It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Google And Bing Maps Control What You Can See

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

So you don't have a decent response and instead decide to make it personal.

Noted.
edit on 4-3-2013 by nomnom because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by nomnom

My response was not in any way "personal".

To phrase it another way - Does it matter to you how the data is "censored" ?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
GAP generator anyone?

"The Gap Generator is a fragile, towering structure that was developed by Albert Einstein for the Allies in Second World War as an offshoot of the Philadelphia Experiment.
BackgroundEdit
It is essentially a giant, U-shaped magnetic coil that causes interference in the atmosphere that prevents enemy units and command interfaces from mapping or exploring a segment of the battlefield in its close proximity. A mobile version of the generator, the Mobile Gap Generator, was also produced during GWWII. A new model was in service during Third World War, which performed the same function, but without the need for the coils to be constantly rotating.
Despite the Gap Generator's ability of creating vast patches of shroud, any Allied unit within the shroud can still be targeted by enemy units, even airstrikes."

cnc.wikia.com...(Red_Alert_1)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Just a few short years ago, NONE of this was on the internet, and only very low resolution images like Landsat were available to the public and high cost.

Now that 99.99999 percent is freely available, people think it is a *right* and express *outrage* that the other 0.000001 percent isnt also theirs to get for FREE.

How times change.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Since when did images of OUR planet, not the Governments planet.. OUR's, thanks.. become a commodity? Why should a government/big corp be able to almost exclusively corner the market in aerial/satt photos and charge for us to see them?

"Here.. here's what we want you to believe is down there."
-- "But wait.. that doesn't make sense. I know there's [insert] at that location. I've seen it with my own eyes and I've seen other pictures of it."
"Oh, we blurred that out because we can. You have to pay us for a clear resolution picture of that spot."
-- "Huh?"
"Oh, and.. as far as that other area you were referring to? You didn't see what you thought you saw. We promise you're wrong and we have your best interest at heart in keeping these images from you."
-- "I.. don't understand."
"That's because you're not meant to. Leave it in our hands, we'll [insert] you over slowly so it wont seem so bad at the time."

Flabbergasted, I say. Just flabbergasted. FOIA should include imagery of our planet.

Oh, you have a top-secret base there? TFB. You either release all the info or expect a [insert]storm when people figure out there's some you're holding back and you're not giving a good reason as to why. I feel like I just heard a 'Trust the Government, they'll never do you wrong' argument in the replied-to post.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by bigdohbeatdown

The source states there have been three world wars?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Xieon

Originally posted by Xieon
reply to post by bigdohbeatdown

The source states there have been three world wars?

He was using a wiki for the video game Red Alert. The Third World War is some time-traveling.. blah.. blah.. blah. Not sure how he thought it referenced our reality or why it was pertinent to this thread, but there ya have it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join