It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about God

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by creativespirit

Your post is nothing more than a rant. There is no research or proof or any real conspiracy just your opinion. If you did even a little research you would find out things that could change your viewpoint of the entire scenerio. With just a little research you should find enough evidence to entertain at least the possibility that God had nothing to do with us becoming self aware it was a choice and an intervention by what the Hebrew called the "Nacash" which means "upright shining creature" or upright shining serpent like creature. But of course you go and blame the Creator. Did God have the foreknowledge of this? Yes I would say so that he exists outside of time itself anyway and can see how it all works out in the end and I personally believe it is going to all work towards the better. Also in your post you mention other little tidbits that if you did the research on it you could find lot's of other possibilities other than your biased extreme view.

Look I don't subscribe to organized religion either. I don't believe in hell that was invented at the rise of the Catholic Church were we got the bible in the first place. But ask a modern day Charismatic about Catholics and they are like they are not even believers, it's sad...I also believe that modern day churches are basically a waste of time other than the "emergency room" effect they have for the people that are really hurting and just need to be loved on and accepted, it's part of a healing process to come to a place of worship and go through all the religion but it's not mandatory to do these things. It's more for the person. Any how I digress big time so back to it.. yea there is just a many thing I believe you have completely missed because your getting burned by religion and not real relationship with a creator of Love and Life . Tell you what go on over to tentmaker.org and do some studying and be free of religion and embrace truth.

Any how I understand where you coming from. On the surface it sure looks like what your trying to state in your OP. But it's just that a surface look at it all. I suggest that you do some really rigid research and start looking at it all with a scientific mind and understand it in a totally different light.

edit on 3/4/2013 by firegoggles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Do you imply that religious people are "dead" because they have belief in a higher power?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Northwarden

Do you imply that religious people are "dead" because they have belief in a higher power?

Did you bother clicking the Thomas Paine link? That should answer your question.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

You are throwing some VERY dangerous advice out there that is only going to steer others in the wrong direction.

You said there is no real conspiracy.

There is a MASSIVE conspiracy surrounding religion.

This is the very REASON the OP has been lied to and deceived.

Satan is hiding behind religion and has infiltrated every mainline denomination.

He masquerades as God using a robe of religion in order to turn people AWAY from the truth and away from God.

This is why the very LAST place you want to go to find the truth is religion itself...

Religion is nothing BUT lies which is the reason I warned the OP about the Krishna cult.

The Catholics had nothing to do with "inventing" hell.

The Roman cult that masquarades as a "religion" HATES the truth and hates God.

You recommended tentmaker.org.

Gary Amirault who is behind Tentmaker is JUST as deceived as the Hare Krishna cult the OP is interested in.

Amirault twists scripture and teaches heresy such as universalism that says everyone will go to heaven.

Gary Amirault (Tentmaker.org) gets the infamous Skull and Crossbones Award for his dangerous teachings. He spreads his beloved doctrine and heresy of Universalism (everyone will be saved) as Christian truth. That teaching is also known as the Doctrine of Inclusion, Ultimate Reconciliation, Universal Salvation, Universal Redemption or Universal Restoration. Gary Amirault propagates this false doctrine primarily by:

● presenting partial truths as the whole truth

● citing something instead of the Scriptures for evidence —namely the ante Nicene fathers, who believed in Universalism (giving the false impression they all believed the same way, which they didn’t)

● distorting the few Scriptures and not comparing them to other related Scriptures

● misapplying God’s love while overlooking His justice and righteousness

● wrongly thinking God’s will in salvation is always done among man

Gary Amirault (and all others like him) have to distort, deny, contradict and/or avoid all those Scriptures to embrace the dangerous doctrine that all will go to heaven because Jesus died for everyone.

■ WARNING: Gary Amirault is not correctly handling the Scriptures and, therefore, is spreading a fine-sounding lie (and heresy) as God’s truth to the eternal and spiritual detriment of all those who believe it.

www.evangelicaloutreach.org...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by firegoggles

I know. This is rant, but only from my Christian perspective. I know things are not like that in general, but according to Bible as something people put their faith in. God of the Bible is not even one true Creator and living spirit of everything. Creator is real and there is no duality in his existance. Yahweh or whatever his name is something completely different. True Creator knows it is real and we are proof of his very existance, but god of the Bible could only be some sort of perverted result of true creation. Like this whole planet is at this point.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I'm very sorry that people are so much lied to. It's true there's massive conspiracy surrounding religion from ancient times. It seems there's no way to fix the ways people think anymore, constant search for salvation only outside of ourselves is doing exactly the opposite, it's creating duality in our perception of existance, but truth is within and without you, it's like, complete, that # is real, not Bible.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Hahah, good sir I applaud the post and enjoyed the thread greatly!

Most people who confide in a religion seem to get personally insulted at any moment when someone isn't tip-toeing around their beliefs and appeasing their opinion. This blunt honesty regarding God's omnipotence and omniscience simply can't be ignored, there are some serious plot holes when it comes to these fables.

