It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing Star

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Heh I guess you don't spend much time under the night sky ?
Stars disappearing is nothing new and what more are they stars at all ?

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsiOpSky
reply to post by WanDash

...Heh I guess you don't spend much time under the night sky ?

Care to add any more?
That's a sort of vague response.
If you read my various replies in this thread, you might come to a different conclusion than your opening statement... Or...maybe not.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsiOpSky
reply to post by WanDash

Heh I guess you don't spend much time under the night sky ?

vague, & partially innaccurate:

Stars disappear, but usually in a supernova, & over a certain length of time.

They don't just go "poof!" & oh well that ones instantly gone...

I get the impression that Wandash just googled "disappearing stars" & posted his findings.

I have witnessed the disappearing star phenomenon as well, in early 2011. Perfectly clear skies. It began the most amazing year or so of incredible sightings.

Fast forward to now, about 15 sightings later, & I've seen "them" in my apartment, & have recorded them in audio form. They do not want to show up for me on video...yet. They call themselves the ZETA.

It is more of a faction than a race- some are typical greys, some are more obviously reptilian. some think nothing of me, some even like me.

At least one kept calling me a "GEE-sah".

After a lot of sleuthing I discovered the Enocian word "Gisa" (meaning "cosmic nourishment"). Google "John Dee" & you'll see a possible renaissance contactee. Only he called them "angels", & later "demons" (they are neither).

edit on 25-3-2013 by PeachesEnRegalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeachesEnRegalia
...Stars disappear, but usually in a supernova, & over a certain length of time.
...I get the impression that Wandash just googled "disappearing stars" & posted his findings.
...I have witnessed the disappearing star phenomenon as well, in early 2011. Perfectly clear skies. It began the most amazing year or so of incredible sightings.

While appreciating the time you put into responding, and sharing your experiences & findings, sorry to inform that you're "impression" is inaccurate.
The OP is factual... No googling preceded the same, and...in case you didn't actually read the OP (which seems apparent by the comment), the star "reappeared" (though, neither "disappear" or "reappear" are entirely accurate representations...merely terms used to describe the effect).
Good luck with the indoor filming.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
A few years ago, I was outside taking the dogs for a walk, and had noticed a bright star in the direction of Sirius. It didn't pulsate, it was just big and bright. I didn't have stellarium then, so I couldn't identify it.
The sky was completely clear- no clouds.

Shortly after observing the star, I walked over to a backyard birthday barbeque. I looked at the same star through the night, and on the walk home pointed the star out to my husband. It was the brightest in the sky, pale blue.

As we both looked at it, it flashed larger, then blinked out

The weirdest thing I noticed, is that it didn't move from its position relative to where we were. As the night goes on, the stars look like they move, as the earth rotates - this one didnt. It held its spot in the sky until it blinked out.

I was googling everything I could think of to figure out what happened to it, but nothing said that a star would just vanish instantly, with no traces left.

I have no idea what type of cosmic event we saw. Space can be mysterious and really interesting.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
A few years ago, I was outside taking the dogs for a walk, and had noticed a bright star in the direction of Sirius. It didn't pulsate, it was just big and bright. I didn't have stellarium then, so I couldn't identify it.
The sky was completely clear- no clouds.
...Shortly after observing the star, I walked over to a backyard birthday barbeque. I looked at the same star through the night, and on the walk home pointed the star out to my husband. It was the brightest in the sky, pale blue.
...As we both looked at it, it flashed larger, then blinked out

...The weirdest thing I noticed, is that it didn't move from its position relative to where we were. As the night goes on, the stars look like they move, as the earth rotates - this one didnt. It held its spot in the sky until it blinked out.
...I was googling everything I could think of to figure out what happened to it, but nothing said that a star would just vanish instantly, with no traces left.
...I have no idea what type of cosmic event we saw. Space can be mysterious and really interesting.

That is certainly a puzzling tale.
In such a scenario as yours (and in the OP), I am left questioning the "reality" of this existence, and/or my own sanity (at least).
With yours - it's like a bulb in a string of Christmas lights "going out". It is also strange, that the "star" held its position in the night sky relative to your view... (as if it were in a stationary orbit).
Thanks for relating your experience.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
...If you are far enough north for the big dipper to be directly overhead, Crux will never be visible from your location. You need to work on your constellation identification skills.

Yes, yes... Those constellation identification skills...
I don't think I've ever had any. Remember the Big Dipper & Little Dipper... Seems, at one time, both of these were possible to view - at the same time...but, for the last decades, I can't seem to find the smaller of the two.
Old age and senility - my excuse.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Hi Wandash- that you for your thoughtfull & patient reply!

Yes I missed the part about it re-apearring (the one I saw didn't)- I use a library computer- & sometimes I'm running out of time- "Oops only 4 minutes left!", so I cannot always put the necessary time into my posts!

btw I'm not questioning the OPs experience, just the idea that a star can just blink out- now if something passes in front of it-this is another idea altogether, but the object would have to be very large indeed- which raises it's own questions as to what this would be...

