It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cardinal O'Brien Sorry for Sexual Misconduct

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KyrieEleison

We're on the same page. This statement is so spot on that it reminded me of something reportedly said by Britains most prolific paedophile and sex offender Sir Jimmy Savile.

"...and seem to have a clear conscience about the crimes they have committed over the years."

Allegedly, when he was confronted years ago by a colleague about how his sexual proclivities would be viewed by Jesus. He retorted that "me and jesus have an arrangement." and "why do you think I do so much charity work."

I find this kind of balancing of the scales of good acts vs evil acts sickening and reprehensible. This is exactly how these multiple billionaires try to ease their conscience later in life. They've screwed over so many people that as they get closer to death they start giving to charity in an attempt to secure their passage upwards rather than downwards in the afterlife.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

I am a christain and have a great disdain for the churches, espcially the Catholic Church. Organised religion today seems to make a mockery of the New Testaments and Jesus's teachings. All of these pedofiles and sexual deviants will go directly to hell

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by jcutler12888

It's an unforgiveable sin in my book too. I've had friends whose lives were completely destroyed by this kind of abuse and when they call for help no one listens. In my eperience half have committed suicide whilst the other half though still breathing have no life as most people would understand that word. And they have all shortened their lifespans with addiction and self harm.

It's my sad but firm belief that every institution with over 150 employees is already thoroughly corrupted and becoming more so all the time. If a director of a business/organisation is a psychopath or sex offender they will naturally seek out and employ others like them. Misery loves company, but evil prospers with it.

As I'm writing this the Catholic Church have just announced (finally) that they are going to investigate him. Why isn't he in a police cell?

He was a gay Cardinal calling homosxuality a 'grotesque perversion'. Oh the horror, oh the hypocrisy.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DOLCOTT

I sincerely hope you are right. I hope they burn in hell for eternity.

I am a spiritual person rather than a religious one, but I hope there is a god, and the last 23 years of my life have been a search for his or her existence through science. Although the more I research physics and the universe, the more I believe in a supreme being, I don't have "... enough data either way..." I'm quoting 'Contact', one of my favourite films.

It is a fact that if the universe is infinite or that there are infinite universes then we almost certainly live in a simulation, and within that frame of reference a supreme being is guaranteed.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
@ KyrieEleison and Merkins:
But how will we ever know if they're genuinely sorry? Isn't the whole idea of Christianity to have faith in God to make these judgements? Not to judge others? Isn't the Church there to begin with to teach and uphold the teachings of it's bible? Isn't the main figure of Christianity supposed to be the pillar of forgiveness? How can the Christians blame O'Brian for anything when he seeks forgiveness?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by trysts
@ KyrieEleison and Merkins:
But how will we ever know if they're genuinely sorry? Isn't the whole idea of Christianity to have faith in God to make these judgements? Not to judge others? Isn't the Church there to begin with to teach and uphold the teachings of it's bible? Isn't the main figure of Christianity supposed to be the pillar of forgiveness? How can the Christians blame O'Brian for anything when he seeks forgiveness?

- He will show it by his actions. Accept full responsibility, make reparations, subject himself to the judicial system. You know, DO SOMETHING other than /shrug "sorry".
- No, it isn't.
- Righteous judgment is not restricted to divine providence. The passage you may be thinking of is more of a shot against hypocrisy.
- This remains to be seen.
- Have you ever read the New Testament at all? I recall Christ doing a lot of rebuking and flipping tables on the money changers.
- Blame is well-placed, and I have yet to see an honest appeal for forgiveness.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

Whoa! Down with the pitchforks folks! There’s nothing in the article (that I read) stating anything about this guy being a pedophile.

He made advances towards other priests - not kids.

Wrong? You bet.

A hanging offence? I don’t think so.

Edit to Add

I went back to make sure. Here you go - from the OP link:

Last week, the Observer reported that the former priest had claimed Cardinal O'Brien had made an inappropriate approach to him in 1980, after night prayers, when he was a seminarian at St Andrew's College, Drygrange.

A second statement from another complainant said he had been living in a parish when he was visited by Cardinal O'Brien, and inappropriate contact had taken place between them.

A third complainant alleged he had faced what he described as "unwanted behavior" by the cardinal in the 1980s after some late-night drinking.

So he got wasted and a little hot under the ol' ecclesiastical collar. Oh well. Not like it hasn’t happened to some of the best of us. Let’s not hang him from the wrong tree.

peace

edit on 4-3-2013 by silo13 because: see above

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I think its really interesting that the Bilderberg group had an emergency meeting in Rome in November. I cant help but wonder if they might have something to do with the Popes resignation.
I haven't figured out how to link the article, google "Bilderberg meeting in Rome". Several articles will come up.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

I'm a survivor of sexual abuse that spanned years of my childhood and teen years and I can say without a doubt that you're absolutely correct...it's like, if you can keep yourself from killing yourself and even if you're out functioning like a "normal" human being (i.e. work, family, friends, interests), you've still been destroyed and you feel dead inside no matter how much time passes or what you do...it's a daily battle to just hold yourself together and be "okay" for the world to see. Many people who have been raped, molested, and abused will tell you that they would have rather died than have what happened to them happen.

It's a fate worse than death. That's why those people whose actions sentence others to that fate that's worse than death are simply unforgivable.

