It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skulls found in front of Sao Paulo (Brazil) buildings.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the appropriate forum, please move it if not.

Since the articles are in Portuguese, I will try to explain and summarize whats going on.

News 1
News 2
News 3

On February 20 a skull was found inside a plastic bag dropped in a flower pot in front of a building in Sao Paulo's downtown. The Copan Building is mostly residential and a landmark. Dates back to 1951, designed by our most proeminent architet, Oscar Niemayer.

Weird. But not so much. The police took it to forensics to determine the age and who the poor guy was. And, so far, nothing has been said.

On May first another skull was found. Also dropped in front of building (10 minutes away from the first one). The Grande Avenida Building (Grand Avenue Building, in free translation), is located in the Paulista Avenue, arguably Brazil's most famous avenue and financial heart. This time the police said a eyewitness saw, what he described, a gypsy woman (long skirt and whit shirt) leaving the skull and just walking away.

< br />

Again, the police took the skull to foresincs and, besides saying that they both look old, further investigations should determine if there was any connections, grave robberies, the identity of the skulls and who is behind this eerie events.

Now I would like to add a random historical fact here. Although I'm completely lost here, someone could make something our of this;

The Grande Avenida Building, where the second skull was found, have an interesting past. Two fires took place there. The first one on January, 13, 1969. No one got hurt and the fire was contained easily. The second one happened on February, 14, 1981. This time things went bad. 17 deaths and 53 wounded. Luckily it was a Carnival Saturday and there was few people working.

I have no idea why people did this, if there's a connection here or who did it. I just want to share this and see if someone can throw some light in this weird situation. I'm also curious if this is happening somewhere else.

Before the second skull incident, I thought this could be linked with organized crime or some kind of weird disclosure or protest regarding our dark military regime past (1964-1986). Now I'm completely lost. But there's this weird smell about this cases.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Just a quick update.

According to the police, the woman who left the second skull, besides from the eyewitness, was also captured by the building's security camera. I could not find any further info.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theiceone

I just wanted to thank you, for bringing this interesting story to ATS. It takes time to translate the articles so the rest of us can understand it. That was very kind of you. To me, it shows you are considerate and care about what you bring to the ATS table.....

From what I can understand, it sounds like it may be involved with local superstition. The description of the *gypsy* woman made me think this. What are the local religions in this area. Are people in the region drawn to the supernatural.

Thanks...

Des

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Sounds like bad JuJu to me, like some sort of dark voodoo or Santeria curse OR...........I could just watch too many scary movies on the weekends. Interesting though, please keep us updated.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

That's what I was thinking Little. Santaria style curse on someone in the building. Or, a warning of some type.

Des

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Don't make the Gypsy lady mad!

For your listening pleasure:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

it's São Paulo... the population is like 900 million there (11 million). It's not a caribean island where only one religion prevail and the voodoo witches all do their stuff at the same cemetery...

The religion there is certainly ranging from satanism to the most pious forms of christianism, some budhists and everything else in between... much like as it is in NY, or anywhere else with a pop. above the 10 million mark.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by maoklein

So many of the religions, like Santaria are mixes of Catholicism and religious ceremonies and practices from other countries...a lot of them from African origin. Human bones, often times human skulls are an integral part of the ceremonies. This is such an interesting subject. Too many people call these religions cults, when they are not.

They are deep seeded cultural practices by many people.

Keep us informed of any new developments in this story.

Des

edit on 3-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Thank you!

I don't have the exact numbers in hand, but I believe Sao Paulo follows somewhat the national numbers here. According to our latest census almost 90% (87%) of the Brazilian population is christian (64% catholic).

But, as our friend said above, Sao Paulo is a huge cosmopolitan city and you can find whatever you want. What bugs me is where the skulls where found. It's like founding a skull in front a building in the Fifth Avenue.

Let me show 2 pics from the Paulista Avenue;

No further releases have been made by the police. So far no grave robbery is linked with this 2 pieces and the woman is still unidentified. At least according the the official release.
edit on 3-3-2013 by theiceone because: forgot the update

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Thanks for the pics. Based on the locations of the skulls, and the description of the woman who left them there....I'm leaning towards someone placing a curse on a person, or business in those buildings.

