It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can it be done?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the right forum...

Is it possible to live only on cash?

No debit cards. No checks. No credit cards. Cash transactions only.

30 day challenge. Pay for EVERYTHING with cash only.

Can it be done?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yes

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
That is how I live now. Much longer than 30 days. I don't use banks anymore at all.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I've been living that way for over twenty years. Yes it's possible.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

Indeed it is! Lived that way up until 8 years ago when a lot of companies decided they wouldn't hire people unless they had a bank account to direct deposit their paycheck into. Since then I just go to the bank on payday and take all but a few dollars out and do business with cash. No matter what you may be hearing I have yet to find any place that turns down hard, cold cash!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

But, will it blend?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
So how do you guys pay utilities, cellphone etc etc?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by davjan4
So how do you guys pay utilities, cellphone etc etc?

I pay most of mine (utilities- lights, phone, cable & internet, gas) at the courtesy window in the grocery store, except cell phone- I go to the cell phone place to pay that one. They charge a dollar a piece to pay the bills in person whether it's by cash, check or credit. For insurance I go to my insurance agency to pay and pay my trash bill at city hall. I have one bill that I mail off, but you can get a money order for any bills you need to drop in the mail. There is always some place where you can go in person to pay your bills- they WANT your money.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Yes, it can be done. I closed my checking account when the ceased to have a minimum amount for which I would not be charged a monthly fee. Ta hell with them. My darlin' and I pay for everything in cash. Yes, we have two credit cards, and yes, we use them. We pay the bills in cash.

We are continually simplifying. It's a good thing. I knew I'd never be rich, at least financially. I'm rich in the way that matters to me.

I think it must be difficult-to-impossible for a person who courts big business to live on a cash basis. I also think that eventually banks (at least those in the U.S.) will influence legislation such that it becomes almost impossible to simply cash checks(cheques). Certainly credit ratings and all that have leaned strongly in that direction. I would guess that it's a giant red flag in a few governmental agencies to buy a house, condo or apartment with cash.

I like it. If I don't have the dough, I can't get it. I must actually do what governments can't or won't -- I must save a budget for it. Pretty simple.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I don't do it usually but it could easily be done, why not? I don't get what's so hard about it?

As long as I can use money orders to pay some bills that are too far away and have to be sent by mail.

I just use my card for convenience but I could just as easily walk in and say "put $50 on pump #6....

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I basically do it (use cash) with the exception of bills. I can't pay my mortgage in cash, for example, or insurance, etc. Especially since I'm in a rural area, it would cost me some wasteful money in gas to try and pay cash for everything.

Could I? Yes, if I feel like sending cash in the mail. Would I? No, cash is great, but if another medium is better, I'll use it.

I do buy any ammunition, survival goods, etc. with cash though.

new topics

top topics

join