It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Video - Do you know what is this?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Could anyone with military background identify if this is real stuff?
Are those tens of people being killed?
Is this a criminal act?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
It seams like someone nuked the site.

Whats it all about?

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I don't know what this is about, but it seems serious.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Can't find the thread right now, but this was posted earlier as a demonstration of the flexibility of US bombing missions. A fighter jock was in the process of lining up the bomb to hit an insurgent meeting place and everyone took off down the street to engage American forces on the ground. The pilot figured the insurgents were the true target, got permission to target them and took them out.

There was no nuke here. It doesn't even look remotely like a nuke. Besides, if it were a nuke, why even worry about targeting the people. You'd kill them from over a mile away.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaosrain
Can't find the thread right now, but this was posted earlier as a demonstration of the flexibility of US bombing missions. A fighter jock was in the process of lining up the bomb to hit an insurgent meeting place and everyone took off down the street to engage American forces on the ground. The pilot figured the insurgents were the true target, got permission to target them and took them out.

There was no nuke here. It doesn't even look remotely like a nuke. Besides, if it were a nuke, why even worry about targeting the people. You'd kill them from over a mile away.

Ahh, ok

By nuke i meant that www.prisonplanet.com is down (the videolink)

Xon

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
On the video there is a word: "Test" so i doent think this is real people they are killing

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Thats old video thats been on the web for the past few months.

I heard it was a video from last year of some people shoplifting from a CH Martin store. That could be wrong though and it could be insurgents in Iraq.

But I think it's shoplifters.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Looks authentic. When it comes to the mentioned "test" part, this is merely info on the hud or the cam and has nothing to do with the situation. It's just like the other videos we've seen around from Iraq etc. Don't like watching them, but some times one just can't help it...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
this has been shown here many times. It is a US military plane attacking an insurgent stronghold in Iraq. They heard the jet went outside and still got it-end of story

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xon
On the video there is a word: "Test" so i doent think this is real people they are killing

The video looks pretty real to me. I don't see how those people could somehow be 'not real'.

Why would someone think this was fake?

War is a vastly horrible thing.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
this has been shown here many times. It is a US military plane attacking an insurgent stronghold in Iraq. They heard the jet went outside and still got it-end of story

End of story? The last I heard the military was investigating the possible murdering of unarmed civilains. Did they resolve it? Have a link, I'd love to read about it.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:06 PM
link   
This has been on the web for a while and was even on CNN not within the past two weeks.

geo

Xon

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hyperen

Originally posted by Xon

The video looks pretty real to me. I don't see how those people could somehow be 'not real'.

Why would someone think this was fake?

War is a vastly horrible thing.

I was hoping that it was form a computer simulation. Or something but I doent know if it is real or fake. I hope it is fake

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kollapse
It seams like someone nuked the site.

Whats it all about?

the resalution factor it was set for is designed to gather extra light at dark and as a draw back is blinded by excessive light. Just like when you use night vision goggles they tell you not to look at the impact zone or the light will be increased to the point blindness could be caused.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xon

Test is not highlighted notice tgp is selected not test. That is just a selection menu.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It looks peoples have just ended a religious function and they are going back home. This could be the video of one of those wedding parties where most peoples were killed.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
They seem to be rushing to a point. See the triangle shape of people. Most lilkely insurgents rushing to battle with US troops.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thinker
They seem to be rushing to a point. See the triangle shape of people. Most lilkely insurgents rushing to battle with US troops.

ok.......i understand. When large groups gather together, and walk towards a point, they can only be insurgents. This video is not conclusive, only a military investigation could decide.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
This video is not a fake. I saw it on Sky News and I have a copy on my PC.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The Pentagon has confirmed it's legit.
It's from April 2004 in Fallujah Iraq.

Here's some details on the video:

Channel 4 News
"This video is indeed gun film footage from a US Air Force F-16 fighter. The mission was not "recent", it was in April 2004. This was a close air support mission, flown by an F-16 Fighting Falcon in the Fallujah vicinity, and under the control of a Joint Terminal Attack Controller serving with ground forces in the area. The JTAC designated the target and confirmed the hit."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join