Des

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Super eerie...

Seems like someone is trying to get their message heard but the police are either brushing it off or hiding something from the public. Or maybe there isn't enough information to build a solid case, but if 2 human skulls are involved, im shocked more people aren't investigating this.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Hi, usually I'm just reading this forum, but for this I figured I really had to make an account.

I was talking about this story before with a friend of mine, who is from Brasil, and he just mailed me he found this at a forum ( semnocaosn.forumeiros.com... ), i thought it was worth sharing. It seems that this story has another chapter, but they tried to cover this up. Apparently there was also a skull found at the Joelma building, a place that is know to be haunted and has a lot of history (en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joelma_Building). Eversince the fire happened the building has had a bad name, and up until now it is still almost completely empty. So this is a very good motive for the people who run the place to keep this story from being told. The message my friend received from his trusted source is as follows (see translated in google translate below):

Recebi o email abaixo de um amigo que trabalhou no edifício Joelma por 10 anos. Ele saiu de lá no meio de 20

12, mas continua em contato com uma parte dos ex-colegas da firma. Eles tem um grupo que se encontra às segundas-feiras em um bar perto do Joelma e as histórias sobre casos estranhos ocorridos no edifício é frequente nesses encontros. O email foi escrito por um desses ex-colegas. "Sei que já contei essa história pra vocês ontem, mas fiquei de mandar as fotos por email pra quem não acreditou! A velhinha dos crânios, essa que foi presa há poucos dias, atacou também no Joelma! De algum jeito os caras deram uma abafada nessa história porque nenhuma matéria de jornal citou a caverinha do Joelma no mapeamento que fizeram. Deve ser algum esquema dessa empresa de locação do prédio que até hoje tenta evitar assuntos sobre "assombrações" por lá. Quem fotografou o crânio foi o Edson, o alemãozinho do 702. Eu desci junto com ele de elevador e o pessoal da segurança já estava lá a postos pra não deixar ninguém fotografar. As fotos não são muito boas porque o

Edson tentou fazer meio escondido... no fim o segurança desconfiou, mas nem embaçou muito com o celular. Achei que ele pudesse tirar o celular do moleque. As fotos estão no anexo! Pra quem não lembra da velhinha, aí vai uma matéria dela no Balanço Geral: www.youtube.com... Eu achava que era meio história do cara até receber o email com as fotos. Nunca acreditei muito em lugar assombrado, mas certo que esse prédio é cheio de histórias de gente morta e coisas bizarras!

_________

" I received the following email from a friend who worked in the building for 10 years Joelma. He came out in mid-2012, but remains in contact with a part of the firm's former colleagues. They have a group that meets on Mondays in a bar near the Joelma and stories about strange cases that occurred in the building is common in these meetings. The email was written by one of these former colleagues. "I know I've told this story to you yesterday, but I was sending photos

by email to those who do not believe! The old lady of the skulls, the one that was arrested a few days ago, also attacked the Joelma! Somehow the guys gave a steamy this story because no newspaper story cited Joelma on the mapping they did. Must be some scheme of this rental company building that still tries to avoid issues about "hauntings" there. Who photographed the skull was the Edson, the little German in 702. I went with him to the elevator and security personnel were already there in place to not let anyone shoot. The photos are not very good because the Edson tried half hidden ... in the end the safety suspected, but not too fogged with the phone. I thought he could get the kid's cell. The photos are in the attachment! For those who do not remember the old lady, there's a matter of it in Balance Sheet: www.youtube.com... I thought it was a made up story of the guy until i received the email with the pictures. Never believed very haunted pla

ce, but certain that this building is full of stories of dead people and weird things! "

So, the security gards tried to keep him from taking photos - but he did get a few. I put them online here, as they were attached to the email:

Even though this is not a big and major conspiracy, it is likely this is a coverup of a big company as we unfortunately see way to often..
edit on 14-5-2013 by MajicMano because: (no reason given)

top topics

join