It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists announce baby born with HIV is CURED

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

A baby born with the AIDS virus appears to have been cured

AIDS is not a virus its a syndrome..HIV is a virus!

They cant even get the opening sentence correct

This is why people need to go back to the basics. Start reading about viruses what they are. And then they be like : O we humans are viruses? but how? Well its obvious. All those proteins came from viruses. Passed down by niches ( if you don't know what a niche is its a 0.0000001% occurance in genetics. Like a virus * basically a key* putting its key into a cell that is the right lock of spaces of protiens and such. BAM superhuman, well. Superhuman compared to everyone else around them And highly infectious. Then BAM tons of people get sick and die off. But the one dude is looking around huh? He makes some babies and that gene carries on. Suddenly people are like, Well that virus 50 years ago blah blah was eliminated because of medicine

How many people go to the doctor? Not many people go or can afford it. And the people that go regularly are a minority. So that being said. No. Medicine might save SOME people. But a huge chunk of people on this planet can't afford medicine. And this is a fact. So stupid claims like scientists and such blah blah medicine this. NOPE WRONG people evolved, and we only saw lots of trouble in the beginning because why?

WE WERE INTERGRATING IN ANOTHER !@@#$$ ECOSYSTEM
*slams head on desk* God people are stupid!

Everytime another nation travelers and brings seeds and other things, we see another plague. And the black plague... They made sewers but they had no idea they had to keep it flowing otherwise rats would just carry disease back up. That. was a mistake. But you can look back in the passed. Mysterious plagues taking people out. Was all because of explorers guys. Lol. Im just trying to point out the obvious and why i think its logical. But thanks everyone who reads what i have to say. Nothin better then a community of like minded intelligent people

It just so happens that scientists are figuring out all this now. If medicine really made a dent in anything, Would we have epidemics like HIV, Herpes, T-lymphotropic, influenza, The problem is peoples lack of understanding that is that people think when they get these things their life is over. I want to make this very clear. Viruses are controlled by programing. There is no magical divine being watching over those who turn a leaf in sickness. It just takes the right perspective and channeling of certain feelings and motivation, things like this can be understood far much more. That fear has a direct impact in how these things react. And weither you weaken your own immune system with non constructive thoughts.

Soon a lot of light will be shed on these topics and they won't seem so mysterious or complicated. The complicated parts are finding the fomulas for chemical reactions, Mathmatical calculations and such, the easy part is understanding and choreographing known variables for our genetic structure. From the first protein and what RNA it has to the full extent of all proteins and rna codes. Humanity is making it out.

edit on 3-3-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

"Stem Cells are from aborted babies"....what? Can you back that up?

There are many collectable stem cell options.

Where do stem cells come from?
Researchers have discovered several sources of stem cells:

Embryonic stem cells. These stem cells come from embryos that are four to five days old. At this stage, an embryo is called a blastocyst and has about 150 cells.

Adult stem cells. These stem cells are found in small numbers in most adult tissues, such as bone marrow. Adult stem cells are also found in children and in placentas and umbilical cords.

Adult cells altered to have properties of embryonic stem cells (induced pluripotent stem cells). Scientists have successfully transformed regular adult cells into stem cells using a technique called nuclear reprogramming. By altering the genes in the adult cells, researchers can reprogram the cells to act similarly to embryonic stem cells. This new technique may help researchers avoid the controversies that come with embryonic stem cells, and prevent immune system rejection of the new stem cells.

Amniotic fluid stem cells. Researchers have also discovered stem cells in amniotic fluid. Amniotic fluid fills the sac that surrounds and protects a developing fetus in the uterus. Researchers have identified stem cells in samples of amniotic fluid drawn from pregnant women during a procedure called amniocentesis.

Source www.mayoclinic.com...

Cheers
Ektar

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
indigo child

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrypticSouthpaw
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

LOL what? stem cells are from aborted babies. Not living babies. The term stem cell is used because its the building blocks of all cells. Starts in the wome.

Stems cells exist in all human beings.

If you care to read what I was replying to you might be abvle to contribute usefully rather than post this nonsense.

Stem cells have nothing to do with how the baby fought off the disease.

the previous poster was theorising - I am sure he would be happy if you could provide him with the study or studies that show this.

We can get into full on psychic powers and godhood with these paths.

And so the nuttery begins...

edit on 3-3-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
This is not news.

