It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen Elizabeth Hospitlized

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Per the "siren" on the Drudge Report, Queen Elizabeth has been Hospitlized with a "stomach bug."

BBC News - Queen in hospital with stomach bug, Buckingham Palace says
www.bbc.co.uk...

Even removing the "breaking" nature of the story (sadly even the healthiest people of QE 's years take seriously ill w/a virus) it is odd the timing (to me). The world's finances are crashing and burning across Europe; the Pope, for the first time in over 1400 years, resigns. Across the pond in the US is itself teetering.

I admire the Queen for her life time of duty, honor and patriotism to her Country. I send a prayer for her recovery...but the timing of her illness, it's announcement and her place in history juxtaposed with other concurrent events just stunned me.

Anyone else have a thought?
edit on 3-3-2013 by Glinda because: To fix a typo

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
God save the queeeen!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I hope shes ok, She has been a true rock for this country. I know a lot of people hate the royals (mainly out of jealousy for their wealth and power) but i think think they do a lot of good for the country.

Long live the queen

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Tis true. Even with the best of care she's still almost 90. Stuff happens at that age. I just hope she "arranges" for William to ascend. Damn, I'd hate to think what the monarchy would become with Bland Charles at the reigns for 25 years.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Well i hope she'll be okay

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sam_inc

Or at least doesn't kick off on March 15 or 22. We'd never hear the end of it!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

OK, my curiosity is piqued. What does that mean?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I don't know what the world would do without the world's oldest living fossil. this one's for the tranny's out there...God shave the Queen!

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
I hope shes ok, She has been a true rock for this country. I know a lot of people hate the royals (mainly out of jealousy for their wealth and power) but i think think they do a lot of good for the country.

Long live the queen

I assume you are of an older generation than myself given your love for the parasites

Im 33, dont know a single person to like the royals...only people my grandparents age like them it seems.
Im not jealous of them, their wealth isnt really theirs its the Crowns, and the power they hold is minimal to what you believe they have. (the crown is the corporation, the queen is its chairman)

They are the biggest scroungers in the country, and wouldnt be missed by the majority of the population if they were all to disappear. Chosen by god, god created a 1 man corporation just for them LOL its laughable in this day and age.

Royals = Unwanted parasites

edit on 3-3-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I'm glad the first couple responses have been kind...

I want to elaborate on why this news struck me (an American) so. I see the Queen as a stalwart of our time. I view her as an contemporary historical figure who but duty and Country above all else. A unique, yet stable persona for a troubled time. To have a minor illness ("stomach bug") reported just makes me wonder if sadly something more is physically wrong. The world just feels "not right" these day) like a profound change is occurring, and now QE has been added to the news cycle. I do pray for her recovery.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
She's in hospital with the #s and this is news?

a condition which can cause vomiting and diarrhoea

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Only kidding.
don't take it seriously brits. I know you love your Queen, even if you are treated like doormats.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

OK, my curiosity is piqued. What does that mean?

March 15th is the day Caesar was offed. As in Beware the Ides of March. e tu, Brute?

And March 22, is the 33rd anniversary of the Guidestones. 3-22, being Skull and Bones insignia.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePeopleParty
She's in hospital with the #s and this is news?

a condition which can cause vomiting and diarrhoea

You DO know that the flu kills the very young and the very old, right?

Glinda, no worries. I'm Canadian. I've got a feeling the UK members are not going to be as compassionate as we are.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I sense there is only one correct response one can give in this thread and would bet that anyone having the opposing viewpoint would be flamed so in light of that,

I hope she'll be ok.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeopleParty

Given half a chance some would be right behind her eating her squirts and thanking her for the privilege. Think one posted already. Anybody who thinks they have a god given right to keep a nation of servents, well, crapping yourself to death is getting off a bit too lightly if you ask me. As for it being jelousy of her wealth. Look, I'll stack all her cash in a big pile, stick her on top, and do her Nov 5th style (after she's dead of course). Sound good?

edit on 3-3-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Long live the queen

I assume you are of an older generation than myself given your love for the parasites

Im 33, dont know a single person to like the royals...only people my grandparents age like them it seems.
Im not jealous of them, their wealth isnt really theirs its the Crowns, and the power they hold is minimal to what you believe they have. (the crown is the corporation, the queen is its chairman)

They are the biggest scroungers in the country, and wouldnt be missed by the majority of the population if they were all to disappear. Chosen by god, god created a 1 man corporation just for them LOL its laughable in this day and age.

Royals = Unwanted parasites

edit on 3-3-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

You cannot blame someone who holds a title due to an "accident of birth" If you mother had been born to be Queen and you as Prince Of Wales would you be saying the same thing? I know what my answer to that would be.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I'm pretty much apathetic towards the Royal Family - as long as they don't interfere in the running of the country and they don't cost much I view them more as a quaint, old anachronism - a bit like an eccentric old Aunt who you trot out at Christmas and other family bashes.

She may be removed from the realities of life that face the majority of us, (but not as far removed as her eldest son), but I think she is well intentioned at heart and try's to conduct herself with dignity.

I bear her no ill will and hope she recovers soon.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by alldaylong

That you are superficial? There is no need to have more money than you can comfortably live on. It's just greed, and there is no excuse for it.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Glinda

So are you saying she should have delayed having a stomach bug until after a new Pope has been appointed and the world's economies recovered?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join