It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen Elizabeth Hospitlized

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

It's news because of her age, who/what she is and due to the fact that it has been 10 years since she was last hospitalised!

But if Lindsay Lohan farts it's news and no-one questions it!
If Paris Hilton breaks a heel it's news and no-one questions it!

The lady deserves some respect, she has offered her life to the UK and you people feel justified in spitting on her!

I hope she gets well soon and her reign lasts another ten years at least! By my calculations that could cost you each less than the price of a burger!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Watchfull

The Rome connection is very coincidental, I agree. So much actually, it's impossible to ignore. Which is why I also flagged it in my earlier post. Maybe you missed it, but what are your thoughts on the link I posted in relation to this?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

A Pope retires because he is too frail to continue in the job. Britain's top Catholic resigns after admitting sexual misconduct. An 86 year old woman is in hospital with gastroenteritis and therefore cancels her engagements for the rest of the week.

I really don't see any conspiracy here.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimoniousfinale

A Pope retires because he is too frail to continue in the job. Britain's top Catholic resigns after admitting sexual misconduct. An 86 year old woman is in hospital with gastroenteritis and therefore cancels her engagements for the rest of the week.

I really don't see any conspiracy here.

Then, you wouldn't see a conspiracy anywhere, even if it jumped in front of your car screaming: "I am a conspiracy!"

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Back to a conspiracy angle ....

I find it interesting that the Queen was scheduled to be in Rome for a few days which coincided with the Pre-Conclave meetings that the Cardinals are holding. And this stomach bug made her cancel her trip.

Coincidence that she planned to be there pre-conclave? Maybe.
Coincidence that she can't go because of a stomach bug? Maybe.

Anyways ...stomach bugs are nasty and on the elderly they are even worse.
I wish her - and anyone else suffering - better health.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
It is a stomach bug people, i understand the queen is very important, but COME ON. So shes a sick, she will get better, i understand she is old and probably has a lower immuno response to viruses and sickness, but due to her royalt i am sure the hospital will have her up and running again in no time.

People that arent royalty and do great for communities and whatnot die/get severly injured and sick everyday some of malicious acts and some of natural causes, and noone cares about them. i dont understand why. they are people too.

I dont understand why when the prince, or queen stub their toe, or get a skinned knee everyone freaks out. they are just people, like you and I, they shouldnt be treated as gods greatest gift to earth.

When Princess Diana passed, that was real news. she was an amazing woman, with a heart the size of the jupiter.
I honestly dont think the royal family liked her very much, because she payed attention to, and gave help/hope to the sick,poor,hungry,people way worse off than them.

The Princess, came as a blessing to so many people and their families

I think in the queens eyes she shouldve never bothered with those peasants, and that is disheartening.

I also believe there was alot of jealousy between the fam and her due to all her publicity.
Her death is still very sketchy,and there are a lot of loose ends that have never been tied up.

hopefully The Queen gets better and people can rest easy again, but for the worlds sake, She Is just a Person.,crown, tiara, or whatever, still just human beings. we all bleed the same color..unless were a zombie, Then i dont know what color it would be.
edit on 4-3-2013 by dirtybird because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by threewisemonkeys
reply to post by Maxatoria

I won't reply to most of your post, as much as I would like to dissect it. I will exit this thread with this brief statement. My wife is a care assistant. She looks after old people in their homes (as difficult as this Queens government is making it), which avoids the need for them to be taken into care (where they are mistreated and often die thanks to neglect). The amount of attention given to this Queen is disproportionate in the extreme (it is an affront to be exact). I have far more respect and empathy for someone in a poorly condition who perhaps spent most of her life as an NHS nurse that a pompous freeloader who thinks she has a god given right to take what she wants, by force if necessary. Her rent boys don't make things any easier. I don't wish her dead, but if that happens, good riddance.
edit on 3-3-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

I too work as a care assistant in an old folks home and every single one (the old folk) who could understand what was going on showed me today on shift that they were really worried about our Queen, they remember her during WW2 and how she helped, they speak of her with upmost respect and pride.
She can not retire she has to go on, she has over 300 engagements last year and didn't miss one, she works for us the people.
I understand your fustration with care of the old and more needs to be done maybe getting staff in who give a damn about the job would be a start
(sorry some of the muppets I work for do not give a toss)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I hope shes ok, She has been a true rock for this country. I know a lot of people hate the royals (mainly out of jealousy for their wealth and power) but i think think they do a lot of good for the country.

Long live the queen

I assume you are of an older generation than myself given your love for the parasites

Im 33, dont know a single person to like the royals...only people my grandparents age like them it seems.
Im not jealous of them, their wealth isnt really theirs its the Crowns, and the power they hold is minimal to what you believe they have. (the crown is the corporation, the queen is its chairman)

They are the biggest scroungers in the country, and wouldnt be missed by the majority of the population if they were all to disappear. Chosen by god, god created a 1 man corporation just for them LOL its laughable in this day and age.

