It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officers 4 year Old just shot himself dead near my hometown- This WILL be national news.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
what a tragic situation.

my views on ATS are public...i dont understand the whole "american" way with guns. i have since changed about my views in that i think you should all be allowed to have your guns...but make the bullets $1000 each.

Good thing you are not the President/dictator in the U.S.A. even though people like you would LOVE to be...

How about we make it so you being able to post your views cost you $1,000 each word? Whether bullets are used to shoot at intruders, or whatever the fact of the matter is, the fact is that owning and bearing a firearm is a RIGHT, and firearms without bullets are useless...

If you don't understand this point then just don't get involved in what you don't understand... It's that simple... More intelligent, and more pacifist people than you, such as Gandhi and the Dalai Lama have had expressed that they felt, or feel that people should have the right to defend themselves and have firearms...

You probably don't understand it, and are not wise enough to understand it because unlike them you have NEVER in your entire life found yourself living under dictatorships where the people were barred from owning firearms, and yeah I know that in Australia guns are banned, although I am sure there are other weapons allowed, but your country hasn't become a dictatorship, yet. But when the time comes, and it will come, you might look back and say one day "now I understand why so many Americans wanted to keep their RIGHT to own and bear arms", until then stop trying to be a dictator and just live your life mkay? Thank you.

edit on 3-3-2013 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Anyway, as to the point in this thread, it was a tragedy, and unfortunately there are times when parents can't keep track of their children every minute. The child might swallow something that gets stucked in his/her throat and die. Or he she might swallowsome househld liquid that is toxic. Or he/she might put his/her little fingers to the wall outlets and die as well. There are literally thousands of ways in which children can, and DO die each year all over the world, yet no one is calling for those to be banned.

It is always a tragedy when a child dies, and I find it ironic that most of the same people who are so ardent opponents of firearms claiming they want to make the world safer for the children by banning all weapons are the same ones who are in favor of all kinds of abortions in which innocent human fetuses/babies are murdered daily all around the world... But of course, only when it benefits these same people do they want "the world a safer place for children" but at other times they don't really give a hoot.

You might try to make excuses that "but it is different" but in fact it isn't, both are innocent human lives.

Yes, unfortunately this event will be used again to further the agenda of those who get their panties in a bunch when they even hear the word "gun/firearm".

It is also unfortunate that if this were to happen to a regular family, like the op said they would have been imprisoned immediately and charged in the wrongful death of this child.

I just find it apalling that to this day people still use the deaths of children, or innocent people to further their anti-gun agenda...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoogieMan911
Another dead kid.
Guns don't kill people, people kill people?
It's the pathetic gun loving culture that caused this.
We need our guns to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government? Yeah right. You gun freaks ain't done jack so far, while the government walks all over you.

Another family who did not lock up their guns properly. The trigger does not pull itself. The gun does not develop legs and walk over into the hands of a child. Responsible gun ownership is important. Say NO to a govt nanny state.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by votan
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Same thing happens with tools, pools, cars and hazardous chemicals. I am all for gun bans. Just as long as ALL governments disarm first.

This. A million times.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
This isn't, and won't, be reported nationally...not a peep that I can find.
MSNBC, FOX CBS NBC CNN...not a peep yet.

...doesn't fit the agenda

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

If the media and anti-gunners wish to be consistent then we should now start to hear how cops don't need guns, but we won't. This will be reported for exactly what it is... an isolated incident, just like Aurora, just like Sandy Hook, et al... This ONE cop had a moment of irresponsibility and it cost the life of his child, and that is so tragic. If this guy wasn't a cop the news would be all over this saying that this is just more evidence of why the public at large must be disarmed. I am a gun owner and I have three very young children, and I can't imagine how I would feel if this happened in my house. I can tell you with certainty that it will not, unless one of my kids becomes an expert safe cracker.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
A four year old killed himself in Houston last week. Dad's gun laying out. I think the frenzy mob is over.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Poor wee dude, rest in peace!

I suppose going along the same lines as all the other Gun control crap that has been about lately then Police officers should not be allowed to to carry firearms and certainly not be permitted to store them at home after this incident.

I hate Police but my heart goes out to the family.

R.I.P

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
What a horrible incident, the loss of such young life is intense. Thankfully, matter is not simply destroyed but rather moves from one state to the next - I believe this corresponds to the 'soul' of a person as well ( reincarnation being a possibility ). So, in other words the state of the child who died is a loss of chance to live in that particular body, but the possibility/probability to experience life again on Earth. This being the case, it is never wrong to investigate the death and speak of the misfortune.

I agree, if the parents had left the weapon so unsecure that a child was able to find it and operate it then they were being irresponsible gun owners. Guns, especially in a house with children who do not understand yet the difference between a toy gun, how guns work in movies versus real guns and how real guns work - deserve a lock. Wether that be a locked wood case, a safe or a simple gun lock for the gun iself.

Leaving a weapon out in the open, loaded for a child to access is wrong. Rather than give them media attention, and sympathy for their loss - as if they did all that they could yet their gun took their child's life - they should be held accountable.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
my heart goes out to that mans child.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Very sad, and these things happen, just like young children eating and drinking poison and falling out of windows. you just have to be careful, life is a dangerous place and people will get hurt

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
There has always been and always will be double standards. Maybe we should alert the media.....seriously.....because they are obviously lacking.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
This is a clear case of double standards, if the father had not been a cop he would be in a jail cell right now, because he is a cop, they give him a break, this makes me sick.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Some are like, it is so irresponsible, he should have been more careful, this would never happen in our house.

Kids that age are just old enough to be motor coordinated and curious as a cat, but to young to understand consequences for their actions. They get into everything.

Turn your back for a moment and they have a book of matches in their hands or find the knife drawer, an electrical socket, dun dun dun dunnn, the medicine cabinet.

Accidents never happen.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
so if it's reported it's bieng used for an agenda....but this is the first I've seen it.....cough cough

(what a waste with all the executive orders already being signed as well as most states new laws already negotiated and agreed to)

who really has the agenda here ? from where I sit it's you

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Kids with guns aren't dangerous. Kids with guns who have never been taught the basics of firearm safety are. Education is the key to preventing these types of tragedies, and if you have a very young child who isn't old enough to know any better than to play with guns for God's sake please lock them up or otherwise secure them.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BoogieMan911

"Dead kids don't make you mad?"

dead fake kids make me more mad ^^

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I agree that there are double standards, but honestly I'd rather go to jail at that point. I'd want to seal myself inside of a concrete barricade and never see another person in my life. The worst thing in the world would be trying to comfort my wife.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Why is this dumb cop not in jail? why is mainstream media NOT making a big deal about this?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl
i think you should all be allowed to have your guns...but make the bullets $1000 each.

Looks like I'd need to start picking up extra hours if I want to go skeet shooting on the weekends

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join