Many 1000´s of people have now been cured of aids using Zappers, to the point that some African governments have now started giving them out as HIV cures, instead of the multinational corporate, useless chemical ´cures´.

Don´t have time to post a link at the moment.. Do some research yourselves if you can´t wait.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Id suggest people do simple google search on Peter Duesberg, he present fascinating info on HIV and how it doesnt cause AIDS. Will definately change your perspective. Here he is on the Joe Rogan Podcast

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Potential AIDS Cure

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

And so perhaps it actually is a "proper" cure - albeit not one that anyone reading this can actually use!!
edit on 3-3-2013 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

Yep Anonymous hacked into clearinghouse and nicked the cure some months ago when i bump into my friend ill post the cure on here.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Key Term: "Pluripotent" (adjective): The capacity to become any cell in the body. Pluripotent stem cells show the most promise for use in stem cell therapies. Embryonic stem cells are pluripotent, adult stem cells are not.

www.bedfordresearch.org...

Yes there are stem cells, but its not what people are referring to know they are talking about *stem cells* its just an abbreviation.

what i'm saying is the important cells happen during fetal development. There is a reason why stem cell research focuses mainly on fetal genetic material.

So, yes i am not being completely transparent and adding fully to the discussion so my apologies.

Types of Pluripotent Stem Cells 1) Embryonic stem cells from fertilized eggs are good models for research, but they have ethical issues, and will have tissue rejection problems (similar to bone marrow and kidney transplants). 2) Parthenote stem cells (derived from unfertilized eggs, "activated eggs") may be as pluripotent as embryonic stem cells, and have been the focus of BSCRF scientists for several years. Studies using monkey parthenote stem cells to treat Parkinson’s disease have been very promising. Parthenotes do not have the potential tissue rejection problems faced by stem cells derived from fertilized eggs. Unlike adult stem cells, parthenotes can potentially become any cell in the body. Less controversial than stem cells that are derived from fertilized eggs. 3) Induced Pluripotent stem cells (derived by adding proteins that reprogram adults cells, reverting them to their embryonic state) "These new cells are expected to live for a very long time while retaining the ability to form all of the different tissues found in a human body." Ian Wilmut, Time, April '08

In order to use adult stem cells, it would require more processes that are not quite fully understood just yet.

So we are sticking with fetuses

*How many kinds of stem cells are there?

The answer to this question is not known with certainty. Researchers in the field divide stem cells into four broad catagories:

adult stem cells,
fetal stem cells,
embryonic stem cells, and
more recently(2007), induced stem cells.*

Do all adult tissues and organs have stem cells? This is not known for certain and is an active area of research. It has long been thought that nerves, such as the spinal cord and brain, heart and kidney are examples of organs that do not contain a reservoir of stem cells. It is possible, however, that these organs and tissues do have a small reservoir of stem cells that may be encouraged to multiply if the right conditions were known. Whether or not sufficient numbers can be produced to cure such problems as Parkinson's Disease and Heart Failure is not known.

What are fetal stem cells? The developing organs and tissues in a fetus contain a relatively large supply of stem cells because they are needed for growth and maturation. The difference between embryonic stem cells and fetal stem cells is the fetal stem cells have matured part of the way to mature cells. For example, if it takes 20 maturation steps for an embryonic stem cell to turn into a mature skin cell, fetal skin cells are at step 10; they are not as mature as adult skin stem cells, but they are past the stage of becoming committed to the liver.

You can imagine that this is not studied to well, but will be figured out in the future to prove the hypothesis further.

Can fetal stem cells repair adult organs and tissues? Possibly. There are currently several problems with the therapeutic use of fetal stem cells. First, fetal tissue research is highly controversial. There are significant moral and ethical issues with the use of fetal tissues for research purposes. Second, the numbers of stem cells in fetal tissues may not be sufficient for the therapeutic needs of adults. Thus, methods need to be developed to greatly expand the supply of fetal stem cells if they are to be therapeutically useful. Third, tissue rejection problems similar to those encountered in kidney and heart transplants may limit the usefulness of fetal stem cells.

We might not see some major breakthroughs till the end of this year, But as for viral advancements. For recovering severed limbs... and super human speed. I can forsee the advancements of stem cell research working with viral engineering to create some people that should not be created lol. Maybe an additional strain? a triple helix?. If we could understand how viruses work completely. We could devise proteins and use the stem cells to add more slots for proteins. But people are already working on this now.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
endoftheamericandream.com...