But I guess "God just works in mysterious ways," right?

Fantastic voice OP.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

I have an honest question for you man.

Why is it that when non-believers debate with believers, believers always use verses and scripts from Holy Books as proof? Dude, we don't believe in it. It's a subjective piece of writing anyway, your interpretation is not the 'ultimate truth' nor is mine, nor is anyone's.

It makes no sense to use a book that's not very credible as a basis for these arguments. Especially against people who choose not to believe in ancient story books.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RomeByFire

Originally posted by RomeByFire
Why is it that when non-believers debate with believers, believers always use verses and scripts from Holy Books as proof? Dude, we don't believe in it.

That's a very good question RomeByFire...

The reason is because it IS in fact proof.

Years ago I had an undeniable supernatural encounter that began simply by opening a Bible.

This experience left me undeniable PROOF that the Bible was a supernatural book.

I was NOT a Christian and I had NO idea what "Christianity" even was at the time.

Why did Jesus to do "Miracles"?

Miracles were His divine credentials.

The power to work miracles PROVED Jesus' deity and that God had in fact sent him.

In the same way, the Bible's ability to see into the future is another form of divine credentials.

The fulfillment of prophecy in the Bible is irrefutable proof that the Bible is in fact divinely inspired.

The laws of probability have proven that the Bible is a supernatural book.

"Perhaps the most compelling of evidences demonstrating that the Bible is the word of God is its unswerving ability to accurately predict future events, often in minute details. Specific prophesies are conspicuously absent from the 26 other religious books that claim to be scripture, including the Muslim's Koran, the Book of Mormon, the Hindu Vedas, and Buddhist writings. This in itself should be a major eye-opener to the honest skeptic. "

Accuracy Of Prophecy

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

That's a very good question RomeByFire...

The reason is because it IS in fact proof.

Years ago I had an undeniable supernatural encounter that began simply by opening a Bible.

This experience left me undeniable PROOF that the Bible was a supernatural book.

I was NOT a Christian and I had NO idea what "Christianity" even was at the time.

Subjective experience does not constitute proof. If anything, it suggests a certain gullibility on your part. Those impressions can probably be recreated by a variety of chemicals.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

What a lump of rock does all this

once you've got over your self you will understand that all religions are based on the Worship of Saturn

of course you can just choose to ignore this and carry on being brainwashed. doesn't the government/elites do a good job of controlling your mind
edit on 4-3-2013 by jinni73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Which God are you referring to?

There are many gods...

Not according to Abrahamic religions.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrperplexed

Originally posted by Akragon

Which God are you referring to?

There are many gods...

Not according to Abrahamic religions.

That's wrong actually...

According to them there is one true God, but still lesser gods exist...

do a quick search on the Gods of the bible.... trust me there are many

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Looks like you have only a couple of choices.

The God of the bible is real and you don't agree with him because of all the bad stuff that happened.

Isaiah 45:7 I form the light and create darkness, I bring prosperity and create disaster; I, the LORD, do all these things.

The interesting thing is God admits that everything that has ever happened good or bad was his doing. That by his will everything happens.

The God of the bible is false and the fact that good and bad happens means we have free will and sometimes we exercise that will against others and as a consequence of free will God lets this stuff happen.

There is no God that is just silly if you ask me. No God, but yet I'm made up of 100 trillion little machines that technically never touch but somehow form a solid living human being. Then add intelligence, thought and emotions. No God, common really? How about we just say agnostic leaning towards a God that's not presently with his creation.

If you believe that all things have happened according to God's will and you can accept that the bad must be something that has value. Even if the value is not understood. The same God that claims that he makes all things happen also promises an eternity that will be much different than this. Accept that some things that we see, hear, and feel don't make since but that God's plan is perfect.

If you can't accept that God is in control than you are left with no way out. You believe that you are powerless to make a change. But I believe that I can make a change because the God of the bible said that anything I ask for in love I will receive.

Well I have asked God to make this world a better place for my daughter and I fully expect him to fulfill his promise. It is only faith in the love of God that allows me to believe in such a fairy tale. Love and peace on earth for my daughter, maybe I am crazy but I expect a miracle and God knows I will serve him in any way he asks to help make this miracle come true.

So you can give up on God or you can choose to love despite what you see. Either way trust God or give up on God you can choose to love. Help me make my prayer come true. Do your part; choose love and peace as a way of life. Maybe if enough of us choose love and peace God will listen and give us what we pursue.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The most puzzling thing about the whole god story is that in the old testament there wasn`t forgiveness or second chances for any mistake. adam and eve made a mistake and BOOM kicked out of the garden. lots wife made a mistake and BOOM turned to salt. In the new testament that same god is all about preaching forgivness,love and not judging.Maybe god should read the new testament he might learn something and start leading by example and stop destroying everything that makes one little mistake.

