It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Invokes Lucifer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by daryllyn

Would you mind watching all of it to translate in its entirety?

there is a wiki on the
Exsultet "Easter Proclamation"
on that page you can find a translation since it would be a little long to type

here is the link

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
if in doubt see the truth out, for wisdom comes from seeking what is spoken. mymemory.translated.net... it will for the translation for you.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
OMG OMG I don't know any latin but he says lucifer and alex jones said hes worshipping the devil so omg omg omg ..

oh it was translated..

well, he still said lucifer, thats odd huh. omg omg omg no wonder they killed the pope and put a clone in his place to sack him.. he worships lucifer!!!!!

omg omg omg *runs in circles*

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
"Lucifer" in Latin is not the name of the devil.

There was an association with the term (which means "Morning Star") in Isaiah that some in the early church took to refer to Satan, and others took to refer to the King of Babylon.

How you have fallen from heaven,
morning star, son of the dawn!
You have been cast down to the earth,
you who once laid low the nations!
You said in your heart,
“I will ascend to the heavens;
I will raise my throne
above the stars of God;
I will sit enthroned on the mount of assembly,
on the utmost heights of Mount Zaphon.
I will ascend above the tops of the clouds;
I will make myself like the Most High.”
But you are brought down to the realm of the dead,
to the depths of the pit. (Isaiah 14:12-15 NIV)

Why is this thought to refer to the King of Babylon? Because it explicitely says so, in the text!

On the day the Lord gives you relief from your suffering and turmoil and from the harsh labor forced on you, you will take up this taunt against the king of Babylon: (Isaiah 14:3-4 NIV)

Both Luther and Calvin agreed that "Lucifer" in this passage meant "Morning Star" and referred to the King of Babylon, not Satan, and the use of the term, even as a name, doesn't mean anything.

It was actually a proper name for some people before it got the "taint" of its erroneous association with Satan. There are numerous historical Lucifers, even a Bishop who is buried in the Vatican.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Hopefully for those who follow the faith may they get a Pope that is worthy of the title.

Now that's just silly. They don't make dead people Popes.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by EvilBat

Thank you so much for the translation. My 2 years of high school Latin could not have done it justice.

Guess this does away with the Pope invoking Lucifer...

Des

Does it? First of all, the word "Lucifer" (as you can plainly see in the latin original) is being rendered "morning star."

Saying it's "Morning Star" in english does not make it any less "Lucifer" in the Latin.

Further, if you look into this issue carefully enough, you will find that in the bible, both "Lucifer" and Christ have been called "Morning Star."

So I'm not sure the given explanation fully gets them off the hook. But of course, what would ATS be without some posters jumping at the first chance to engage in a little knee-jerk eye-rolling skepticism?

To my understanding, "Lucifer" is literally "light bearer." So "morning star" (and hence the christ association) is not the best literal translation of this. A literal translation of "morning star" would be "stella matutina."

edit on 4-3-2013 by iwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by robertauthor

Jesus Lives but within the Temple of ourselves and not the Temple of others

Jesus lives in both, because Jesus is the archetype of the Self. That's the archetype at the center of the collective unconscious.

That's why we must not judge.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

Lucifer literally means "light-bearer" (Lux + Fero) , when used in the phrase "lucifer matutinus" it means "the morning light bearer" or in other words "the morning star".

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
End of "Catholic Church" - movie trailer
"Pope resigns" Februray 28 2013 is packaged between two "Head of Scotland's Catholic Church Cardinal Keith O'Brien " acts:
Feb 25, 2013, three days before - "Cardinal resigns on gay sex scandal" (0a).
March 3, 2013, three days later - "Cardinal admits being a gay sex molester" or 'guilty of inappropriate Sexual Behavior' with those men" (0b).
Note the joke about the original script, the 1998 "Bill Clinton impeachment starring: president's statement under oath, cigar, dress, Monica Lewinsky and Hillary Clinton" (0c).
Since this is a reversed script, the last act is not acquittal but the termination of the Vatican,
Reminder, published hours after the "Ratzinger resigns" act:

Most sophisticated conspiracy ever series
Actors in the role of "Pope", ALL "Cardinals" and "Obama" play on the same "stripped" stage (1) as Lance Armstrong.
But these actors do not step on stage through the same door as the greatest cyclist ever.
Lance Armstrong was stripped, falsely accused of the most sophisticated conspiracy in the History of Sports (2).
Religion and Politics are the other two "most sophisticated conspiracy ever" acts, this time with actors in the role of accused and stripped.
Rest of my article
www.scam.com...
edit on 5-3-2013 by VeryLastProphet because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
if in doubt see the truth out, for wisdom comes from seeking what is spoken. mymemory.translated.net... it will for the translation for you.

I used your link and typed in Lucifer, and this is what came:

How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66

Originally posted by bekod

I used your link and typed in Lucifer, and this is what came

Actually, this is what comes back:

You have the definition in Latin, then the English approximate ("Dawnstar") and then two "use it a sentence, Billy," examples, the first of which is the passage in Isaiah, where Lucifer refers to the King of Babylon.

edit on 5-3-2013 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
In response to the Pope recently invoking the name of "Lucifer" the name Lucifer means "Light Bearer' and should not be considered as referring to the "The Light Giver." or the Christ.

The Kaballah refers to the first commandment of creation as "to receive for the purpose of sharing".
In other words, it was the will of a loving Creator for Creation to be receptive to the perfect light while allowing that light to move through us and in the expression outward, that which we manifested would always be in Divine Pattern.

The receiving of that light for the purpose of self and self's desires alone without regard for the Creators will was of course the original sin. Thus we find the title for Lucifer as "Light Bearer' not "Light Giver".

The term "Light Giver" refers to the Christ as in the term "Only Begotten" which is aka "Self Begotten."
The Christ is considered to be "The One Through Whom All Light Emenates" or of a light that is self-renewing, never diminishing and forever unchanging. The Christ is the visible manifestation of light that is otherwise non-visible as it pertains to the light of the "Father" in the material worlds.
Which is why the universe we occupy is considered to be a child universe, birthed as experimental from a Father/Mother Universe.

The light consciousness that humans may possess in the material worlds outside of grace is considered to be a light that is able to be corrupted, diminished and changeable until that light of the eternal Christ transforms the consciousness beyond its present and limited condition through an ascension or restoration of our Divine Pattern. This is the reason why overcoming the present human condition through compliance with the law is considered near impossible, creating the neccesity for grace and atonement which is in itself receptive in its polarity, Again, bringing us back to being open to "receiving for the purpose of sharing."
In the words of Edgar Cayce, the sleeping prophet, there has never been a time, even before this world existed that there was not a Christ or a Christ-mass
Archeomythologist

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join