It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about God

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by creativespirit
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

At first I was like okay, this still makes SOME sense, then I was like alright mom and dad, # this #, I'm going Hare Krishna. No more Church, no more prayers before meal, the whole deal is off. It makes much more sense than any religion I've ever seen before here in Oklahoma and you can go # yourself if you don't like it. Now I'm doing what I see fit, I've read so much about Krishna and I feel happy, that's what life is about after all, live in the moment and that's the motto.

It sounds to me like you may be holding something against your mom and dad. So many people make the sad mistake of blaming God for their problems, when they should be turning to Him to take care of their problems.

I'll be praying for you, creativespirit. The Holy Spirit can soften anybody, no matter how much they hate the Lord. He did the same thing for Paul, who actually helped murder many of the early Christians before his eyes and heart were opened (after being blinded, coincidentally).

Right now is just as good as any time to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. He loves you, He died for all of us, and He wants you to accept the wonderful gift He so lovingly gave to every single person.

By the way, God did not make Pharaoh's heart harden. It was the thought of a loving, caring God that made Pharaoh's heart harden. Kind of like if someone says, "My friend made me so mad today." Their friend did not go into that person's brain and physically manipulate the chemicals and neurons or whatever to cause that person to become angry.

If you think you're happy now, just wait until you have the love and peace of the Lord Jesus in your heart.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
reply to post by Lionhearte

Sooo, you're saying that they needed to learn how to defy authority? That this god wanted them to defy his authority? Well, hell, I do that all the time!

That was the first step. The second, choose between right and wrong. He has set before us commandments, statutes, and laws. Do you follow them?

It's been over 5,000 years of this breeding of perfection. Lemme tell ya, it ain't workin'.

We ain't finished yet. The next thousand years will perfect us. As Christ said, in Matthew 5:18 - I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

At the end of the millennial reign, heaven and earth pass away. By logical deduction, we can assume by then we will have "got it through our heads."

Yeah, it makes sense in a kind of twisted, psychotic...PFFF! No it doesn't! Not even in a demented way. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Mark 4:11-12 -

He (Christ) told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables so that, "'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving, and ever hearing but never understanding; otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'"

2 Peter 3:3-4 -

First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation."

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by creativespirit

HAHA! Loved it. But you forgot about the part 1/3 of his subjects rebel against his loving nature, and he sends them right where he put Adam and Eve!

But that's not all! These rebellious ones are able to rape and get earth girls pregnant with evil giants!

HAHA! Talk about a loving "father" type god? Uh, no.

reply to post by Lionhearte

That's a very imaginative, apologetic too, but totally a non-Biblical explanation!

There just wasn't room in the garden for any more "knows right from wrong" folks.

And what if it was Adam, man, who rebelled in that garden? What if it was Adam who had been created perfect and it was iniquity that was found in him - not some silly man made doctrine of fallen angels?. What if it was Adam's brightness and pride? Look around you - this world is heading for a showdown between it's rejection and rebellion to its Creator and that Creator Himself. Why? The mystery of iniquity.

Scripture states what you see in reality today - it is man who rejects His Creator. It is man, like the OP, that prefers to slander His Creator's character instead of his own fallen state. It is man that prefers the good tiding messages of peace and love that do not tell him that the problem IS MAN. It is man's pride and arrogance before a Holy God that causes him to assign horrendous and beast-like qualities to His Creator instead of looking in the mirror and understanding that it is he making God in his own image and likeness.

Man was "kicked out" of the Garden of Eden to prevent him from taking from the Tree of Life .

"He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.” Genesis 3:22

In the OP's human pride and arrogance, he rejects His Creator's gift to man - taking from that Tree of Life and eating, and living forever. Jesus Christ is that Way, but prophetically, the world rejected him for the old son, fallen man. How utterly tragic is it that man cannot see that he is the beast? Pilate told the crowds "Behold the man", and having been swayed, the crowds just shouted "Crucify Him". Jesus Christ restored everything that Adam lost, and died to save His brothers whilst they were still sinners. He was his brother's keeper. Unlike Cain, of that wicked one, who killed his brother because his works were righteous.

