It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost A Million People Go Missing In The United States Per Year! 2,300 Per Day, Yes Per Day!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Reports of missing persons have increased sixfold in the past 25 years, from roughly 150,000 in 1980 to about 900,000 this year.

www.trutv.com...

Can you guys believe it?

It seems so sureal to me, almost a million people per year?
That's an insane amount of people going missing, 2,300 per day?????

How come the news is not all over this????

A million people a year going missing is just way too much, and I think more people should be aware of this fact.

This is too much and something looks very fishy to me for this to be simply acceptable!

2,300 people going missing a day is nothing to be considered normal!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Aren't illegal aliens replacing the ones disappearing?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I wonder what the statistic is on the amount of those people recovered in a healthy and living condition

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
The number includes run-aways and also includes the cases that are solved.. I was reading that most of the 2,300 missing person cases are solved rather quickly ( the person is located safe and sound ) .. but in some of those the person is never heard from again or a body is found a week, or even years later.

So yeah it's a high number but it's all inclusive.. it includes anyone who reports anyone as missing even if they just ran away with their boyfriend for a week.. You have to be missing for 24 hours to file a report unless they suspect foul play.. so a lot of these reports are nothing ultimately.... My brother "ran away" for a day to his friends house and had a missing person's report filed..

I expect the number of missing person's cases that remain truly "missing" to be substantially lower but I couldn't find specific stats
edit on 3/3/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Much agreed it is definitely weird..the numbers is extraordinary 900,000?! Maybe for the same purpose? Sex traffiking or something else

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Your reptilian leaders are eating them.. Really though thats a lot of people to awol...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Wondering how many of them are never found again.

Should be some figures on that somewhere.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
No there isn't. This has been covered many times on ATS. Those stats are the amount of reports, not the actual missing.

It's impossible for millions of people to go missing each year. If it was true the population of the USA would have become zero many years ago.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
This is worrying. Even if 50% of them turn up again, where are the other half?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

Star for pulling my head out of the clouds.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

How come the news is not all over this????

Because nobody wants to know. That, and the media reports nothing that doesn't have some benefit to them. As has been said... A Single Death is a Tragedy; a Million Deaths is a Statistic

Even at half that amount, that's a hell of a lot of people to go missing daily and yearly. You can thank the Slavery industry for a portion of that. And pedo's for another portion of it.
edit on 3/3/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
According to the FBI just over 100,000 people have gone missing and never been found in the USA since 1975 - 2008.

Around 3000 people a year.

Worryingly, about 60% of those people were under 20 years of age, with almost half the total number being under 18 years old...kids.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I found this missing person statistics site for 2011 .. a bit dense..

www.fbi.gov...

It has lots of information for that year.

Entered: 678,860
Removed: 679,511
Locates: 47,025

Entries - Records entered do not include supplemental record entry messages which are used to add specific identifiers, including dental data, to a Missing Person Record on file in NCIC.

Removed - Records removed are a total of the cancel, clear, and locate messages received by the NCIC computer. Excluded are counts of supplemental record cancellation messages which are used to remove specific identifiers, including dental data, from a Missing Person record.

Locates – Are transactions to remove entries when the subject has been found by an agency other than the entering agency.
NCIC Missing Person File Report for 2011

So it sounds like the "Removed" probably largely represents those cases where someone is reported as missing but not really missing which I think happens A LOT .. such was the case with my brother who ran away to a friend's house for a day just because him and our mom had a disagreement.. that sort of thing is common.. but I can't know for sure.. it also includes the legitimately missing and located people.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
As Drock says...these are missing people reports.....2300 per day in a population of 314,000,000 is not really a massive amount, especially as a large number of these people may want to go missing.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
No there isn't. This has been covered many times on ATS. Those stats are the amount of reports, not the actual missing.

It's impossible for millions of people to go missing each year. If it was true the population of the USA would have become zero many years ago.

Not to be too pedantic about it, but it would take 300 - 350 years for the USA to be empty @ a million a year.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Of the entries in the FBI report I saw for 2011 and linked to above..

500,892 were juvenile
9,611 were involuntarily missing
16,548 were in some way endangered
6,340 were disabled
294,691 were female
255,711 were male
183 is "catastrophe"
22 were unknown
16,850 "other"

Those endangered or involuntary make up a small part of the total cases reported in 2011, most of them were juvenile so probably a lot of them reported missing when they weren't.. and probably largely consist of runaway persons .. just my take on the stats.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Another interesting thing is you can see that the missing person report total peaked in 1997 with a total of 980,712 but has been on a steady decline since then.. that's a positive note
edit on 3/3/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by drock905

Not to be too pedantic about it, but it would take 300 - 350 years for the USA to be empty @ a million a year.

And of course
US

Number of births: 3,999,386
Birth rate: 13.0 per 1,000 population

www.cdc.gov...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
It reminds me of the television ad in the late 1980's and early 1990's which alleged that 1.5 million children were missing per year.

I calculated that in twenty years of 1.5 milliom per year would equal about 30 million children.
At the time the population of the USA was, to simplify things lets say it was 280 million.
If the average age of death is 72 that means that at any given time 25 % of the population is under the age of 18 or about 70 million children. ]

For 30 million children to go missing in twenty years is just under half of the total number of children.

If every adult knows 200 children under the age of 18 then why would not the adults be alarmed about it?

My conclusion then and now is that this is a bunch of malarkey to put it politely, a figure arrived at to inflate someones budget and justify their positions.
edit on 3-3-2013 by slugger9787 because: added correct math

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Does that number also include how many are found or come back? What if a kid runs away from home three times in one year?

That has to be some significant proportion of this unbelievable statistic. From the link...

About half of the roughly 800,000 missing juvenile cases in 2001 involved runaways...

They don't just all drop off the grid without ever being heard from again. Repeat runaways pad that I'm sure.

I don't agree with the solution in this video (call the cops) but the list of reasons kids split their home and risk the unknown at a young age are spot on...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join