But to just go *blink* ... & it's gone- this isn't supposed to happen. I feel it may be related to the spherical lights in the sky phenomenon, but as to exactly what this is, could I even begin to understand? Hmm...I'll have to ask them that

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeachesEnRegalia
...Hi Wandash- that you for your thoughtfull & patient reply!
...Yes I missed the part about it re-apearring (the one I saw didn't)- I use a library computer- & sometimes I'm running out of time- "Oops only 4 minutes left!", so I cannot always put the necessary time into my posts!

...btw I'm not questioning the OPs experience, just the idea that a star can just blink out- now if something passes in front of it-this is another idea altogether, but the object would have to be very large indeed- which raises it's own questions as to what this would be...
...But to just go *blink* ... & it's gone- this isn't supposed to happen. I feel it may be related to the spherical lights in the sky phenomenon, but as to exactly what this is, could I even begin to understand? Hmm...I'll have to ask them that

Thank you PeachesEnRegalia
As you say - the object (if, indeed, there was "an object") would have to be very large to render this effect.
I do appreciate you giving further thought to this questionable phenomenon. As it stands, I don't think anyone that has replied, has seen/experienced the same as I related.
The "star" in question is one of the more prominent stars in the night sky where I live...and, it has returned dutifully to its station & path ever since...AND...I've not been able to repeat the "phenomenon". So - my guess is -
1. There was an unlit object of significant size directly between my sight-line and said star for a brief few minutes on the night in question; or
2. The mind can halucinate the most bizarre-ly inane 'sights'...that are totally irrelevant!
Again - thanks for taking your time to respond...again.

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I have seen moving objects that look like mid bright stars which sometimes get brighter and sometimes fade to nothing. They do not blink and move to quickly to be any conventional aircraft. My spouse and I speculate that they might be drones. We started seeing them in spring of 2010.

Additionally, Venus has often looked to me as you describe. The other night it did disappear. Spouse assures me it was high thin moving clouds. And it might have been. BUT -

Does ANYONE remember Venus looking the way it has the past couple of years from their youth? It's like a red, white, and blue pulsar. It draws the eye in a way that cannot be avoided. So why, in 2010 did I suddenly see it for the first time ever? Now you can't miss it. Anyone else notice this as a distinct change?

posted on Mar, 26 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by watcher3339
I have seen moving objects that look like mid bright stars which sometimes get brighter and sometimes fade to nothing. They do not blink and move to quickly to be any conventional aircraft. My spouse and I speculate that they might be drones. We started seeing them in spring of 2010.
...Additionally, Venus has often looked to me as you describe. The other night it did disappear. Spouse assures me it was high thin moving clouds. And it might have been. BUT -
...Does ANYONE remember Venus looking the way it has the past couple of years from their youth? It's like a red, white, and blue pulsar. It draws the eye in a way that cannot be avoided. So why, in 2010 did I suddenly see it for the first time ever? Now you can't miss it. Anyone else notice this as a distinct change?

I have seen objects as you described (in the first paragraph) in the past... In fact, I "logged" two such incidents in the Fall of 2008. I don't know, though, that I would be able to characterize them as "drones", as they both appeared to by "flying" within the Earth's atmosphere, then abruptly changed direction "up and out" of the atmosphere (and out of view).
I can't really answer your second question, as I'm still not certain "which" night light is Venus...all the time.
Thanks for your contribution!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Lastnight I had a similar experience. And I am still questioning my sanity.
The only difference is that in my case I was familiar with the star or stars.
The reason I include plural is that I saw the entire crux constellation AND the two bright ones to the left of it(think its the centaur) disappear.
The Sky was mostly clear. First crux went fading out one by one, then the other two.
I observed the blank spot in the sky for about 5minutes. Then I went inside as I felt shaken by what I had observed.
After about half hour I calmed down and worked the courage to see if they had returned.
They were back.
Definitely another "WOW" moment.

I'm with the OP on this one

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by pZion

About 8 or so years ago I went out side to look at the stars. I noticed what appeared to be a big patch of nothing but darkness. You could actually see this darkness against the night sky and it was like a huge square. As it moved slowly back and forth stars would come out and vanish behind it again.

I thought I might have been seeing things so I called my sister out and we both watched it. No noise and whatever this was, it was really large. My sister said it might be some type of cloud and decided to go back in and I finally did too. However it was a patch that was the shape of a square and there were no clouds visible that I could see.

I wish I knew what it was and sadly I have no idea if it is related to what the op saw or not.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by pZion
Lastnight I had a similar experience. And I am still questioning my sanity.
The only difference is that in my case I was familiar with the star or stars.
The reason I include plural is that I saw the entire crux constellation AND the two bright ones to the left of it(think its the centaur) disappear.
The Sky was mostly clear. First crux went fading out one by one, then the other two.
I observed the blank spot in the sky for about 5minutes. Then I went inside as I felt shaken by what I had observed.
After about half hour I calmed down and worked the courage to see if they had returned.
They were back.
Definitely another "WOW" moment.