Our Creator created Adam who fell due to his own iniquity. There is an upcoming end to Adamic man because the new creation, those in Jesus Christ, have been gathered.. For 2,000 years the wicked ones have been held at bay - the penis worshippers, the child sacrificers, the pyramid builders, the barbarians and the hedonistic heathens who can think no higher than worshipping man and created things as "god" - in order to bring salvation to His nations through the allowed preaching of His good news. We can therefore see today their return which signals our imminent judgement and the close of this age of humanity. Next time you see that pyramid, look at media exalting beauty and wealth, or notice the hundreds here on ATS alone claiming that they are actually "immortal and divine", please try to understand that that is what Our Creator held back through the presence of His Spirit here on Earth. But as man rejects it, darkness comes flooding right back in because the Light is being rejected for that very darkness. That darkness is not their brother's keeper. Like Cain they target the righteous, the innocent and the helpless. Murder of the unborn, euthanasia for the elderly, hatred of the poor, disdain for the ugly, disdain for the "less intellectual"....so whilst you may clap and cheer this OP, I experience sadness that very few can actually see what they are rejecting and consequently, what they are accepting as their future. Just as in the days of Noah. I know why the flood came, and I wish that man could as well.

The OP is allowed to view His Creator any which way he pleases. But what he doesn't understand is that he is merely transferring his own qualities, his own image and likeness, to a Creator God who is none of those things. This is how scripture is written - you are allowed to see what you want to see. The OP finds it easier to assign beast qualities to His Creator rather than humble his arrogant pride and realise that it he that is beast-like.

Old creation v. New Creation. Scripture is clear that the old creation has an end. It serves itself and it's own will which are polar opposites to the purpose and will of it's Creator.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
"You keep praying for a miracle to appear as if you cannot perceive it so let me ask you this for the sake of all that is and life itself; you are indeed praying, are you not?", said the insightful blind man to the hawk eyed student and left him there to see.

Free will. Conscious evolution. The idea of reality is the idea. Until Humanity is able to create paradise for herself and maintain it, why should we be given such privilege if we are only going to ruin it because we cannot appreciate its existence in the end?

I agree to some extent however and that is why I do not follow any religion but I acknowledge creation and live by the theory that if there was no consciousness to experience the existence of existence then existence would indeed not exist. In other words, I believe in a universal consciousness of which we are the thoughts and that is God to me, the Creator, Alpha and Omega, existence itself.
But, one can appreciate parts of religion for its wisdom and think for oneself in the rest. Isn't that the beauty of our conscious free will?
edit on 4-3-2013 by ABeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

All that ?
And that isn't even the worst of it. Wait til you find out what a horrible judgment call you just made.
I can't believe this guy. Throws a major gripe, fit, rant tantrum at Christians, God, Jesus and the Bible. Then storms off in his stiletto's to become a Krishna. I mean why all the drama OP ?

So your opinion is better than his? Because I don't see any evidence on your part. Whereas the OP just provided an entire list of crimes against humanity, perpetrated by the head cheese himself.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by creativespirit

I have some friendly advice for you......let go of the horse-s#@t ideas your clinging to and embrace another idea...like maybe just maybe all this crap is made up by world leaders,merchants,peddlers and thieves.Maybe try with embracing the real physical world first.As far as to spout off and be disrespectful to other peoples belief systems just makes you look contrived and desperate.No offense intended...it's just i get really vexed when i see someone using their personal opinion as common fact or universal law.

edit on 4-3-2013 by Onewhoknowsjesus because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2013 by Onewhoknowsjesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

It sounds to me like you may be holding something against your mom and dad. So many people make the sad mistake of blaming God for their problems, when they should be turning to Him to take care of their problems.

Yeah? Sounds like you give him credit for what everyone else does for you. I give credit where it's due. The day he comes down from his bloody throne and gives me some life counseling, that's the day I'll give him credit. But I gotta tell ya, he's stacking up huge debt in child support.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

And what if it was Adam, man, who rebelled in that garden? What if it was Adam who had been created perfect and it was iniquity that was found in him - not some silly man made doctrine of fallen angels?. What if it was Adam's brightness and pride? Look around you - this world is heading for a showdown between it's rejection and rebellion to its Creator and that Creator Himself. Why? The mystery of iniquity.

