It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen Elizabeth Hospitlized

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by NeoVain

Tell me what power she has? which isn't just cerimonial, she can advise our PM but seeing her vast experience on the world stage she would be a person I would take advice from.

Exactly.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Do you know anything about history? Kings have been beheaded for trying to rule themselves, we vote people in, she is just like a mascot really.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

The U.K is one of the worst countries in the world to live in ATM,

Is it?
Please explain how you come to that conclusion.

Sure we've got our problems - thing's aren't as good as they should be and they certainly appear to be getting worse but calling it one of the worst countrys in the world is a bit of a stretch really isn't it.

and unlike in sweden, the queen has some power left.

And what power's may they be?

This means the missery in U.K is partly her to blame.

How so?
What could she personally do to make things better?
Would you have her intefere in the running of the country - wouldn't that be granting her more powers?

And here you are honoring her?

There's a difference between showing respect for an 86 year old woman and honouring someone.

For all the suffering she inflicted?

Excetly WHAT suffering has she inflicted and upon who?
edit on 4/3/13 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   

reply to post by NeoVain

One of the worse countrys to live in? are you high? we are lucky to be here, we get free health care, can vote and get a free education....tell me again this country is one of the worse places to live.
edit on 4-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Since you didn´t notice, all countrys are like that nowadays. But it´s also about the air you breathe, the weather you have to endure, the feeling of powerlessness when you have no guns and the criminals get what they want.

Cause they got the guns.

Ask anyone from U.K, there are plenty here on ATS and they are pretty verbal of how "good" they have it. They hate it, and they blame the queen.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by NeoVain

Do you know anything about history? Kings have been beheaded for trying to rule themselves, we vote people in, she is just like a mascot really.

Yeah and since you believe that, she was successful. Now she can rule without the chance to get beheaded, just blame someone else, right?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

BS pure and simple BS, many Brits on ATS always stick up for our queen just read the threads.
All countrys have free healthcare? free education? once again are you high? you need to travel to places like India Africa and many others.
Heck I assume you come from the states...Healthcare free for all there is it now?
Oh and why bother bringing up guns? we can own guns if we want heck I have a gunsmith a mile away from my house.
www.aaronwheelergunsmith.co.uk...

Just takes a police check and a decent place to store it and I can go and buy one.
We in the UK do not feel the need to own a gun we are not all scared people you know.
Oh also Most people on ATS means feck all, look at the ratings she has had from the general public in the past few years.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I made my point. You made yours.

Let us see who is correct, in the end.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Seeing your points are just wrong (Factually) I think I will do ok.
1) you said the UK is the worst country to live in...wrong.
2) You go on that we gave up our guns....wrong.
3 ) Most Brits blame the queen for everything...wrong.
4) most countrys have free healthcare education etc....wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Removed my comment as it went off topic but I wish the old lady well but I don't give her my allegiance as I am a Christian and have only one king. still fancy telling the world she had the sh**'s what were they thinking.
edit on 4-3-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Neo is from Norway!

I wonder what their royal family has done to the benefit of the world!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The role of the Norwegian monarch;

The King's functions are mainly ceremonial. He ratifies laws and royal resolutions, receives and sends envoys to foreign countries and hosts state visits. He has a more tangible influence as the symbol of national unity. The annual New Year's Eve speech is one venue where the king traditionally raises issues dealing with negative aspects in society. The King is also High Protector of the Church of Norway (the state church), Supreme Commander of the Norwegian armed forces and Grand Master of the Royal Norwegian Order of St. Olav and the Royal Norwegian Order of Merit

en.wikipedia.org...

The role of the UK monarch;

The monarch and immediate family undertake various official, ceremonial, diplomatic, and representational duties. As the monarchy is constitutional, the monarch is limited to non-partisan functions such as bestowing honours and appointing the Prime Minister. The monarch is by tradition Commander-in-chief of the British Armed Forces. Though the ultimate formal executive authority over the government of the United Kingdom is still by and through the monarch's royal prerogative, these powers may only be used according to laws enacted in Parliament, and, in practice, within the constraints of convention and precedent.

The sovereign is the Supreme Governor of the established Church of England. Archbishops and bishops are appointed by the monarch, on the advice of the Prime Minister, who chooses the appointee from a list of nominees prepared by a Church Commission. The Crown's role in the Church of England is titular;

en.wikipedia.org...

Not much difference there then and it seems pretty clear to me that both roles are predominantly ceremonial and serve as some sort of unifying national figure head with very little, if any, real power.

I have highlighted the important points relating to the limitations and extent of the UK monarch's 'power'.

So why would anyone wish to see an 86 year old woman suffer in such a manner?

Guess some people are just hateful.
edit on 5/3/13 by Freeborn because: Forgot links

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join