It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officers 4 year Old just shot himself dead near my hometown- This WILL be national news.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Can't you ALL put politics aside for 1 minute?
Seriously, every single comment I've read brought up politics. and it's BOTH sides doing it. Don't act like it's just the other side.

# you all.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Don't want to be "sad", but this won't make national news in USA i think. Every years kids die off guns in USA. I remember a news that a kidergarden kids kills off a other one with a gun for their parents...

You got too much guns, you said : It dont kill, people kill....

So these kids surely wanted to die or kill other kids ?

You just don't understand the value of life and that gun are make TO KILL. Taser are made for defense and sometime can kill, gun are make for KILLING and sometime just hurt.

I hope america got a logical brain soon.

P.S : english is my 2nd language

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Very sad story......

My sympathies for all who are affected by this.

I agree with other posters that the double standards we experience in this country needs to go the way of the Dodo. There should not be 2 sets of laws based on who you know or how much money you have, yet there is.

In this case it seems to be apparent that there was clear negligence, so sad.....this did not have to happen.

Edit @ ghost I understand where you are coming from dude, I really do. I think most people are sick of everyone that uses every single tragedy as a platform for thier personal beliefs. Having said that, and I agree people should see this first as a tragedy as that is what it is, you have to expect that politics will creep into it as it always does.
edit on 3-3-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: EDIT:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Another child. It's heartbreaking.
And anyone else wouldn't be able to sit at home and comfort their wife, they'd be in a room somewhere being interrogated or something, why is this guy allowed to be different?!
one rule for one and one rule for another.
I'm all for anyone should be allowed to own a gun, but why keep them around kids?!
Jesus, it should be a first priority to keep them away from kids.
And this will be used for the 'disarm America' campaign, it's just a shame this story does nothing but give them reason to push it.
R.I.P. little one x

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
-Okay, I just woke up... And...No update.

In fact, MLIVE has censored most of the comments from last night which spoke anything about a double standard although the comments were completely within the TOS listed on their site.

His name is Mark Easter. although there has not been an Official release (MODS: I am not slandering anyone, I am from this community and know people who know the family- The Media" just will not release his name)- They keep talking about "sympathy" and such and an "accident" but last year a father here accidently served spiked lemonade to his Son and was NOT given the same "sympathy" for his "accident"- he was hauled into jail. Also (i mentioned before) a 12 year Old boy found a Shotgun in an Attic last year and accidently shot himself (he lived) and while he was being airlifted, his father was being interrogated , was charged and his name publicly released.

-THIS is an issue about double standards. About you and I living under one set of rules while the Police (and Powerful) live under another,.

They say "the facts are niot all in yet..." What more is there to know? Either the Gun Fairy is randomly dropping Firearms into 4 year olds playpens OR there was a locked and loaded Firearm in reach of an unsupervised 4 year old.

I am beyond angry right now- At the censorship of our LOCAL: News media, at the way the Easter family is being treated while other families here have went through similar things (NOT resulting in death) and were imprisoned, questioned and put on trial in the Public Media right away.Their Names, mugshots (of facebook pictures) , etc...

Politics aside, we live in a multi-tiered society and it becoming more evident daily. PERSONALLY (not that it matters) I think the way the Officer and his family are being treated should be how ALL families are treated in a case such as this- But it isnt close.
EDIT: And YES- For those of who you get my overall point here- I thank you. If this isnt national news it proves that there is an agenda to only promote stories that serve their purpose- More on this later because there still are some things I know and cannot yet discuss (but the media knows...) This could really be sensationalized but since this happened to a Sheriff and not a "dope dealer" or "Conspiracy theorist's" child- it just isnt going to fit... Lets just say...NVM. More to come as it breaks.

-
edit on 3-3-2013 by DarKPenguiN because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
OH MY GOD LET'S CONFISCATE ALL FIREARMS NOW!!!

THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!

GUNS ARE SOOOOOOOOO EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! AWWWWWWW!!!!!! OOOOOHHH!!!!!

(sarcasm of course^^^)

I'm so sick of people using tragedies like this to promote gun control nonsense and I'm done being sensitive to victims and their families. Guns dont kill people and in this situation it was irresponsible parents that killed someone.

So, yes, I will be keeping my guns and, no, the govt will not be getting them anytime soon.

Moving on now...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicks87

(sarcasm of course^^^)

I'm so sick of people using tragedies like this to promote gun control nonsense and I'm done being sensitive to victims and their families. Guns dont kill people and in this situation it was irresponsible parents that killed someone.

So, yes, I will be keeping my guns and, no, the govt will not be getting them anytime soon.

Moving on now...