No fallen angels? No divine rebellion in heaven? Adam is Satan! Imaginative and apologetic as that is, it's not what the Bible says.

As much as this topic vexes some Christians, fallen angels, nephilim, demonology is very much a part of story.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Ephesians 6:12

Perhaps this so called creator isn't the one interested in our evolution after all.

Man was "kicked out" of the Garden of Eden to prevent him from taking from the Tree of Life .

"He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

Interesting that you left out God's reasoning for making sure that Adam and Eve shouldn't live forever.

22 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

It doesn't say "now man, in his false pride, THINKS he is one of us". These guys were jealous that man had become LIKE THEM, and the only way to stop mankind from evolving was to make sure they died and to kill them.

Genesis 3:22 In the OP's human pride and arrogance, he rejects His Creator's gift to man - taking from that Tree of Life and eating, and living forever. Jesus Christ is that Way, but prophetically, the world rejected him for the old son, fallen man. How utterly tragic is it that man cannot see that he is the beast?

Didn't God give man dominion over the beasts?

Didn't Jesus echo the serpents promise, "You surely will not die?"

Truly, truly, I say to you, He that hears my word, and believes on him that sent me, has everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death to life.

Perhaps Jesus was the serpent all along?!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Because I don't see any evidence on your part.

I guess I just don't see how proof is going to matter much. When it's all said and done, proof and evidence won't mean squawt in the face of truth.
edit on 4-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I guess I just don't see how proof is going to matter much.

I guess proof wouldn't matter much to someone who isn't concerned with the truth.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

I don't think truth is in any way joined at the hip with evidence and proof. Evidence and proof can tell the biggest lies of all.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Onewhoknowsjesus

As far as to spout off and be disrespectful to other peoples belief systems just makes you look contrived and desperate.No offense intended...it's just i get really vexed when i see someone using their personal opinion as common fact or universal law.

As far as I can tell, you're "vexed" because CreativeSpirit's logic makes more sense than your beliefs and everyone knows it. Now, if you want to defend your beliefs with logic and rationality, we're all willing to listen. So far, I don't see you doing that though.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Vexed about what ? No I'm actually very comfortable with my views and reply.

everyone knows it.

Am I supposed to get stage fright at this point or something.?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Vexed about what ? No I'm actually very comfortable with my views and reply.

That post was not addressed to you. Read more carefully next time.
edit on 4-3-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Well Ok ! But it's not like i shouldn't expect it to be to myself ? Always pick'n on me !

I apologize my bad.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't think truth is in any way joined at the hip with evidence and proof. Evidence and proof can tell the biggest lies of all.

Is that so? Well then, I guess we might as well settle on the most convenient lie we can find, eh? Oh wait, you've already done that...and I can see how it's affected your processes. Yikes. No thanks.

I happen to believe the truth is worth fighting to find. After all, you have to fight to find it before you can fight to keep it. You've put the cart before the horse there, Charlie.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Ya way to go ! You managed to call attention to the obvious once again. The fact that we don't see eye to eye isn't a point of interest to anyone A. I.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
ATS'ers are getting tired of religious threads because they are getting tired of watching the dead stay dead, no matter how much medicine is administered (a quick nod to Thomas Paine ) and they want to get on with the world events instead of beating the same dead horse hoping to get a last ride out of it and maybe get to the palace of magical answers.

Really, I can't say I blame them.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I gotta be honest, I'm pretty burned out on it myself right now.
Might account for my weak enthusiasm as of late.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I gotta be honest, I'm pretty burned out on it myself right now.
Might account for my weak enthusiasm as of late.

Yeah, it's all a rehash of a rehash of a repost of a repost now. It's just recycled quiffs and arguments. I mean, I support what this thread is saying, but...giving medicine to a dead body and all that...there's no use debating it unless some serious new evidence surfaces. If it is a conspiracy, that will never happen. If it isn't, then it might happen. Until then...it's a moot deal.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join