The biggest mystery of all is before there even was a satan, who tempted the angels to rebel against god and how did he/it even get into heaven since sinners and evil can`t go to heaven?
After lucifer and the other angels got kicked out of heaven and he became mr evil satan what happened to the original mr evil who tempted them to rebel?
edit on 5-3-2013 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The whole purpose of God creating the Universe and creating all living things including Humanity is evolution. The Divine Plan, which is nothing but common sense, was and still is to allow all living things, perhaps especially Humanity to evolve to a state of intelligence that we are able to create our own Heaven on Earth by free will.
That is why God "allows" these horrible events to occurr and people to cause terror towards each other until we are on the brink of extinction and then, and only then, if God so chooses will he intervene and save a few of Humanity and give us a second chance. We create Hell and we create Heaven and will not be allowed to even peak through the gates of Eternal Heaven until we have proven ourselves to be worthy of it. That means to create paradise, appreciate life and existence and establish harmony through peace and understanding of the Universe.

It is our choice whether or not we allow our own destruction or not. God does take pity and show mercy upon Humanity and has proven to do so over and over again. The greatest gift and blessing, any just God and creator could give his/her creation is free will and consciousness; otherwise God would be unfair.

Use that gift you have been blessed with and practice thinking by the gift of conciousness.
That's the whole point of you being alive in the first place. To evolve.

Never ever allow anyone to propose that you think too much. That is the purpose of being intelligent and sentient.

Give thanks to life, existence, consciousness or God. You may call it what you wish but you do not dismiss you own existence, do you?
edit on 5-3-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Now, read your post and think about it with your heart. Does that sound like something that the God would do? It's all hogwash, and in your heart you know it. God is nothing more than everything. You are a piece of God. We all are. I wouldn't imagine it as separate because this is where this unnatural worship and thought that it is something greater than yourself comes from in man's feeble attempt to understand it. The original "religion," was nothing more than remembrance and awe of who we really are. Ignorance, long spoken tradition, and corruption have given God the image it has today. This is nothing like what our original understanding was. If I may, think of it as the Source. A single thing that we all stem from. We are like little pieces, feeling separate, but only for a short while to experience what we are experiencing, and for a purpose.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Well I have asked God to make this world a better place for my daughter and I fully expect him to fulfill his promise. It is only faith in the love of God that allows me to believe in such a fairy tale. Love and peace on earth for my daughter, maybe I am crazy but I expect a miracle and God knows I will serve him in any way he asks to help make this miracle come true.

I have some bad news for you...

Just because you believe in something, doesn't make it true. It just means you're really good at lying to yourself. Like I keep saying - faith is short hand for "I have these particular reasons for lying to myself which I consider to be very good, and your reasons for being honest with myself are not good enough."

I compare it to someone standing on a ledge 50 feet off the ground. If you sit there and explain the laws of physics to them, you're just reminding them of why they closed their eyes in the first place. The world is too terrifying for some people to be in without some kind of guaranteed safety net. But sometimes, that safety net prevents them from believing in themselves to the point that they are no longer their own masters. They give control of their life to a figment of their imagination, to that safety net.

I want to be my own master. It's my life, so I should be at the helm. If I need a god to steer, I will be that god. Sure, I need help sometimes, but I will always be there to take control if I feel the need to. I will never, ever give up the command center. But some people don't trust themselves that much. They need to be mastered, because they are insecure.

If you don't trust yourself to give your child the life you feel she deserves, then why did you have a child? Never mind, don't answer that question. My point is, get yourself a nice big pair of kahonas and TAKE CONTROL. You are your own master. Believe it. Know it. Do it.

You are the god of your own little universe inside your head. It's your life, no one else's. Take responsibility.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Hello creativespirit.

Although I completely disagree on your take of God, from a strictly humanist perspective you might be right on your perspective of God being a sadist...it's such a burden to realize how faith and reason are usually at odds.

Have you read Jose Saramago's (nobel literature prize in 1998) "Cain"? If you haven't, please do. I am sure you will love it. It basically deals with everything you say in your thread. In the book, Cain is punished with banishment and immortality for his sin of murdering Abel, and witnesses all the murders and genocides allegedly perpetrated by God -as accounted in the Old Testament- against his creation.

Link that with Saramago's "The Gospel According to Christ" and God's sadistic tendencies become complete.

What I believe is that -as happens with everything related to humans-, how your perceive God is also a choice. For me, he is a loving Father. I choose him to be. Indeed, God is what I make him to be. And my own existential experience in this world has been determined by this perspective.

I wish you the best of lucks in your personal journey.
edit on 5-3-2013 by RadioKnecht because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RadioKnecht

Although I completely disagree on your take of God, from a strictly humanist perspective you might be right on your perspective of God being a sadist...it's such a burden to realize how faith and reason are usually at odds.

Again...faith is what you rely on when reason scares you too much. Faith is what gives you strength to carry on when otherwise, you wouldn't have the balls to stand up in the morning.

Unfortunately, while faith gives you the will to live, reason gives you the skill.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join