Have you read any of this??? This is not at all being used towards that goal in the media or with most of these posts (with a few exceptions)-

Nobody is talking about "taking anybodys guns" but I am sure you saw this was about a shooting and came here without bothering to read and just posted your opinion on a political issue.

-TOTALLY it was the irresponsible Parent(s). And (for clarification) I am a Firearm advocate and supporter of the 2nd amendment. I never brought this up to start a "gun debate" and even the media will not go there on this one. I brought this up abut a blatant double standard.

-Let me clarify further- Had this happened to you or I we would be in Jail Cell right now. We would not be comforting ur family and on a paid leave from our Job. We woyuld not be protected from having opur name and picture splashed all over the media- We would have had CPS take our other Children living in the home and seize our VAST collection of weapons. If we had a facebook which showed pictures of our Children holding ASSAULT WEAPONS (i.e. media spin) they would be plastered all over CNN with "ANOTHER NEEDLESS TRAGEDY"- But this man is a Sheriff and he is being treated far different than you or (even his name is being protected ATM) and this is NOT making news because it would NOT fit the agenda (as he is one of those "trained" to protect us and who the media supports in being armed)

EDIT: And yes, those things I mentioned (like a facebook page showing his Children holding High Powered weapons)- Thats there for the taking... I want you guys to think of how this would be treated had this happened to one of us who is NOT a Sheriff... THIS is my point.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

ohhh, this is the first in a very long time that i wish i did FB ... i'd be all over it.

THIS is my point.
agreed.

heck, when a friend's story made the 'news', there was a google map to the VICTIMs address included

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

(sarcasm of course^^^)

Moving on now...

Have you read any of this??? This is not at all being used towards that goal in the media or with most of these posts (with a few exceptions)-

Nobody is talking about "taking anybodys guns" but I am sure you saw this was about a shooting and came here without bothering to read and just posted your opinion on a political issue.

-TOTALLY it was the irresponsible Parent(s). And (for clarification) I am a Firearm advocate and supporter of the 2nd amendment. I never brought this up to start a "gun debate" and even the media will not go there on this one. I brought this up abut a blatant double standard.

-Let me clarify further- Had this happened to you or I we would be in Jail Cell right now. We would not be comforting ur family and on a paid leave from our Job. We woyuld not be protected from having opur name and picture splashed all over the media- We would have had CPS take our other Children living in the home and seize our VAST collection of weapons. If we had a facebook which showed pictures of our Children holding ASSAULT WEAPONS (i.e. media spin) they would be plastered all over CNN with "ANOTHER NEEDLESS TRAGEDY"- But this man is a Sheriff and he is being treated far different than you or (even his name is being protected ATM) and this is NOT making news because it would NOT fit the agenda (as he is one of those "trained" to protect us and who the media supports in being armed)

EDIT: And yes, those things I mentioned (like a facebook page showing his Children holding High Powered weapons)- Thats there for the taking... I want you guys to think of how this would be treated had this happened to one of us who is NOT a Sheriff... THIS is my point.

No, I see your point, my post was more of a preemptive strike against the anti-gun people that infest these forums.

The media doesnt publicize the death of children at the hands of gang violence either because like you said it doesnt fit their agenda.

I wasnt trying to hijack your thread. I was trying to put into words my frustration with the anti-gun rhetoric thats spouted on ATS everytime the topic comes up.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarKPenguiN

(sarcasm of course^^^)

Moving on now...

No, I see your point, my post was more of a preemptive strike against the anti-gun people that infest these forums.

The media doesnt publicize the death of children at the hands of gang violence either because like you said it doesnt fit their agenda.

I wasnt trying to hijack your thread. I was trying to put into words my frustration with the anti-gun rhetoric thats spouted on ATS everytime the topic comes up.

NP- My appologies. This has me really upset.

This is a sample of comments they keep pulling (ovver 200 comments pulled already)- This guy has posted this like 20 times and they keep pulling it.
cj
If this happened to a child in the seven hundred block of South Jackson, a parent or parents would be taken to jail and the prosecutor's office would bring their heavy-handed tactics against them, as well as any other children being removed from the household. This happened to a sheriff's deputy living in the seven thousand block of South Jackson, so there will be preferential treatment given.

My condolences, not that a four-year-old went straight to heaven, but for the sad separation that must be endured.

-I have had tons of comments pulled including merely saying...

"MLIVE, I hope you will make certain this family is treated the same as a civilian family- You are our media, our 'watchdogs' as it were- Please ask the tough questions- my condolences for the family of this tragedy"

-AND THEY PULLED MY COMMENT

-This County (while I love it) is soooo crooked. If you are the Family of a prosecutor, Judge etc....A member of the Police Force or extremely wealthy you are almost "untouchable"- The varying sentences and treatment between the people is sickening.
www.mlive.com... (post included to link comments which are not there, lol)

-Thanks for clarifying though. I am allowing my emotions to get in the way of even properly forming a post...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by BoogieMan911
reply to post by Sek82

Dead kids don't make you mad?
Have a heart.

