It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British terror suspects quietly stripped of citizenship… then killed by drones

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Okay Britain....What's up with this? I thought only the U.S. was busy targeting it's own citizens? I will say the British at least remove the citizenship before allowing their termination. The U.S. didn't bother with that technical step first.

The Government has secretly ramped up a controversial programme that strips people of their British citizenship on national security grounds – with two of the men subsequently killed by American drone attacks.

An investigation by the Bureau of Investigative Journalism for The Independent has established that since 2010, the Home Secretary, Theresa May, has revoked the passports of 16 individuals, many of whom are alleged to have had links to militant or terrorist groups.

At least five of those deprived of their UK nationality by the Coalition were born in Britain, and one man had lived in the country for almost 50 years. Those affected have their passports cancelled, and lose their right to enter the UK – making it very difficult to appeal against the Home Secretary’s decision. Last night the Liberal Democrats’ deputy leader Simon Hughes said he was writing to Ms May to call for an urgent review into how the law was being implemented.
Source

Now realistically, I'm not sure how much of a problem I'd actually have with this or what the U.S. has done IF it were done with the knowledge of the public and not in the shadows. I think that's the largest issue. If justified by circumstances, and if it were done by some process of law, it's one thing.

This sounds about as quiet and shadowy as it comes though and meant to be that way. How do the average British folk feel about this? There is also this to consider. If this is what is leaking out to be known, what is actually kept secret? That's disturbing to consider, indeed.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Okay Britain....What's up with this? I thought only the U.S. was busy targeting it's own citizens? I will say the British at least remove the citizenship before allowing their termination. The U.S. didn't bother with that technical step first.

The Government has secretly ramped up a controversial programme that strips people of their British citizenship on national security grounds – with two of the men subsequently killed by American drone attacks.

An investigation by the Bureau of Investigative Journalism for The Independent has established that since 2010, the Home Secretary, Theresa May, has revoked the passports of 16 individuals, many of whom are alleged to have had links to militant or terrorist groups.

At least five of those deprived of their UK nationality by the Coalition were born in Britain, and one man had lived in the country for almost 50 years. Those affected have their passports cancelled, and lose their right to enter the UK – making it very difficult to appeal against the Home Secretary’s decision. Last night the Liberal Democrats’ deputy leader Simon Hughes said he was writing to Ms May to call for an urgent review into how the law was being implemented.
Source

Now realistically, I'm not sure how much of a problem I'd actually have with this or what the U.S. has done IF it were done with the knowledge of the public and not in the shadows. I think that's the largest issue. If justified by circumstances, and if it were done by some process of law, it's one thing.

This sounds about as quiet and shadowy as it comes though and meant to be that way. How do the average British folk feel about this? There is also this to consider. If this is what is leaking out to be known, what is actually kept secret? That's disturbing to consider, indeed.

Just when I thought I could not be more surprised by what Governments are doing with drones a story like this appears and makes you stop and think. Obviously the US and UK are in cahoots with this program.. The UK identifies the people and strips them of their citizenships and then hands over the names to the US to be added to the kill list. I have done extensive research on drones, drone program in relation to National Security/Foreign Policy and the various other concerns involved with Drones. I wrote about it extensively on my blog.. If anyone is interested in reading it please just message me and I will pass along the link. I am looking for feedback to be honest. It bothers me more than any other single part of the drone thing that you can be sentenced to die without even a chance to see the evidence or fight the evidence. In fact you will never know you were on the kill list period. It is setting a dangerous precedent. At some point very soon.. other Countries will be turning the Drone technology around and using it against Americans. I guess it is no better or worse than targeting first responders to drone strikes as the US has done or targeting funeral processions of people killed by drones as the US has done.

At first I heard people saying they were being followed or stalked or had communications being beamed into their heads I just thought they must be paranoid or delusional. It even has a name.. Gang Stalking. Apparently the FBI does indeed run a program very similar in nature to what people are reporting.

www.npr.org...
edit on 3-3-2013 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Hmm Theresa May eh? You know she doesn't just enjoy stripping citizenship from peoples... She enjoys making it difficult to become one in Britain as well. At least, she is trying to.

In a globalised world, you might expect to see a rise in the number of cross border couples. But one person (backed by a whole Government) stands to stop international love for many ordinary people. Indeed Theresa May, the Home Secretary wants to make it harder for British citizens and those settled in the UK to bring their spouses, civil partners and indeed other family members to the UK.

There are a number of other requirements too including a requirement to pass an English language test, and couples need to raise enough money to pay for hefty visa application fees.

All that’s not enough for Theresa May. In her pursuit of lower net migration figures, she wants to make family reunification entitlements a privilege for only the wealthy. Here’s what Theresa May wants:

- Only those earning more than £18,600 to be able to bring their spouses to share their lives in the UK. This figure would rise significantly in cases where visa applications are also made for children. This would mean for example that in order to secure visas for a spouse and two children you could need an income of up to £24,800.
- An extension in the probationary period from two to five years - this will mean migrant spouses may end up trapped in abusive marriages for extended periods.
- A requirement to make couples prove a greater attachment to the UK than they have to any other country.
To make the English language test more difficult.

Source

I am not saying that this is incriminating by any means... sometimes correlation and causation don't mix. Then again, other times they do.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Gotta reclaim Britain from Muhammad somehow. Ofcourse they need to up the scale to be effective. If Richard the Lionheart saw England today, i'm pretty sure he'd have more than a few words to say to Elizabeth II.

new topics

top topics

join