It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cardinal O'Brien Sorry for Sexual Misconduct

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by merkins
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Yep I think they are all scumbags as well as rapists and pedos.

I've said it before and I say say it again. Humans haven't yet evoled to live in societes larger than 150. Below that limit of the number of people is so small that everyone could have personal relationships with everyone else. Criminals psychopaths rapists, and work shy would be found out very quickly. And it could possibly go a long was to eradicating pyschathy in the gene pool. If these people were exhiled or killed without the chance to procreate a better world would emerge. But of course tht's a type eugenics, and I'm against that.

I don't think you get to any kind of high position in any institution, church, business, or government if they don't have some serious blackmail material against themu. I've heard that some orgs deliberately set up a new member for a heinous cime and often making them perfom it themselves to get in the same boat as them, all weighed dwn as it is with their crimes.

The monkeysphere.

There is room for plenty of erroneous behavior and looking the other way when your working with statistics just numbers on paper, so yes humans haven't yet evolved to live in societies larger then 150, its a statistical improbability in fact the human mind is not even capable of thinking in such terms, but its capable in thinking that it can which leads to some serious cognitive dissonance on mass, whole societies and whole continents full of people holding two or more contradicting ideas in there heads and thinking there both true, littlerally living in two worlds, the world in there heads, and the world that is brought upon by there actions, which makes for a mixed up crazy world, its also quite hilarious, the kind of hilarious like when Homer Simpson continuously runs into the wall and goes doh.

People tend to build groups, and in those groups you have many categorizations and names for them, governments, city halls, racial types such as black, white, and asian, even trend type groups which come and go every few years, and then you have thing like corporations and all such constructed entities extolling a fee from the populous it enthralls. All just byproducts of the ability and inability of human kind to deal with the world as it is, all shadows of there reality's, basically the monkeyshere...

Saw this link not that long ago on somebody's Facebook page, it's an interesting read.
The Monkeyshere

And ya humans have not evolved both mentally and physically to live in the huge society we life in today, in fact we constitute and categories as that hairless ape species which thinks to much of itself. However and to our determent we have evolved to think we can, and not only that but to think we can efficiently, practically living in two worlds and turning a dead eye to that which does not constitute and adhere to the world in our heads some major cognitive dissonance which all of humanity suffers from. Which is why things like TV the media and even the internet plays such a big part, and its why all the major things that people consider powers clamber to be at the ones who pull the levers of that machine. Its something which captures and molds the perspectives of human perceptions on mass, which in many ways is how things like religions and believe systems even social systems like capitalism and all others came to be, that is it only exists because it exists and was placed into there minds most times basically constantly bombarded into there heads on a daily basis, your daily scheduled programing.

And of course the inconsistencies of having so many contradicting thoughts all held as the one truth are everywhere and running rampant in our societies, humanity as a whole have merely been conditioned and have conditioned themselves not not see them, a sort self preservation mechanism, like zebras and gazelles running into the safety of the group at the first hint of a predator and hoping they blend in so much that it wont be them which gets killed today. And then they wander why people who have any sort of power like politicians and lawmakers, the rich, and supper rich, even your every day Joe all walk crooked lines if even given half the chance, after all they are just one more monkey in the monkeyshere, most times there is little to no difference between one or the other as above and so bellow.

And yet they all ask "what is it my fault that power likes to walk on crooked paths"
And even in something like the topic of this thread when they try to make a group or another created entity which will oversee that no pedophiles or sexual abusers get into positions of power, well guess who that constructed social entity will attract most?
edit on 7-3-2013 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

That's one of my favorite quotes, Kyrie.

I try not to let my quest of justice consume me. Hopefully, I will be successful in my efforts...not just to obtain justice but to not let the process consume me.

I don't want to gaze into the abyss for too long, for I do not want the abyss to have the chance to gaze into me for too long...
edit on 3/8/2013 by jcutler12888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

it is BS. They are using the Cardinal's pic of him with Saville to test public reaction and 'forgiveness'

lmao that a Cardinal apologises when the Church itself denies it and covers the majority of it up!!

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

I'm glad you agree. But I don't agree that adults can usually do something to protect themselves in most cases...I know I couldn't protect myself against my ex-husband, and many other women have had the same problems with their husbands.

Yes, which is why I was sure to include 'in most cases'.

I'm sorry to think of you or anyone else suffering like that and I can honestly say I know how some of you here on the thread feel. Thank God, for the most part, time heals. I hope it will help heal you too.

peace

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by merkins

If you're looking for a fight you'll have to look farther than me.
I’m not going to apologize for reading through the thread and believing the participants were alluding (key word) to the Cardinal being a pedophile. I wouldn’t have written the response if I hadn’t thought so - obviously.

Nor will you find me apologize for having empathy and a little understanding for a guy who got drunk and came on to another man (priest). If that article can be believed? It was the total of three priests - over a couple decades and the Cardinal didn’t touch them, molest them, fondle or use his ‘power’ to force them onto their knees for anything other than prayer. He was drunk. He screwed up. Is that making excuses for him? No. It’s having empathy for someone who in a moment of weakness (loneliness?) made a mistake.

What I did not address is his hypocrisy, lies and duplicity - which I do find particularly sickening due to his position but he's still he’s human and I chose when possible to try and be understanding when others make mistakes. Within reason of course. I mean come on - if this was a an average Joe and while working as a boss at Walmart made a pass at a fellow employee? I wouldn’t make the headlines. No one would care. But because he’s a priest and the issue is hot one at the moment people are ready to string him up. In my opinion that’s wrong. He’s just a man. He made mistakes. Like I said - anyone here who hasn’t made a mistake? Have at him. I will not.

If you were challenged by my sarcasm (reference pitchfork) it is regretful but you‘re finding provocation where there is none and none intended.

peace

edit on 8-3-2013 by silo13 because: remove word 'than'

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yeah, you're right...in most cases, many adults can defend themselves quite well.

Thank you. Time helps to ease pains and dim memories...eventually.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join