I, too, cannot believe this guy hasn't been excommunicated and arrested. It's absolutely ridiculous...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Hey, silo. I think that we might have been unclear in our conversation...we were referring to this guy as a sexual predator, which is a term that applies to people who prey on adults and people who prey on children. He is in a position of power and acted sexually "inappropriate" towards his subordinates and used his power to keep the people who were casualties of his "misconduct" quiet. We weren't calling him a pedophile. Sorry if we sounded like we were going all vigilante and "hang him from a tree for being a pedophile", we probably should've been more clear about it.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Yeah Im not getting the rage im seeing in this thread. He obviously has a sexual orientation issue and tried to act out on it a few times in his past. I see nothing to warrant arrests or the lynch mob. It is interesting he was an opposition to gay marriage but still nothing to get up in arms over. I hope people read the article at least.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

It's almost like an unspoken acknowledged 'perk' that goes with the job

Bankers get bonuses!

Management and salesman get cars!

And Priests are allowed sexual peccadillos!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I remember the previous pope actually said he "forgave people being angry at him" for molestation of children. I mean, really?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I think it's way passed time for the Church to reconsider it's position on celibacy.
It isn't natural and I think a lot of people with sexual dysfunctions, or things they consider dysfunction, run to the Church thinking they will be controlled by the other clergy.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Isn't forgiveness one of the main proposals of Christianity? Isn't that the whole point of Christianity? If you're truly sorry, so they say, then the Church can't really condemn Mr. O'Brian. Isn't it their duty to offer forgiveness and sanctuary to those who sin?

Yeah, I'll be you'd be the first in line to accept his apology after he diddled your kid or schwanked your son in the butt or felt up your little brother, all in the name of God, Jesus and the talking walnut.

This guy is a parasite and should be similarly eradicated as one.

He can say his apologies to God in person.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoalPoster

Isn't forgiveness one of the main proposals of Christianity? Isn't that the whole point of Christianity? If you're truly sorry, so they say, then the Church can't really condemn Mr. O'Brien. Isn't it their duty to offer forgiveness and sanctuary to those who sin?

Yeah, I'll be you'd be the first in line to accept his apology after he diddled your kid or schwanked your son in the butt or felt up your little brother, all in the name of God, Jesus and the talking walnut.

This guy is a parasite and should be similarly eradicated as one.

He can say his apologies to God in person.

I think you misunderstood. The Church allows this stuff to continue, because of their "forgiveness" theory.

I'm not a Christian, it seems to me to be a male homosexual religion. A religion of sexual submission in response to Roman sexual dominance. Women aren't apart of the Christian club. If they want to be a part then they wear black to show they're dead as the baby-making vessels that they're used for by the male homosexual Christians.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by trysts

It would be more accurate to criticize/condemn the particular entity you are referring to.

Seems to me like you are confusing the Roman Catholic Church (organization) with Christianity (religion).

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by KyrieEleison
reply to post by trysts

It would be more accurate to criticize/condemn the particular entity you are referring to.

Seems to me like you are confusing the Roman Catholic Church (organization) with Christianity (religion).

Christianity has as their symbol the loving, pure man of sexuality, roaming the countryside with 12 lovers, preaching the virtues of submission to Roman dominance. Jesus and his apostolic lovers tried to change the sado-masochistic relationship the Jews had with the Romans into a male homosexual love. The Catholic Church provided the secret sanctuaries for male homosexual love to flourish.

Also, to explain this to women--why a man would be loved and followed by 12 other men--miracles were inserted into the story-telling. Women were marginalized for centuries and centuries because Christianity is a male homosexual religion. Women could only be mothers in their religion. The men compromised on an all-powerful, mystical father, while their mother figure remained a virgin, so that jealousy would not cloud their minds.
Jesus' life story is interrupted at the age of twelve, because that is the age when the Jewish men were done having sexual relations with him. Then of course he appears again in his thirties to preach "love" for men.
edit on 5-3-2013 by trysts because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I may be wrong but I don't believe I referred to him as a pedo. Sexual predator, yes absolutely.

He was someone in a position of power and he used the superiority of his position against others in an inferior position. Not only that but he has been vociferous and prolonged in his condemnation of homosexuality.

Your statement.

"So he got wasted and a little hot under the ol' ecclesiastical collar. Oh well. Not like it hasn’t happened to some of the best of us. Let’s not hang him from the wrong tree. "

That statement is belittling the suffering and trauma of the victims. I have to assume you've never been a victim of sexual abuse. I've seen many of your posts over the years and to be honest I thought you were a better human than that. Very sad.
edit on 5-3-2013 by merkins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by misskat1
I think its really interesting that the Bilderberg group had an emergency meeting in Rome in November. I cant help but wonder if they might have something to do with the Popes resignation.
I haven't figured out how to link the article, google "Bilderberg meeting in Rome". Several articles will come up.

I've been saying that ever since the pope's announcement. There's a coup going on in the catholic church. It surprised me though as I had figured the NWO already had control of he catholic church. But it could be the beginning of their move to destroy the Catholic church as was once stated as a primary objective of the Illuminati before they themselves were corrupted and fell from the path of light. It won't end with the catholics though. They want a one world religion and you can take it to the bank that the chosen religion won't be christianity based but will be an oppressive one where people have few rights and loads of responsibilities. A religion with freedoms is anathema to them.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join