It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light blamed for circle of fire

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Tasmanian police and firefighters are unable to explain the source of a beam of light which reportedly fell from the sky and formed a circle of fire in a Hobart suburb.

Early yesterday morning police and fire crews received calls from concerned residents in Carnegie Street at Claremont, who reported seeing a bright light igniting a fire in a nearby paddock.

"We thought a flare or something may have landed there, but we couldn't find any cause."

I had no idea where to post this, but the headline and the photo of damage certainly caught my eye.

Here's the article, and the picture for closer inspection:

Perhaps a small meteor disintegrated just before impact, or maybe ball lightning, but other than that I'm not sure what could do this.

I might actually start looking to dedicated UFO sites to see if anyone reported anything before or after this happened, Just in case...
edit on 3-3-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-3-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Thecakeisalie

Interesting find OP,

I'm fascinated by these events, but have never really gotten anywhere near an explanation. I do remember seeing a series of videos by a woman on youtube who was recording UFO's in nightvision. There was one (possibly two) video which showed one of the UFO's using what looked like a laser beam.

EDIT: found it

She calls it a search beam (in a ridiculously cutesy voice). Happens at around 10secs in
edit on 3-3-2013 by Thundersmurf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Just read this on a local news website

Not sure what could cause this .

Does anyone have a natural explanation or heard of similar events like this end up having a simple explanation?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Someone's beat you tithe thread I'm afraid
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Posted earlier here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join