It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Stop the War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I was really touched by this video and forgive me but we are all humans and is the price of anything really worth the suffering that confict causes?

I know it will never change but I just wanted to share.

People are people no matter where you live. A human life is worth more than a strategic alliance, the price of a barrel of oil, influence in a region.

Just stop already.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
WOW !!!!! EXCELLENT !!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Thank you so much for posting that video what an amazing start to my day having the privilege to watch that and listen to that voice. Usually I detest shows like X-Factor but today I am glad that they exist just so that people like him get their chance to realise their dream and I get to listen to that humbling story and beautiful voice.

S&F OP, and a tear.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Damn, I've got the sniffles. Moved to tears. I know deep down inside that the answer to all woes is to love one another and be our brother's keeper. I don't do too well at this but I'll make a special effort tomorrow to be kind. I hope very much that I succeed.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

James Blunt served as an Army Captain in Kosovo.

edit on 3-3-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Sincerely thanks for the video.

It's unfortunate that we need a stupid TV show to remind us or our humanity.
It's unfortunate that we need to see an image of a handicap Arab kid to remind us that we are ALL the SAME.

Stop the freaking wars, illegal wars based on lies.

- All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

James Blunt served as an Army Captain in Kosovo.

edit on 3-3-2013 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

A beautiful man and poet. We all know this won't be thrown at us over and over again via the media outlets. If so people would question their carte blanche support for war. They may question what it means. And then, they may truly try to think.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Just curious: which war?

Iran-Iraq War, Gulf War, Kurd or Shia Uprising, OIF, or something I may have missed.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
Sincerely thanks for the video.

It's unfortunate that we need a stupid TV show to remind us or our humanity.
It's unfortunate that we need to see an image of a handicap Arab kid to remind us that we are ALL the SAME.

Stop the freaking wars, illegal wars based on lies.

- All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Your last sentence seems to be the problem, do we stand and fight against the evils of humanity, or do we appease them? Doing the right thing may not always be the popular idea, sometimes the right thing has to be justified and codified through a manipulation of ideas, or even it may only appear that way to those who cannot recompense the evil necessary to combat evil.

new topics

top topics

join