It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about God

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
God is a monster worse than any human could theoretically be.

He creates existence (supposedly) out of love, picks one piece of his creation to love more than everything else, makes it in his own image (humans are a self-centered and arrogant lot), sticks it in a perfect place (while forgetting to make it a mate after he makes males and females of everything else, lol), and then puts the ONE THING that he did not want them touching right smack in the middle of the garden, with only a "No touchie" to ensure they won't, when they have no idea why they shouldn't because God didn't bother making them know what good and evil is (and maybe make them so that they wouldn't choose evil? Already found a flaw in your design, oh perfect one).

Then one day God's off doing something, and his sworn enemy, his only rival, his former second-in-command, Lucifer saunters into the garden and tells the humans "Nah, it's all gravy, eat the figs and you'll become smart like God" (great job on the security, God, did you think Lucifer wouldn't take advantage of you dicking around on Skype or whatever the hell it was you were doing?). They eat, God wanders back in and finds out, and his reaction? He curses ALL OF #ING CREATION to punish TWO HUMANS AND ALL OF THEIR DESCENDANTS. Every single human born since would be tainted with the original sin, despite not having had anything to do with it, in the most extreme example of "Sins of the father" ever.

A little later, God's so emo about a few thousand humans not being like he wanted that he decides to COMPLETELY DESTROY EVERYTHING HE EVER CREATED, for he was sorry that he made it. Yes, this all-loving and all-compassionate God says "# this #, it's all going bye-bye, I can't stand what these puny humans are doing" instead of, you know, using his infinite power and love to just make them all good and kowtow to him. But he finds one guy who like him, so he only destroys nearly all life on Earth. AND IT DIDN'T ACCOMPLISH A DAMN THING.

Fade to a little later, and God wants his "chosen people" to be free from slavery (something archaeologists have shown never happened to the Israelites during that time), so he sends Moses to threaten Pharaoh. After a few plagues, Pharaoh decides that yeah, he's gonna let them go. Then GOD HARDENS PHARAOH'S HEART SO HE WOULDN'T RELEASE THE ISRAELITES. You read right, God intentionally made Pharaoh keep them so he could continue to heap more and worse plagues on Egypt. Pharaoh several times wants desperately to let them go, but God isn't done trolling and keeps it up until he slays all the first-born children (who had nothing to do with the slavery thing). THEN God lets Pharaoh let them go, and then IMMEDIATELY makes him change his mind so he would sens his troops to be drowned.

Oh, and those Israelites? God later slaughtered half of them because they made a gold cow. Didn't you just spend ten plagues and a load of asshole points saving them?

And there's the time God demanded an old man who worshiped him without question to sacrifice his only son as a test of loyalty, God #ed up Job's life on a bet with Lucifer, murdered a bunch of children for calling a guy "Baldy", annihilated two cities for not being very hospitable, and told his followers to either convert everyone they met or destroy them if they refused.

And it all culminates in God's extremely convoluted and pointless decision to forgive man's sins by making a piece of himself mortal, having it killed, and making it immortal again and rejoin him. Which accomplished dick-all.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by creativespirit

Which God are you referring to?

There are many gods...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
So i'm guessing you will not be attending Church tonight.

You are allowed to express your opinion.

But, do you really want to memorialize this on the net?

Someday, you could change your mind.

Anything is possible...

edit on 3-3-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Your implying God didn't actually know Adam and Eve would eat of the tree, that seems to be your main point anyways. On the contrary, it was necessary for them to eat of it. They needed to learn the difference between good and evil, as we all do. God could've said don't stand on one leg, and if they did, same curse would have become of them, and all of us. It's a direct result (the curse) to disobeying God.

Good news, though. God's plan is to breed perfection through a people who have free will, and the ability to disobey. We can get to heaven, sure enough, just through belief in Christ, but the story doesn't end there. We still have a thousand years to achieve perfection and fulfill the law; as we will still be capable of sin for.. quite some time now. Perhaps forever.

Ultimate goal is to achieve perfection, by purging through the fires of this world.

Makes sense, actually.

edit:

I thought this was funny, actually:

Oh, and those Israelites? God later slaughtered half of them because they made a gold cow. Didn't you just spend ten plagues and a load of asshole points saving them?

Actually, he didn't send the plagues on the Israelites, but on the Egyptians. It's a wonder why the Israelites would see all of this and still not believe, having to resort to building Idols. That's deserving of some punishment, considering their lack of belief after, well something like 6000 years.
edit on 3-3-2013 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Loving it!