This has been posted before. Let me quote something here.

omorrow’s soldiers could be able to run at Olympic speeds and will be able to go for days without food or sleep, if new research into gene manipulation is successful. According to the U.S. Army’s plans for the future, their soldiers will be able to carry huge weights, live off their fat stores for extended periods and even regrow limbs blown apart by bombs. The plans were revealed by novelist Simon Conway, who was granted behind-the-scenes access to the Pentagon’s high-tech Defence Advanced Research Projects Agency.

Most gene modification techniques involve placing genetically modified DNA inside a virus and injecting it into the human body. The virus then enters human cells, and its modified DNA attaches itself to the human DNA inside those cells.

You are more Virus than you think

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check these guys threads out

So tell me. My theory of population control. Il wait for the fine people of ATS to soak up what i have found.
Thanks for the reply guys and i ant offended. Il try to be more Accurate.
edit on 4-3-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

A baby born with the AIDS virus appears to have been cured

AIDS is not a virus its a syndrome..HIV is a virus!

They cant even get the opening sentence correct

Yes I was going to say the same thing.
AIDS is developed after HIV virus has chopped away at your immune system for so long and you virtually have no immune system.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
This is not the first case of AIDS being cured. There is are two adults I know of here in Australia that have had amazing recoveries. One was cured through stem cell treatment and is now HIV free from what I can understand and has been in the media over here.

The other person I actually know, and he is a total medical conundrum. He was on death's door with the final stages of the illness - his immunity had almost completely failed and the doctors told him to make his final plans he was that weak. But somehow he just started to get better - nobody knows and scientists are studying him to try and figure out what happened as it would appear that his own immune system fought back against the virus. He is still HIV positive, but the virus has either gone back into it's incubation stage or is now inert.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by thesmokingman

What if HIV was created by man and the tests themselves contain the HIV/AIDS virus? What if HIV hated Vitamin C so much that if you were to take a "mega" dose (oh, I dunno, in the form of Liposomal Vitamin C?) for 2 months, it would vanish because it hates your current "atmosphere."

Just don't call it a "cure" or you'll go to prison.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by markosity1973
This is not the first case of AIDS being cured. There is are two adults I know of here in Australia that have had amazing recoveries. One was cured through stem cell treatment and is now HIV free from what I can understand and has been in the media over here.

The other person I actually know, and he is a total medical conundrum. He was on death's door with the final stages of the illness - his immunity had almost completely failed and the doctors told him to make his final plans he was that weak. But somehow he just started to get better - nobody knows and scientists are studying him to try and figure out what happened as it would appear that his own immune system fought back against the virus. He is still HIV positive, but the virus has either gone back into it's incubation stage or is now inert.

This is what scientists were waiting for when the HIV virus was first tampered with. There are proteins in HIV that can be very very useful if mutated to created a proper protein for it. I imagine the purpose of this. You can imagine HIVs Multi-viral properties. HIV is known to rapidly evolve into different shaped cells which is why its so hard to target. But, i imagine that if this tamed it could possibly be used to convert any cell into a different cell. They were waiting for this to happen so they could nab that guy and extract that genome. The thing about HIV is its a super virus and it it gets tamed you can assure it will evolve up another stage which would produce some pretty deadly viruses that will be hazardous to anyone who does not have the immunity. But beyond this, it can be used to rapidly evolve the human race if they extract that genome. Its somewhat more important than simply just a cure we are talking about a virus that can PWN other disease that try to enter your body if the code is mapped out... but its hard because they evolve before your eyes. But through finding these niches they can isolate them to make a product that can be manufactured not as a vaccine but as a bio-upgrade. W either the gov likes it or not. They will have to offer the bio-upgrades to the public.. because they will wish to further advance the human race beyond tier 1. Make the right choices Big Brother, and tell the people what you are doing.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
If the mother was HIV positive, the newborn has the mother's HIV-specific antibodies as they are transported across the placenta. The detection of these HIV antibodies could imply the newborn was exposed, but perhaps not infected. Wouldn't the diagnosis HIV in the newborn be problematic because of the omnipresence of maternal HIV antibodies during the first years of life?