Royals = Unwanted parasites

edit on 3-3-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

I'm 32 and don't know anyone who does not like the Queen, guess it's where you live, who you hang around with etc. I for one don't label them a parasite, sure the extended family possibly but not the Queen and her children. The Royals bring in a lot of revenue and you're saying that they are the biggest scroungers? Are you off your head? Mate I come across all sorts and see a side of this country you don't even know exists and believe me there are bigger scroungers in this country that are costing us billions and contribute absolutely nothing other than crime rates, NHS bills and passing on their degenerate ways to their degenerate children. So you sit there giving it the liberal view of hating the royals, spread the wealth, love all, etc etc. Believe me, I've probably seen more and experienced more of the reality of this country than you ever have and the Royals certainly are not the biggest scroungers in this country, not by a long shot, not for what they bring in and not for being the few things left that are British. I'd rather have them still, than turn in to a bland republic and yet still be shafted with nothing to show for it!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Having a monarch is completely pointless. It's sad how British people worship the royal family. They're basically the Kardashians with a bigger house. Elizabeth's "job" must not be very hard if she can do it at 90 years old.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Back to a conspiracy angle ....

An angle I still don't see ...

I find it interesting that the Queen was scheduled to be in Rome for a few days which coincided with the Pre-Conclave meetings that the Cardinals are holding. And this stomach bug made her cancel her trip.

Coincidence that she planned to be there pre-conclave? Maybe.

But surely her trip would have been planned months, possibly years, in advance.

Coincidence that she can't go because of a stomach bug? Maybe.

If I had gastroenteritis today, I wouldn't be at work tomorrow. Would you? Moreover, as a viral and highly contagious infection, there would have been serious criticism of the Queen, and rightly so, had she travelled and met others (and we are talking octagenarian Cardinals here, not youthful choirboys) in her condition.

No, try as I might, all I see are two unrelated incidents (the Pope's resignation and the Queen's illness) and a lot of people turning coincidence into conspiracy.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda

I admire the Queen for her life time of duty, honor and patriotism to her Country.

Anyone else have a thought?
edit on 3-3-2013 by Glinda because: To fix a typo

When did the Queen ever do anything for anyone ? Unless you regard sitting on a throne, pooping Tiffany cufflinks, as a lifetime of duty.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

What if 'The King is dead, Long live The King'? She is an old woman...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by starfoxxx

What if 'The King is dead, Long live The King'? She is an old woman...

edit on 3/4/2013 by dragnik because: adding video

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by broctune

LOL HELLA TRUE

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

please feed her more gold, my girl could use a free tiffany necklace, and maybe a bracelet too, but really i dont understand why these people are worshipped theyre just people, playing fairytale, only its real life and dummies buy it.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimoniousfinale

Did she really have Gastroenteritis? To believe she did would require believing her official spokespeople. Honest people? Don't know. It would require trusting the people that bring the 'news' to be vigilantly informed and vigorous with the facts. Um, not sure. Ultimately though, it would require faith in those people responsible for the best interests of their peoples. Fail.

Of course, such things as skullduggery, espionage, conspiracy, subterfuge and cloak and dagger only exist in the works of fiction. As for secret societies, move along.

You heard it on the radio, you seen it on the TV show.

Must be true then.
edit on 4-3-2013 by FlesyhTwonk because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-3-2013 by FlesyhTwonk because: Fixing youtube linky poos.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by dirtybird

Not worshipped pal,,,respected for her services to the people of Britain and the people of the commonwealth. She is always on duty she can not retire and If you do not know what she does why not research it and come back and tell me If you as an 87 year old would do the same.
She makes the UK money and does a lot for international relations etc, she looks after the peoples treasures and draws in a good crowd wherever she goes.
Glad she is out now and is getting better.
Now Liz go and open another hospital wing and sort out the Chinese state visit ok? you have had enough time off now get back to work

edit on 4-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
people get stomach bugs everyday. who cares?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glinda
Per the "siren" on the Drudge Report, Queen Elizabeth has been Hospitlized with a "stomach bug."

BBC News - Queen in hospital with stomach bug, Buckingham Palace says
www.bbc.co.uk...

Even removing the "breaking" nature of the story (sadly even the healthiest people of QE 's years take seriously ill w/a virus) it is odd the timing (to me). The world's finances are crashing and burning across Europe; the Pope, for the first time in over 1400 years, resigns. Across the pond in the US is itself teetering.

I admire the Queen for her life time of duty, honor and patriotism to her Country. I send a prayer for her recovery...but the timing of her illness, it's announcement and her place in history juxtaposed with other concurrent events just stunned me.

Anyone else have a thought?
edit on 3-3-2013 by Glinda because: To fix a typo

That stance baffles me. The U.K is one of the worst countries in the world to live in ATM, and unlike in sweden, the queen has some power left. This means the missery in U.K is partly her to blame. And here you are honoring her? For all the suffering she inflicted?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Tell me what power she has? which isn't just cerimonial, she can advise our PM but seeing her vast experience on the world stage she would be a person I would take advice from.
One of the worse countrys to live in? are you high? we are lucky to be here, we get free health care, can vote and get a free education....tell me again this country is one of the worse places to live.
edit on 4-3-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join