"Bill and Ted's Bible Adventure!"

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere

I'm gonna have to guess NO...

Unless of course George Carlin comes back from the dead and starts one.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Wow.

Ground breaking stuff.

Same old rants I've heard a hundred times on ATS.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Wow.

Ground breaking stuff.

I know, right. I figured it all out.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Congratulations CS. You seem to have successfully worked your way out from under the convoluted set of stories which hold sway over the minds of so many in Christian cultures. Having been raised under the auspice of these fabricated tales, it is difficult to ween oneself from beneath their encompassing existential grip. Be thankful you have made it this far. I wish you well in your new discoveries.

If you never believed this stuff though., then it is possible that you have no idea how difficult it can be to shed these kinds of beliefs. Just pointing them out, in many cases can lead to even more convoluted thinking which does no one any good.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

At first I was like okay, this still makes SOME sense, then I was like alright mom and dad, # this #, I'm going Hare Krishna. No more Church, no more prayers before meal, the whole deal is off. It makes much more sense than any religion I've ever seen before here in Oklahoma and you can go # yourself if you don't like it. Now I'm doing what I see fit, I've read so much about Krishna and I feel happy, that's what life is about after all, live in the moment and that's the motto.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by creativespirit
At first I was like okay, this still makes SOME sense, then I was like alright mom and dad, # this #, I'm going Hare Krishna. No more Church, no more prayers before meal, the whole deal is off. It makes much more sense than any religion I've ever seen before here in Oklahoma and you can go # yourself if you don't like it. Now I'm doing what I see fit, I've read so much about Krishna and I feel happy, that's what life is about after all, live in the moment and that's the motto.

ALL cults and ALL false religions have the same source = The Illuminati.

The so-called "god of this world" has deceived the world through religion and his lies are the very REASON for your deceptions about God.

Top 10 Dangerous Cults

Founded in 1966, the Hare Krishna cult was a fixture in the seventies, with yellow-robed disciples panhandling at every major airport and intersection. The epitome of hippie idealism, Krishna followers believed utterly in the God “Krishna” who was actually a character created for a novel, Mahabaratha. The distinctive, relentless chanting practiced by followers of this cult actually meant “the energy of the Lord”.

Krishna followers lived a hardscrabble, Spartan existence, with the barest level of sustenance, and very little sleep: they suffered for their religion, believing that they would be rewarded by ascension to a spiritual paradise after many reincarnations. However, not every member of the Krishna organization suffered: the higher echelons were well fed, housed in luxury, and surrounded by women catering to their every need. Although the Hare Krishna’s may also escape “doomsday cult” status, there are dark tales of disciples willing to do anything for their religion, including robbery and murder. Famous Followers: The Beatles, for a time.

Regarding the Krishna cult, I read Monkey On A Stick (Murder, Madness, and the Hare Krishnas), it’s quite a popular book about the Krishna organization.

MONKEY ON A STICK

Top 10 Dangerous Cults

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

Your implying God didn't actually know Adam and Eve would eat of the tree, that seems to be your main point anyways. On the contrary, it was necessary for them to eat of it. They needed to learn the difference between good and evil, as we all do.

Sooo, you're saying that they needed to learn how to defy authority? That this god wanted them to defy his authority? Well, hell, I do that all the time!

Good news, though. God's plan is to breed perfection through a people who have free will,

It's been over 5,000 years of this breeding of perfection. Lemme tell ya, it ain't workin'.

Makes sense, actually.

Yeah, it makes sense in a kind of twisted, psychotic...PFFF! No it doesn't! Not even in a demented way. Makes no sense whatsoever.
edit on 3/3/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

This lad would be hissing at the sight of the holy water me thinks....

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by creativespirit

Religion only makes sense when you believe what they tell you.

One problem with that scenario: false religion ALWAYS lies.

"Every major religion in the world has been manufactured or infiltrated by the Illuminati to enslave and brainwash society. In essence, religion was the first form of mind control. The indoctrination of the masses by a "Trojan Horse" false religion has allowed the Illuminati to take control and work in secret for many, many years." Link

The Vatican has infiltrated, or neutered and spayed, virtually every denomination and organization in Christendom. Various means have been used, but Opus Dei has played a major role in this.

