It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists announce baby born with HIV is CURED

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jess117
If the mother was HIV positive, the newborn has the mother's HIV-specific antibodies as they are transported across the placenta. The detection of these HIV antibodies could imply the newborn was exposed, but perhaps not infected. Wouldn't the diagnosis HIV in the newborn be problematic because of the omnipresence of maternal HIV antibodies during the first years of life?

The news article I read mentioned the baby being tested positive for the virus based on five seperate tests...including two taken within 31 hours after birth. With such a short amount of time frame to make the diagnosis, it just makes me question this a bit. I'm sure I'm not the only one here.

You are correct, that diagnosis is problematic, and doesn't stand up under scientific scrutiny. The mother's diagnosis seemed like it was a spur of the moment thing, which is also problematic, as many pregnant women produce antibodies that cross react with those tests, causing false positives. It is highly likely that there was nothing wrong with mother or child. The establishment will play it up as they have though, and use it for monetary benefit. claiming their pharmaceutical's cured the baby. No child should be given black box label pharmaceuticals that could kill them, when there is nothing wrong with them in the first place..
edit on 5-3-2013 by D_Mason because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-3-2013 by D_Mason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
reply to post by thesmokingman

Here we are, revealing just some of what viral gene therapy has in store. You can bet your ass if this kid developed an immunity that scientists will be extracting the mutated virus and the mutated protein that kid has to wip up a batch of cures for themselves.

Why would they bother when millions have immunity to HIV already?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

Maybe the Mayans etc were right? Maybe we're evolving and adapting to cope with the otherwise impossible-to-cope-with situation on this degenerate planet of illness and human decadence and despair?

Or maybe the secret to curing AIDS really is to just give them more medicine lol. I don't know. I ain't a doctor. But I'm excited to hear this news.

And about f#cking time at that! I think the children of humanity have endured enough senseless disease and suffering at the hands of corporate pharmaceutical negligence and profit mongering!

Right on kid! Good for him. And here's to hoping they discern the real cause of the cure eh? I find it hard to believe that the reason we haven't fixed AIDS after all these years is because of a dosage inadequacy. I think we can all agree that AIDS (and illness in general) exists not because we haven't the means to prevent it, but because prevention doesn't stack those dolla bills in the hands of those sweaty beady-eyed greed demons
they find all the money in the world to promote mcdonalds and war but god forbid someone spare a handful of imaginary bucks towards healing our f#cking People!!

It's enough to make you wanna swallow a shotgun sometimes... but then stories like these come along to remind you why you bother hanging on to the hope of a better future for us all despite the insurmountable historical evidence to the contrary lol

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAnarchist

the secret to curing aids is giving it to a lot of people and hopefully finding someone who is immune. Lol.

And i don't think that many people are immune to HIV. They are out there. but not common. And it does evolve people. Even your eye color is based on what viral genome you decide to take, upon the possible variations both your parents have to offer. Think about this for a second.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
It would be rightly so to be skeptical at this point with so little information regarding the Mississippi baby's case. You already heard my take on this, haha. This part stood out to me though.

Originally posted by D_Mason
The establishment will play it up as they have though, and use it for monetary benefit. claiming their pharmaceutical's cured the baby.

That's one of my worries with all this.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Jess117 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jinni73

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

And so perhaps it actually is a "proper" cure - albeit not one that anyone reading this can actually use!!
edit on 3-3-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

Yep Anonymous hacked into clearinghouse and nicked the cure some months ago when i bump into my friend ill post the cure on here.

I haven't bumped into my friend yet but i've just found this on the Educateyourself website this is also referenced on ats under this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

educate-yourself.org...
March 30, 1991

March 30 1991, pg 207

Zapping the AIDS virus with low voltage electric current can nearly eliminate its ability to infect human white blood cells cultured in the laboratory, reports a research team at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York City. William D Lyman and his colleagues found that exposure to 50 to 100 microamperes of electricity - comparable to that produced by a cardiac pacemaker - reduced the infectivity of the AIDS virus (HIV) by 50 to 95 percent.

Their experiments, described March 14 [1991] in Washington D.C., at the First International Symposium on Combination Therapies, showed that the shocked viruses lost the ability to make an enzyme crucial to their reproduction, and could no longer cause the white cells to clump together - two key signs of virus infection.

The finding could lead to tests of implantable electrical devices or dialysis-like blood treatments in HIV-infected patients Lyman says. In addition, he suggests that blood banks might use electricity to zap HIV, and vaccine developers might use electrically incapacitated viruses as the basis for an AIDS vaccine.

I would imagine this is what anonymous would of hacked, if i do bump into my mate i'll find out if there's another cure.

also anyone with any other so called terminal illnesses should go to mirrors.wordsforgood.org... website as it explains all about the elites control over a lot of things especially medicine.

posted on Mar, 21 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
well thatch cool- maybe the baby is Jesus Christ- and healed it self- or mutant- Hiv bad-

posted on Jul, 12 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
She was never said to be 'cured' .. they said remission. They will never use the word cured.

It's possible she was cured and reinfected. The mother clearly is not taking good care of the child. No pre-natal care .. stopped giving her HIV medication after 18 months.
edit on 12-7-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:59 AM
link   
There will be a complete cure soon enough:www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

RNA interference will be the biggest thing is this millennium, with the potential to cure anything with ease.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sharted

RNA interference will be the biggest thing is this millennium, with the potential to cure anything with ease.

Will this be able to get to the "reservoirs" of hidden HIV in bone marrow and other places? I am too busy to read much right now.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: Sharted

Will this be able to get to the "reservoirs" of hidden HIV in bone marrow and other places? I am too busy to read much right now.

Pretty much. It works by turning off genes and kinda fooling your body's own immune system into fighting an illness. So far, the link shows they have successfully done this with primates, but they need to iron out some of the bugs before testing on humans. Cancer (any kind), AIDS, alzheimers and pretty much anything else can be cured with RNA interference. The problem is turning off genes one at a time is long and laborious, but we will get there eventually.

posted on Jul, 13 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Draco antiviral is an antivirql they are working on with the possibility of curing aids. wont be out for another 7 years though.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join