It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police officers 4 year Old just shot himself dead near my hometown- This WILL be national news.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Tragic news. I can't imagine the guilt one must bear to know they are responsible for the death of their child. I can imagine how that could rip a marriage apart with blame.

Always think of what can be learned so this can be prevented. Lock those firearms up. Hiding isn't good enough.

I can think of two deaths involving people I know who thought the gun was well hidden.

edit on 3/3/2013 by sad_eyed_lady because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by seaez

don't you folks even read the stories linked anymore ??

LIBERTY TWP, MI — Jackson County Sheriff Steve Rand confirmed
sheeeeesh

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

edit on 3-3-2013 by foursecondpin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by DarKPenguiN

Whats that statistics about gun owners more likely to die by their own guns? Stupid cop. Next time have the gun locked up. He probably had it on the table.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by BoogieMan911
reply to post by Sek82

Dead kids don't make you mad?
Have a heart.
Not mad, though I am regretful that this accident was not prevented as it should have been.

Originally posted by Tomylong
This gun could be the mothers gun. The kid could have found the night stand hand gun. Somehow seen the parents put it there and the rest is history. Sad but could be true. Or in moms purse. Just guessing.
Good point. I like your post because it encourages us to wait for facts before passing judgement (Like me assuming it is the officer's firearm). Of course, the underlining theme will remain the same - Keep them out of reach of those who shouldn't be touching them.

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
Always think of what can be learned so this can be prevented. Lock those firearms up. Hiding isn't good enough.
Well said, yes we should certainly learn from others mistakes whenever we can.

Exploring ways to keep firearms secure yet accessible when they are needed can help save lives in the future, although there are some options out there now such as keypad gun safes that can go a long ways in preventing these accidents.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by BoogieMan911

I stared your post but I have to spit hairs a moment.

Another dead kid.
Guns don't kill people, people kill people?
It's the pathetic gun loving culture that caused this.

I’ll change that to:

‘Another dead kid.
Pools/cars don’t kill people, people kill people?
It’s the pathetic pool/car loving culture that caused this.’

But on this point I wholeheartedly agree!

We need our guns to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government? Yeah right. You gun freaks ain't done jack so far, while the government walks all over you.

peace

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Oh, Come on,

This is America...no one is to blame for their own actions or inactions. Its always someone or something elses fault. Stupid gun unsecured itself and shot me, stupid meth made me lose all my teeth, stupid hamburgers made me obese, stupid friends made me a gang member and forced me to rob the liquor store, but its not my fault, pity me, rehabilitate me,spend your tax money on me, use me to further your causes, ill be your poster boy, i need the attention anyway, ive had such a piss poor life, i DESERVE more than that....right?

Oh thats right this is the new USA, i cant fail. And i certainly wouldnt learn a damn thing if i could, not when ive got so many things to blame for my crappy life, and a society that lets me with a government more than willing to tell me whats best for me and all i gotta give up is a few 237 year old rights fought for by by people i cant even name.....this is awesome.

Sorry for the sarcastic rant, just really fed up.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Same thing happens with tools, pools, cars and hazardous chemicals. I am all for gun bans. Just as long as ALL governments disarm first.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by seaez

Yes, I have no idea why the OP decided to not do a simple Google search...or did they?

This happened about a week ago. And why is the first result after searching "4 year old shoots himself" saying it happened in Virginia? There is something odd about this story. I'm gonna look into more.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Another dead kid.
We need our guns to protect ourselves from a tyrannical government? Yeah right. You gun freaks ain't done jack so far, while the government walks all over you.

Sounds like you are trying to instigate something. Something dangerous. Something illegal. Us "gun freaks" are apparently a little more stable than you are because we are not going to make the first move. We love our country. It is the behavior of our elected officials and their Wall St. handlers that we are not so enamored with. However most of us still hope that we will be able to elect honest folks who will return us to the government our founding fathers intended. I hope that you will not be disappointed to see that happen.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by theAnswer1111
reply to post by seaez

Yes, I have no idea why the OP decided to not do a simple Google search...or did they?

This happened about a week ago. And why is the first result after searching "4 year old shoots himself" saying it happened in Virginia? There is something odd about this story. I'm gonna look into more.