I am fully persuaded that Opus Dei and the Jesuits have already planted many of their agents in Baptist and Fundamental churches and schools.

OPUS DEI-- War on Protestantism

"Today the religions of the world remain a major tool of the Illuminati agenda. They maintain the climate of unquestioning, unthinking, ignorance, and their pseudo-morality provides a veil of hypocrisy, behind which the most sickening abuse of children can be hidden."

"Some of the most famous church "leaders" and evangelists on the planet are Illuminati operatives who use religion to manipulate and brain-wash their followers while engaging in Satanic rituals that beggar belief."

"But the mass of unthinking followers in any religion are merely the fodder and the screen behind which the real business goes on." Link

What if I were to tell you, that there is a vast Satanic conspiracy to deceive the masses of every society on earth? What if I were to tell you that the top leaders of the world’s religions were in league with the Devil? Would you think I’m crazy? I would! Yet, the truth is stranger than fiction! You have been lied to my friend. Few people in the world today are aware of just how much Satan has infiltrated organized religion. Link

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I've always felt like this quote from Mysterious Stranger said it best:

"Strange! that you should not have suspected years ago centuries, ages, eons, ago! – for you have existed, companionless, through all the eternities. Strange, indeed, that you should not have suspected that your universe and its contents were only dreams, visions, fiction!

Strange, because they are so frankly and hysterically insane – like all dreams: a God who could make good children as easily as bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave his angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice and invented hell – mouths mercy and invented hell – mouths Golden Rules, and forgiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites this poor, abused slave to worship him!...

"You perceive, now, that these things are all impossible except in a dream. You perceive that they are pure and puerile insanities, the silly creations of an imagination that is not conscious of its freaks -- in a word, that they are a dream, and you the maker of it. The dream-marks are all present; you should have recognised them earlier.

"It is true, that which I have revealed to you; there is no God, no universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven, no hell. It is all a dream a grotesque and foolish dream. Nothing exists but you. And you are but a thought – a vagrant thought, a useless thought, a homeless thought, wandering forlorn among the empty eternities!"

- Mark Twain, The Mysterious Stranger

Although this also helps...and is a whole lot older:

I've come to this conclusion myself.

- Lee

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

HAHA! Loved it. But you forgot about the part 1/3 of his subjects rebel against his loving nature, and he sends them right where he put Adam and Eve!

But that's not all! These rebellious ones are able to rape and get earth girls pregnant with evil giants!

HAHA! Talk about a loving "father" type god? Uh, no.

reply to post by Lionhearte

That's a very imaginative, apologetic too, but totally a non-Biblical explanation!

There just wasn't room in the garden for any more "knows right from wrong" folks.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I know that I, was once where you seem to be at. When looking at the senseless horror of it all. Until I realized, wait a sec, it's our horror. It's our mess that we have to clean up, and what we're really doing is having a temper tantrum. Crying for mommy or daddy to come and clean up our poo. The wonderful thing, about these moments in one's spiritual journey, is that force that pervades the universe is always with us. Calmly waiting for us to grow up and start a new journey.

You'll be okay. We all will.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Christian religion is a system of control .

It is paradoxical .. evil ..and full of lies .

It uses fear and intimidation to imprison the spirit in a hell of our own creation .

As an near death experiencer I can tell you that is not the God I encountered

God is Love beyond description

Dont blame God find fault where it belongs ...

In yourself .

You want a better world Create it ..

Stop supporting systems that are inherently Evil .

But most of you will get up tomorrow and continue your pathetic life in this rat race We created .

So stop blaming

We have all we need to create a paradise on this Earth

But Fear has us All by the Balls .

edit on 3-3-2013 by R0CR13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

And it all culminates in God's extremely convoluted and pointless decision to forgive man's sins by making a piece of himself mortal, having it killed, and making it immortal again and rejoin him. Which accomplished dick-all.

All that ?
And that isn't even the worst of it. Wait til you find out what a horrible judgment call you just made.
I can't believe this guy. Throws a major gripe, fit, rant tantrum at Christians, God, Jesus and the Bible. Then storms off in his stiletto's to become a Krishna. I mean why all the drama OP ?
edit on 4-3-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
So being on ATS for nearly a year your first thread is some rant against god? Really. That is your opening discussion with the folks here at ATS? This is all you have to say right out of the box after nearly a year here? What ever possessed you to do this thread? Could it be Satan? Hmm. That is all for Church Chat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join