It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry says 190M to Egypt

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
God, I thought we were fu#kin broke, ready to lay off 170 million people already. Guess not. Thanks Obama for curing our problem. I am just so sick of the lies, the betrayment, the fakery.

U.S. to give Egypt $190 million in budget help: Kerry - See more at: www.chicagotribune.com...

CAIRO (Reuters) - The United States will give Egypt $190 million to support the government's budget, Secretary of State John Kerry said on Sunday. - See more at: www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Apparently, the State Department and foreign meddl...err...Aid, is among those areas 100% exempt from sequestration. Funny how that works. We MUST cut meat inspectors, airport security men and janitors at the White House but the flow of cash to nations around the world must go on and increase!

(After all, without American dollars flowing like sewage these days, what would we have for leverage around the world? .....then again... I think it's too expensive to keep, too)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Couldn't agree more. It's just so damn hypocritical. Maybe that's what iritates me the most.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Drop in the bucket compared to how much the US sends to the Jews every year.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
190M is better than the billion we used to give them. Isn't it nice that we give money we don't have to other countries while people in our country goes without.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Gridrebel

I have tried to stay away from the Obama trappings, but its too easy not to.

As a Country we are broke, beyond fixing.

And then you have things like this happening. WHY are those who supported him as their next President, NOT holding him to the same accountability as the evil Bush was?

Im waiting.............

S&F

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
if that ticks you off then your heads going to pop off when you see how much Israel is getting...

3.1 billion! plus another 100 million in military assistance and 15 million to help refugees pitch tents on Palestinian land.

They only have 7.5 million people, so thats like 500 bucks for every Israeli.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

And then you have things like this happening. WHY are those who supported him as their next President, NOT holding him to the same accountability as the evil Bush was?

Im waiting.............

S&F

I would not call it an Obama "trapping". He is hardly innocent here. But otherwise, I agree with you.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by FirstCasualty
if that ticks you off then your heads going to pop off when you see how much Israel is getting...

3.1 billion! plus another 100 million in military assistance and 15 million to help refugees pitch tents on Palestinian land.

Yup.... and back here in the states we have military Vets on the streets homeless. This is repulsive.
edit on 3-3-2013 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Of course that pisses me off. But that was already in the budget. This is NEW. It ALL sucks. Love how Obama wants to scare us with lack of our necessities while he is buying popularity on our dime.
edit on 3-3-2013 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
The Muslim Brotherhood gives all praise to Allah, and blessings to the great prophet Obama.

Death to Israel, Death to America.

Allahu Akbar

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'd sure want to say, before this turns into an Israel vs. everyone else for aid type thread, I've heard no one defending aid to them any more than aid to anywhere else. The last reasons Israel had for needing massive handouts are pretty well gone or going. They have a domestic arms industry that is world class and doesn't need our help anymore. After all, Patriots work some of the time ... Iron Dome REALLY works. Who needs to be helping whom, I'd ask at this point?

Nope.. they can just get taken off the Government tap too, as far as I'm concerned. No one area can really be cut in isolation, but that's just fine with me. It means they ALL get cut to keep it fair and keep from creating a new strategic imbalance by dollar changes alone.

I say, end ALL aid outside immediate disaster/emergency related events. Not chronic or ongoing either. EMERGENCY events. Like Quakes or Volcanoes or an invasion from mars. Whatever... but no more generational welfare on the international level, is my thinking....for anyone. (To thy ownself be true, too)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yup! They don't NEED aid any more. Neither does Egypt. It's just kissing a$$. Mean while, we have people losing jobs, homes, independance. No problem.

edit on 3-3-2013 by Gridrebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

What gets me also, is that it appears Kerrys whole mission, at the cost of the American taxpayers, was to get Egypt signed on to a big loan from the IMF.........

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Saturday it is vital that Egypt revive its economy and that the country's fractious political parties reach agreement on painful economic reforms to secure an IMF loan.

The country's foreign currency reserves have dived to little more than a third of levels before the 2011 revolution and the budget deficit is soaring as a sliding Egyptian pound pushes up the cost of state subsidies for imported fuel and food.

"It is paramount, essential, urgent that the Egyptian economy get stronger, that it gets back on its feet," Kerry told Egyptian and U.S. business executives in Cairo. "It's clear to us that the IMF arrangement needs to be reached."

Source

It appears the IMF is up to their same ole same ole in buying up countries by loaning them fiat currency....and the good ole USA is being the salesmen...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Im waiting.............

S&F

Can you show the people who supported Bush that held him accountable for anything?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

If you do some checking America paid more for Israeli defense than Israel did.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Can you show the people who supported Bush that held him accountable for anything?

Ill let Snoop tell ya.......

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Im waiting.............

S&F

We're in the HERE and NOW. Why the blame game? Wasn't OBAMA supposed to be CHANGE? You know, something different, maybe honest, responsible even? Trying to blame Bush for Obama's actions is just soooo lame.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gridrebel

Trying to blame Bush for Obama's actions is just soooo lame.

I didn't see another Republican get elected AFTER Bush.

That had to say something, right?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join