You are right, it is an outrage, and I say let's not stop at this. Too many children also die in drunk driving accidents. It is just way too easy for drunken fools to gain access to vehicles. Let's start a petition to ban cars...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Terrible situation and prays for the family having to deal with the loss of a child.

God Bless

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
i think it'll prove to be but a mere "blip on the screen", with regards 'national news' ... a quick blurb @ 6, 10 & perhaps 11 ... nothing moar.

There won't likely be any sort of public outcry, or gain from those who wish to use the incident 'politically', because it was a member of law enforcement who 'owned/housed' the gun - which i'm quite certain is the point attempting to be made here. (?)

Citizen A would typically be encountering and having to undergo Numerous interviews, statements &/or interrogations to 'Protect' his/her innocence

while

Officer/Sheriff B is afforded 'time off with pay' to handel arrangements and console/mourn their loss of a child, Due to their OWN Damn Negligence!!!

's that about right OP?

It would seem so, and I do have to agree, it's Just not Right, but, for the most part, How It Is.

edit on 3/3/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

You are absolutely right. Had this gun belonged to the average Joe there would be outrage in D.C. before they even had time to bury the child. A police officer though, well we can't be making a big deal out of that. It might indicate a lack of overall responsibility rather than just pointing out that average people are too stupid to have guns and are all criminals in waiting.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a sad story indeed. r.i.p. little guy. i'm sure his parents are devastated.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This has been posted for 17 hours and still nothing on this on the national news wire. This is a tragic death which could have been easily avoided.

However, even this tragedy won't spark outrage amongst American gun owners.

I think the average media outlet will ignore this as just another senseless death which could have easily been prevented with British style gun regulations which require all guns at home to be kept unloaded in a safe, with ammunition kept in a seperate locked box within that same safe. American gun owners will say that such laws will prevent them from reaching their guns when someone comes into their home uninvited.

Other nations say that such laws are just common sense.
edit on 3-3-2013 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
what a tragic situation.

my views on ATS are public...i dont understand the whole "american" way with guns. i have since changed about my views in that i think you should all be allowed to have your guns...but make the bullets $1000 each.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder

Originally posted by Sek82
Hey I have an idea.
How about mandatory home inspections of all firearms owners?
The DHS could head this up, and the inspections will be frequent, random, and unannounced.

That is the worst idea I have heard in quite some time.
I agree.

This was meant as a joke, but this could be our future if we let them enact whatever law or restriction they want.
edit on 3-3-2013 by Sek82 because: eta

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
Can't you ALL put politics aside for 1 minute?
Seriously, every single comment I've read brought up politics. and it's BOTH sides doing it. Don't act like it's just the other side.

# you all.

Don't mean to nit pick, but I didn't mention a thing about politics in my post.
So please count me out of your # you all.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Yet another child killed by a gun, there HAS to be action.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If you are going to have kids and/or guns you need to be responsible.

This is not about a gun loving culture or some stupid crap like that. This was a cop, last I checked all cops have guns.

That being said just today my wife and I were out with my son and shot a .40 and .380. Guess what no one was hurt. No one died. Things were done correctly. Things were done safely. The firearms were held and used with the respect that if handled incorrectly a life could be lost. We had fun.

My son (6 years old) is being taught to respect a firearm. Not to fear them, but how to correctly hold them and has watched both of his parents fire a few. He is a bit small for both of those but he will shoot a small .22 rifle later on. He knows to treat every firearm as if it were loaded and not to aim it anywhere he does not want to shoot. He also knows not to go near the trigger until he is ready to shoot.

It is not the guns fault. It was simply sitting there. The problem is teaching your child about guns properly. Gun haters can hate all they want, but put the blame in the correct spot. This being a cop should know these rules better than anyone. If you have a kid in the house teach them proper firearm handling, as well as having the firearms away from their reach.

For instance the .40 my wife will use for CC has a lockable case; it also has a slide lock as well that requires a certain tool to unlock. Regardless of the safety being on or off this gun will be useless if the slide is locked even if loaded.

For home protection I have a 12 gauge with a dummy shell in the chamber. It is ready for action after I turn the safety off and eject the dummy round. It is not in an area where my son can get to it without my help. He is being trained about firearms. I learned at a young age and he will as well. You do not just leave guns lying around and not teach kids about them or accidents will happen. I blame the father and only the father in this case.

Raist

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join