Sometimes I can't un-flag threads

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Say I flag a thread - sometimes I'll be able to un-flag it and other times I can't. Why is that? It's not much of an issue. I'm just curious on why that happens. Thanks

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I think that after 24 hours you can't change your mind.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I'm surprised that you can unflag at all. News to me.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Here's a thread that I can unflag.

A little hard to see, but I believe you can see the unflag button.
edit on 3-3-2013 by blahxd67 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by blahxd67

Browser add-ons and plug-ins can cause functionality issues with such things. If you have any running I'd suggest turning them off, one at a time, to see if that changes the situation.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

Browser add-ons and plug-ins can cause functionality issues with such things. If you have any running I'd suggest turning them off, one at a time, to see if that changes the situation.

What add-ons do you think would most likely cause this kind of issue? And what kind of issue are we talking about here? Being able to unflag threads or not being able to unflag them?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Specifically the issue of intermittently not being able to unflag threads. As for what I mean by add-ons or plug-ins would vary from browser to browser - but in essence anything that blocks specific communications between ATS and your computer. This can include things like noscript, ghostery, do not track me, etc. As well as scripts that the T&C's forbid. Discussion of those doesn't need to arise for the base message to be applied universally.

Also if you're using any sort of security browser - like Comodo, the same can apply.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Specifically the issue of intermittently not being able to unflag threads. As for what I mean by add-ons or plug-ins would vary from browser to browser - but in essence anything that blocks specific communications between ATS and your computer. This can include things like noscript, ghostery, do not track me, etc. As well as scripts that the T&C's forbid. Discussion of those doesn't need to arise for the base message to be applied universally.

Also if you're using any sort of security browser - like Comodo, the same can apply.

Got ya. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Maybe you shouldn't flag threads you might not want to flag later?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

I disagree with this. Browser add-ons provide much needed security against spyware, tracking, and other cyber threats. I don't think it's responsible to suggest turning them off just so a thread can be unflagged.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala

I disagree with this. Browser add-ons provide much needed security against spyware, tracking, and other cyber threats. I don't think it's responsible to suggest turning them off just so a thread can be unflagged.

That's true. I care more about security than being able to unflag a thread. It doesn't bother me enough to turn off my addons.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentKoala

The OP wanted to know why he could not unflag threads. I offered a plausible cause and a method of verifying if my theory was correct or not. I never said "Turn off all of your plug-ins and add-ons every time you are on ATS." Anything that a person can turn off, they can turn back on...

new topics
top topics

join