It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sperling Admits . . . The President Did Propose the Sequester

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Oh...I wasn't baiting you into defending Boehner. I was aiming at the OP topic...Who proposed the sequester.

From the evidence we have I get this much...

Either Boehner or Pres. Obama proposed it in a backroom deal...conflicting and uncertain evidence as to whom.

Boehner took full credit for the idea...inside his caucus...to his caucus in the Power-Point Presentation...and in the Media after the deal was struck..the CBS interview right afterwards where he proclaimed "I got 98% of what I wanted, I am pretty happy with the deal"

Now...It's entirely possible that Boehner and Obama agreed that the only way Boehner could bring his Caucus on board and save face would be for Boehner to claim it was his idea..."How to hold the President accountable" as the Power-Point presentation says. AND Obama desperatly needed to save face with everyone saying he was a failed leader of GOP, he lost control of his party etc. etc.

So what we know for sure...Boehner took full credit at the time...and now he is saying it was the Presidents idea. We don't know for certain if it was originally the Presidents idea.

We do know for certain that it never would have been an option if the GOP hadn't splintered and refused to raise the debt ceiling and screwed the economy briefly, panicked markets and earned us a Credit Downgrade etc.

So any way it played out in the backroom...infering that the Sequester was Pres. Obama's will seems dishonest.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
I think people are missing it. The sequestor is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

edit on 3-3-2013 by GreenGlassDoor because: Video fix

edit on 3-3-2013 by GreenGlassDoor because: Third try

Oh yes! Obama did in fact propose the Sequester.

Obama caught in another lie. Are we suppose to keep track? How many so far?

---------
Titanic Analogy: From the bridge we saw the ice berg

Sequester Effect: Change course 5 degrees Port !

Ripple Effect: The USA is saved!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
- Double Post -
edit on 7-3-2013 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

As for Sequester being President's Obama's baby, it's his OWN White House people who are saying it as much as anyone else. However reluctantly they've admitted that, they have actually come right out to say it. Obama thought this sucker up and he pursued it to the bitter end.

Now, having said that..... Well, Boehner and Obama are both equal bastards. As you note. Boehner could have ended this in December. He chose not to. He COULD have done something at any point since it was passed and the Grand Debt Committee utterly failed. He chose not to. He could have done more to work on it this last round before just accepting that it was a cooked bird. Again, he chose not to.

So, it seems to me and not in real disagreement with you here, that Obama and Boehner have both, in their own ways and to their own sides of the isle, done everything to make this whole thing happen. Who thought it up is important to clarify, but doesn't define who made it actually come to reality. It took them BOTH for that.....and it took them both with enthusiasm, IMO.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Indeed, what more can you ask for with regard to proof?
Sperling says it is Obama's, it is Obama's.
You would think that some people would stop saying otherwise. maybe some of the cyberwarriors didn't get the memo.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

Indeed, what more can you ask for with regard to proof?
Sperling says it is Obama's, it is Obama's.
You would think that some people would stop saying otherwise. maybe some of the cyberwarriors didn't get the memo.

Obama tried to run away from the Sequester but Bob Woodward pinned it to his chest.

Now the Kool - Aid drinkers have turned on Bob Woodward!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I think we have overlap in agreeing that who "proposed" the sequester is a different question than who is to "blame" for the sequester?

The simple truth, and I would be shocked if anyone had the capacity to disconnect from reality enough to disagree, is that the Sequester was the ransom that the GOP exacted in order to raise the debt ceiling.

So it was "Sequester" or the USA going into default...which many on the right thought was a decent idea at the time. Does anyone remember that Christmas season? It was insanity with half the GOP in the house Screaming for default...so much so that the GOP in the Senate made public statements chastizing the house GOP...and the GOP leadership held mini-classes to try and educate the new GOP congressman on how defaulting on our bills was a horrible idea.

So if you get mugged tomorrow and someone points a gun at you and tells you they want your wallet, and you instead offer your watch and they take it...it would be stretch to claim that the mugging was your idea.

edit on 7-3-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join