It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air for sale $0.80 a can

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
If I could make a wish
I think Id pass
Cant think of anything I need
No cigarettes, no sleep, no light, no sound
Nothing to eat, no books to read

Making love with you
Has left me peaceful, warm, and tired
What more could I ask
Theres nothing left to be desired
Peace came upon me and it leaves me weak
So sleep, silent angel, go to sleep

Sometimes, all I need is the air that I breathe
And to love you
All I need is the air that I breathe
Yes to love you
All I need is the air that I breathe

Now you can walk around all day with that song stuck in your head on repeat!!!! Your welcome.....

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmiec
reply to post by skuly

China isn't just destroying their environment. They are destroying the planets environment. Fresh water will one day be worth it's weight in gold if we don't reign in the careless polluters like China.

That's alarmist thinking.

Water can be purified easily.

Unless you mean in the post apocalyptic neo-world where we have to avoid being outside or get rad exposure, and we sit around the indoor tree, telling tales of when xbox was god and all worshipped the mighty controller.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Been in booths on the street in Japan-China now for 15 or so years...a quarter (used to be a quarter)...for you to get in the booth, close the door and breathe pure oxygen for 5 minutes. Then you put your mask back on and go back into the pollution. I beleive its been since around 1995 or so.

Used to be photo booths, telephone booths and now oxygen booths...woulda thought?!!!!!?

But that's not because there is a pollution problem, they huff pure o2 for the buzz.

You know there was even a time when you could go into a bar and huff alcohol vapour?

it's novelty not necessity.

not yet anyway.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

There is a lot of water in the world but at any one time, very little is available for us to use. Most of the fresh water is locked away in ice caps, less than one percent is in the ground and about 0.3% occurs in rivers and lakes, the source we rely on most.

Fresh water is not plentiful unfortunately. Desalination plants are costly to run and there are not many in existance.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Paste:
www.scienceclarified.com...

Incorrect. In Mexico City and Tokyo, the linked article is but only one, speaking of street smog booths in the 1960’s and thru the 1990’s and beyond as the inspiration for those bars.

At 1st, on the streets…they really did it to BREATHE. At least for a moment.

“As early as the 1960s, smog-ridden cities such as Tokyo and Mexico City were equipped with coin-operated oxygen booths—a sort of "phone booth for the lungs." After inserting the appropriate amount of money, a person received a dose of oxygen for inhaling. This idea, spawned by necessity, is the likely inspiration for a rather bizarre fad that took hold in the trendier cities of North America during the mid-1990s: oxygen bars...”

edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
articles.orlandosentinel.com...

And...more: This from 1991

Smoggy Mexico City Plans Oxygen Booths - Orlando Sentinel

Feb 24, 1991 – Here's the latest notion to fight this city's smog, widely known as the world's worst: oxygen booths for quick hits of an increasingly elusive ...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

reply to post by roadgravel

I remember that. It was a joke though. Like the pet rock. I don't think this one is a joke. Maybe I'm wrong, i hope so.

It was used for removing dust from camera lens, etc. Not just a joke.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I have always thought that America should impose a tarrif on imported goods from major polluters like China. Other countries impose tariffs on our exports. Turn about is fair play. The carbon tax that they are talking about imposing on America should be aimed at China instead. We could compete globally if they leveled the playing field a bit.

Now that actually makes a good deal of sense! The Government was largely meant to fund itself and run by tariffs and fees. Everyone's been running around since Daddy Bush and his New World Order nonsense spouting free trade zones and free everything. Well, why is it, it always seems free to everyone else and we end up screwed? It was the free trade insanity to allow companies to just relocate without any real penalty beyond transport costs to dirt cheap markets that got us into some of the mess, IMO.

Tariffs would be the solution, if we hadn't "treatied" ourselves out of choices for that.

edit on 3-3-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This has already been posted. Also, it's a stunt by a billionaire trying to bring to light the terrible air quality in China. He's already mentioned its not to actually "sell air", but to bring attention to the "crisis".
edit on 3-3-2013 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I've been wondering when this would get popular ever since I saw space balls

i wonder what's next

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
It's quite ironic that we are trying to save the air we breath, with Kyoto, and other excessive taxation's and legislation's and yet in creating this product (and allowing its creation) we are adding to the problem (unnecessary emissions, etc.). Why can't people with this amount of money to literally waste create companies and work that provide jobs and actually better our standard of living. Technology seems the asteroid and we the flailing dinosaurs.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Philanthropist right........

What a jerk. He's a billionaire but that wasn't enough entertainment for him. He needs to make a mockery of the situation. Sure pal. How about investing some of the money in something sustainable instead.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Do you remember the days when you looked at people buying bottle water and thought why

I always used to wonder that. Then I saw this, and realized. That the guy who thought up bottled water wasn't the genius, it was the person who remarketed it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join