Bill Maher Slams Food Industry and Failed GMO Labeling Vote. Funny Vid But in Bad Taste IMO.

page: 1

join

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
"Stop complaining when there's horse meat in your hamburger and your sushi is made out of lost cats and condoms."

How much more truth do we need? Give them an inch on our veggies and beef and soon we'll have Card board cauliflower and everything will be a mystery meat sandwich.

"I can deal with the tuna not being tuna but WTF is the eel?"

Ok, It's funny but how funny is it? My question is why he makes fun of the people eating crap? What are you doing Bill? Making for a smooth transition where we just accept our alloted food products because you can make us laugh about it?

Hmmmm?

I just don't find it being fodder for a SNL like skit.

I like Bill but if he wants to be truly helpful, stop making light of the issues we all need to address instead of just looking for a laugh and a rating.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I like Bill but if he wants to be truly helpful, stop making light of the issues we all need to address instead of just looking for a laugh and a rating.

Did you overlook the fact that he is a comedian? Of course he is going for the laughs and ratings that's his job. And he is right the food industry is feeding the public crap.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Did you overlook the fact that he is a comedian? Of course he is going for the laughs and ratings that's his job. And he is right the food industry is feeding the public crap.

Nope, Made it understood that he does it for laughs.

But....laughs can work 2 ways. Make light of an impossible situation or just wash that situation off until the next laugh. All for the money of course.

Some things are just not funny IMO.

Peace

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
How funny.
I just got done watching that show as a repeat on HBO.
Laughed my ass off!

Unless you go out and kill it yourself,there is no telling what they present to you as food.And even then,you are not sure what that game has consumed.
And Bill,well,he is a comedian ,so you take it as it is.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
What better way to awake the masses to things through comedy?
I love Bill, his show is the only type of US comedy I watch oh and Snoop Lion? he is a dude

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Ok, It's funny but how funny is it? My question is why he makes fun of the people eating crap? What are you doing Bill? Making for a smooth transition where we just accept our alloted food products because you can make us laugh about it?

Hmmmm?

Did your own thread end up confusing you?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Turq1

Originally posted by jude11

Hmmmm?

Did your own thread end up confusing you?

Did your reply make any sense?

Or did you even read the OP?

Peace

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   
He was taking the piss because they down voted GMO labels and then get annoyed about horse meat . He was stating that isn't it ironic that something as bad as GMO is something that is not worthy of labeling but people are shocked about eating meat that was incorrectly labeled .
I thought it was funny and should make the idiot population think about GMO.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by pillock
He was taking the piss because they down voted GMO labels and then get annoyed about horse meat . He was stating that isn't it ironic that something as bad as GMO is something that is not worthy of labeling but people are shocked about eating meat that was incorrectly labeled .
I thought it was funny and should make the idiot population think about GMO.

Exactly - he's using sarcasm to make a serious point.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
A case of the OP not understanding what Maher was actually saying.

Which leads me to the conclusion that 99% of all threads here should be in the Hoax bin.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thebtheb

Exactly - he's using sarcasm to make a serious point.

Some, if not most people are so gullible that if presented with a serious situation in a funny matter will then not take it seriously. Jokes like these will leave most people accepting the problem as OK

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I don't always agree with Maher, but I am a sarcastic pr!ck myself for the most part so I can appreciate the trait in others.

If this is what it takes to make people see that we are heading for a problem...so be it. This generally sinks in better than the Fox news 5 alarm warnings...no one pays attention to them...if this makes people stop and say "hmmm...I wonder what THIS is made out of"...that is a good thing.

We are damaging our world...we are eating too much of all the wrong things. I am a Libertarian and I believe in freedom, but I am also a human being...I have to live in this world and so do my children. He didn't mention it and I am not going to dig up sources for all the pukes that don't want to accept this...but we have killed off something like 90% of all the big game species in the ocean...got that?...

If you want to know the facts...look it up...the effort to find it for yourself might make you wake up rather than being spoon fed like you have the biggest part of your fat ass, lazy life.

We are doing this all wrong and in another generation...well...welcome to your pond scum and caterpillar sandwiches....but then...those that refuse to see the truth will get and eat exactly what they deserve...soylent green anyone?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Very well done - this is so much better done then the bitching I've been doing over this vote.

Thanks for posting

new topics
top topics

join