at hand and my life passes by. Best wishes to you dude. Hope you find peace. I could say its all # but I instead just think that I am not seeing something that I hope is there.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
People, you really should stop flagging this thread, there's nothing valuable in it for anyone to read, it was just my rant. I don't want to distract you from more important subjects.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

It's evident you have a very rich inner life. There's no way you can err if you listen to the dictum of your heart.

Why thank you. I do try.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
"GAD" is the ancient Semitic Deity of Fortune.

He's the spiteful one that if you cross him he'll come down on you. Do good for him and you get rewarded.

Prior to 1610 the English word "God" did not exist. Ole King James was having money and power problems and got everyone to pray to the Jewish deity "Gad" when he created the new English word "GOD".

The old Hebrew pronunciation of the Deity of Fortune "GAD" sounds exactly like the new English word "GOD"

It worked for King James.

Prior to 1610 all English speaking people prayed to a different Deity. YHWH.

He's the one that ordered everyone to call him YHWH. Only the Jewish people on Earth and 2 small Christian Churches pray to YHWH today.

Everyone else is still praying to the egotistical, vendetta driven Deity. When King James created the new English word "God" in 1610 before Parliament he ALSO ordered everyone to recognize HIM as a Deity was well.

How many Christians today who are praying to King James Deity are also praying to King James???

ZERO. Christians don't even know the origins nor care to spend the 15 minutes to pick up a book to look it up.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

You sir are awesome and I liked your posts in this thread very much. Thanks for making sense.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DanDanIlluminatiMan

I MISS ZEUS

Zeus is one of the models on which the modern Judaic god is based. Not to mention Ra, Odin, and numerous other non-Judaic deities.
edit on 6-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

Originally posted by Pervius
Prior to 1610 the English word "God" did not exist. Ole King James was having money and power problems and got everyone to pray to the Jewish deity "Gad" when he created the new English word "GOD".

You do realize that English is a "new" language compared to German, right? In German the word for God is Gott (pronounced similar to goat), and that is where the English word came from. English is a Germanic language with heavy Latin/French influence.

Now as for Christians and Jews praying to "Yahweh", Yahweh is the destructive entity in the bible (old testament). He was also a god in the ancient Canaanite pantheon as "The god of War".

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

No, no, no. The word "God" has nothing to do with his original name according to te scriptures. The word "God" was accepted as part of an attempt to prevent his name from ever being taken in vain. The name is actually "Tetragammaton," which can be further interpreted as "four sided force of gravity."

A gravitational pyramid.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
god is a word for universal use and in no way indicates who god is..he was always known by a name..some would have you believe that it should never be uttered in public...i take it we are talking about the hebrew deity...as there are many so called gods....as in the Moffat translation of the bible he is called the Eternal..probably fits the scriptual idea anyway..as far as the truth goes i would guess that each one of us has a different idea about him and the message conveyed in the scriptures..... would it really matter how we see him..as long as we are at peace with our spiritual side and dont want to hate or kill others who have other opposing views

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Innocent people/children with cancer etc
Innocent children starving to death
More slaves in the world now than ever (fact)
More and more child molesters the clergy full of them
Heavy Drug use is rampant in teenagers in all first world countries and under reported
The climate change tipping point has been passed and the run away effect begun and no one cares or is really doing anything about it
Sodom and Gamorah would fit quite easily into any major city on earth

I may be struck by lightning or turned to salt for saying this but...
If he's up there he either isn't watching, doesn't care, is a major sadist, thinks we deserve this or is so disgusted in his creation he's forsaken us and moved onto creation 2.0'

you can say free will blah blah but would you really let your kids run rampant with explosives in the backyard?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join