The news article I read mentioned the baby being tested positive for the virus based on five seperate tests...including two taken within 31 hours after birth. With such a short amount of time frame to make the diagnosis, it just makes me question this a bit. I'm sure I'm not the only one here.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jess117
If the mother was HIV positive, the newborn has the mother's HIV-specific antibodies as they are transported across the placenta. The detection of these HIV antibodies could imply the newborn was exposed, but perhaps not infected. Wouldn't the diagnosis HIV in the newborn be problematic because of the omnipresence of maternal HIV antibodies during the first years of life?

The news article I read mentioned the baby being tested positive for the virus based on five seperate tests...including two taken within 31 hours after birth. With such a short amount of time frame to make the diagnosis, it just makes me question this a bit. I'm sure I'm not the only one here.

Viruses are not a bad thing, they are only when the host does not have the proper keyboard of proteins that the virus has. Try to imagine going into your WIN32 folder ( the folder that runs your computer) and replacing it with some files from linex. This is what happens, It causes errors and the cells screw up.

That baby might have evolved possibly. If so, he may have abilities that others will not when he is mature.
edit on 4-3-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I was more so making a reference towards the time frame of the diagnosis, given that the mother's antigens are still going to be present within the newborn's system for much longer than those few days worth of tests.

That baby might have evolved possibly. If so, he may have abilities that others will not when he is mature.

Don't get me wrong though, I enjoyed the video as it was like a memory lane through my Biology class discussions. It would be great to hear that once more research has been done regarding this.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess117

And this is why we have vaccines, so we can better understand viruses when a niche pops up. Much like this. Thanks for watching the video and i am happy to hear about your fascination with biology. I was a scientist in the time of Atlantis, When i was very very young 5 and younger i have memories. I remember preschool. I remember times before then. I remember me knowing about plants and bacteria. I was odd, i would constantly wash my hands not because people told you you get sick lol. I did play a lot out in the mud and such but i always cleaned up after right away. I remember capturing frogs, salamanders bugs and i wouldn't keep them so much as pets. I would try to create an ecosystem for them so i could watch metamorphosis and this was a very young age. I would capture tadpoles and turn them into frogs same as caterpillars i would find moth larva and caterpillars and feed them build an ecosystem and watch what happens.

I have made frogs lay eggs before when i captured some frogs they mated and made tadpoles it was pretty cool. I would also grab seeds i would find and plant them and watch them grow, i made ant farms. I remember being very very young and always bugging my grandparents to go to the library so i could grab bug books and plant books and look at them. I loved looking at the geometry the colors and reading about the bugs i was looking at as well as the plants. Can say i have always had a passion for science. I just find numbers bland and unexciting but that's something i'm learning as well as continually learning about biology. Currently i germinated some random pepper i ate and a tomato ( who knows if its organic but it tasted like it) and they grew. I think i may see a polyploid but im not sure Need to wait a couple more weeks to see how many off shoots it has. This spring i am building a green house in my backyard, if i can find enough tools i plan on also building a fish farm fed by the green house hydroponics system. I also plan on growing blue green algae. And will learn as much as i can about biology and chemistry so i can enroll in a program and Ace it to get a scholarship and start doing some mad scientist experiments with my own lab

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Jess117

This spring i am building a green house in my backyard, if i can find enough tools i plan on also building a fish farm fed by the green house hydroponics system. I also plan on growing blue green algae. And will learn as much as i can about biology and chemistry so i can enroll in a program and Ace it to get a scholarship and start doing some mad scientist experiments with my own lab

It's always nice to hear from someone with an appreciation for Biology, and I really do mean that. I believe there is so much reward with learning the sciences--just like this potential breakthrough.

I say go for it, and best of luck for the long journey.
(Hopefully you'll have some equally mad/rad science professors when it comes to lab).

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
This is another one of those shake your head headlines. Many women react false positive on those assays simply because they are pregnant. If the woman was black, it is highly unlikely that the doctor even went by proper protocol to rule out cross reactions, they probably just made the diagnosis based on the test, which is malpractice. The baby has moms blood and antibodies, so the baby supposedly tested positive as well. Problem with that is that, we know it takes months for babies to rid themselves of the maternal antibodies. Once the baby does, it will test negative. This is previously scientifically documented and known. Now the baby was put on an expensive and dangerous black box label, high dosage cocktail. Mom stopped giving the baby the medication, which was the right thing to do, unless she wants her child's growth stunted, or wants her child to be retarded or die from the toxic brew. And now the drugs are credited with curing a child who never had HIV in the first place.

<< 1    3 >>

join