+
I dont know why you didnt do a simple "click my link" search- (I am the OP) lol

Here- This JUST HAPPENED and it isnt the story you have...www.mlive.com...
My link was in the OP, BTW but here it is again...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sek82
Hey I have an idea.
How about mandatory home inspections of all firearms owners?
The DHS could head this up, and the inspections will be frequent, random, and unannounced.

That is the worst idea I have heard in quite some time. How about mandatory home inspections of anyone who has children? Mandatory home inspections of anyone who has purchased liquor? Mandatory home inspections of anyone who has been prescribed medication? Mandatory home inspections of anyone who owns an automobile?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
ALERT: My intuition tells me that there is something very odd about these patterns of gun violence pertaining to children.

Before this story is a fishy story from July 26, 2012, just days after the suspicious Aurora event.

Notice the age of the kid is 4...and the "witness" says something odd:

Four-year-old boy shoots himself in the head in Virginia after finding a handgun in a pickup truck.

A man whose family lives on the street said the boy’s death was a tragedy and it made him think about last week’s massacre in Aurora, Colo., where a gunman fired into a crowded movie theater killing 12 and wounding 58 others. David, who declined to give his last name, told WTOP there should be MORE RESTRICTIONS ON GUNS.

Source

Then we have the SH shootings that targeted 4-6 year old kids. We all know the oddities with that story...

And now we have this story out of Texas. A 4 year old.

Hmm. It seems that attacks on High Schools, Malls and Cinemas are not doing the trick as far as tugging the heartstrings of the masses. The US dollar is failing and there will be Civil unrest soon. "They" don't want you armed when you realize the fiat currency in your bank that you slaved hard to earn is no longer worth the paper it's printed on. Just my view.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   

I was being sarcastic. Anyways, I guess I just expected more links for context. Thanks for the story.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

ALERT: My intuition tells me that there is something very odd about these patterns of gun violence pertaining to children.

Before this story is a fishy story from July 26, 2012, just days after the suspicious Aurora event.

Notice the age of the kid is 4...and the "witness" says something odd:

Four-year-old boy shoots himself in the head in Virginia after finding a handgun in a pickup truck.

A man whose family lives on the street said the boy’s death was a tragedy and it made him think about last week’s massacre in Aurora, Colo., where a gunman fired into a crowded movie theater killing 12 and wounding 58 others. David, who declined to give his last name, told WTOP there should be MORE RESTRICTIONS ON GUNS.

Source

Then we have the SH shootings that targeted 4-6 year old kids. We all know the oddities with that story...

And now we have this story out of Texas. A 4 year old.

Hmm. It seems that attacks on High Schools, Malls and Cinemas are not doing the trick as far as tugging the heartstrings of the masses. The US dollar is failing and there will be Civil unrest soon. "They" don't want you armed when you realize the fiat currency in your bank that you slaved hard to earn is no longer worth the paper it's printed on. Just my view.

Not in this case (I have no clue about the others)- I know people on dispatch and in the Sheriffs dept- Also Liberty township is a small community and I have several friends who know the family personally... This was a case of an idiot not being responsible in securing his weapon and his wife not supervision the child.

There is no conspiracy here- I know more and cannot say it because it has not yet been released but will update soon- Suffice it to say there is a huge double standard- Even note the quote coming from the Sheriffs office "“This just serves as a reminder that we need to be vigilant when it comes to keeping our children safe,” Rand said...Not even a mention of the unsecured weapon .

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   

I was being sarcastic. Anyways, I guess I just expected more links for context. Thanks for the story.

NP sorry =P

My sarcasm meter seems to be broken as I have missed like three sarcastic remarks tonite, lol... Bee a lonbg night.

That is the only "official" information thus far anywhere- I know its sparse.

Lansing News has been all over here so I imagine there will be an actual news story (via video) soon.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   

If I recall, didn't something like this happen awhile ago? I kind of remember a little boy finding his father's police revolver in a car and thought it was a toy gun and accidently shot himself?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
This will NOT be national news. Something like this happened a year ago in San Jose. You guys did't hear about it, did you? The father wasn't charged.

Link

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Another dead kid.

Not really the right place for it mate.

It's a tragedy. I have no idea what happened and emotional posts will only get you further to no where.

I just hope it does not turn into another god damned fiasco about actors and crap by the usual suspects - those people have no souls.

jesus god almighty, look.. its already started.. "something fishy"...
pathetic.

edit on 3-3-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join