I'm with the OP on this one

5 minutes!
I suppose there was no way of confirming that the stars didn't disappear due to cloud movement...?
Of course - I guess if they hadn't returned after the thirty minutes (or so), we would have had a lot more to discuss!
Thanks for sharing this.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkhiway2
...About 8 or so years ago I went out side to look at the stars. I noticed what appeared to be a big patch of nothing but darkness. You could actually see this darkness against the night sky and it was like a huge square. As it moved slowly back and forth stars would come out and vanish behind it again.

I thought I might have been seeing things so I called my sister out and we both watched it. No noise and whatever this was, it was really large. My sister said it might be some type of cloud and decided to go back in and I finally did too. However it was a patch that was the shape of a square and there were no clouds visible that I could see.

I wish I knew what it was and sadly I have no idea if it is related to what the op saw or not.

I have had an experience at least as mysterious as this...but have written about it, elsewhere on ATS, and won't bother you with it, now.
The fact that your sister witnessed this with you, is the more titillating aspect. Sometimes, when I've been working on the computer, or watching tv, or doing something else that keeps my eyes trained in a position for a while (different kinds of lighting seem to add to the effect), I will develop a "blind spot" or "blind zone" in my vision that results in something like you've described. But, with someone experiencing the phenomenon with you --- !
Would be nice to know if your sister remembers this (and would corroborate your account).
Thanks for speaking up!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash
First thread - Posting it to the Grey Area because of "no proof"...but, want to see if anyone-else, here, has experienced or witnessed the same...and what explanation/s might have come from any "vetting".
Thanks for your consideration.

Stepped outside...to my back porch to smoke about 11:25 PM, March 2, 2013.
Looked into the night sky (as usual), facing east...and at about 33* a particular star was pulsing rather spectacularly.
I figured it was the usual star that is most brilliant in the evening hours...and continued watching it... Looked at some of the other stars that were visible to see if any of them seemed to be throbbing in similar fashion... None caught my eye.
As far as I could tell, there were no clouds in the sky (just watched the weather on Channel 9) and...we were supposedly under clear skies...
As my normal motions moved me slightly...the star disappeared. I moved a bit...and it reappeared.
I moved in a number of directions to see if my eyes were playing tricks on me...or what...and, whatever would block the view of the star wasn't much larger (from my perspective) than the star, itself...but, it was apparently larger.
This only lasted for three or four minutes...and then, the phenomenon was gone.

There are a set of telephone wires, and a power line just below the line of sight... When moving (stooping/bending) to see if "they" could have been the "obliterator"...I found that explanation to be impossible, as, at no point, would they "completely" block the view of the star. There are no trees tall enough to have come close to blocking the view...
If it had been a cloud...the cloud would need to have been a looonnnggg distance away, at great altitude...and quite solid...and held a fairly stationary position for a good 3 or 4 minutes.
Don't think it could be explained away with an orbiting satellite...for at least two reasons - 1) size, and 2) positioning.
So - am simply wondering what you think could have caused the anomaly.

Presuming that I'm not making this up.
No pictures.
I have a camera that "might" have been able to accomplish the task - if I knew how to work it appropriately...but...I don't...and, by the time I realized something worth considering was actually taking place, it would have taken too long to retrieve the camera and station myself appropriately to capture the same...
So - If you're inclined to speculate, I will be appreciative of all genuine attempts.
Will be heading for bed soon...so - may not get back to any replies 'til rested.
Thanks.
edit on 3/3/2013 by WanDash because: o for p

edit on 3/3/2013 by WanDash because: i before e
I think we saw that star too? It was toward the east and it was pulseing different colors for quite some time and then it just faded away. My cousin boyfriend had notice it before the rest of us had notice it. And they thought it was a UFO, cause of aircraft passing it one after another.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by kennethmd
...I think we saw that star too? It was toward the east and it was pulseing different colors for quite some time and then it just faded away. My cousin boyfriend had notice it before the rest of us had notice it. And they thought it was a UFO, cause of aircraft passing it one after another.

Would this have been within the past couple/few days, or around or about the date of the OP?
In any case - were you driving when this happened, or sitting/standing outside somewhere?
Thanks for adding your tale to the mix!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Thank you for the kind words of sharing this and I will ask my sister about it tonight. I'm pretty sure she will remember this as my family have had lots of weird things happen over the years. I can't start my own threads yet and do not wish to try and hijack this one.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I seen the same thing happen tonight as i was coming home from work. in the north east... thought i was just seeing things. It flash red then go white then it would disappear then come back so strange!!!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Perhaps you may have seen one of these..

www.share-international.org...

Even though this site has Anti-Christ written all over it, I assure you these star ships are 100% real.
edit on 14-3-2014 by JDJ333 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join