It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last Momments [LOWWC]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
" I said throw the damn grenade Sammy, just throw it ! " Franks yelled at the top of his lings as he shuddered in stark fear. Sammy grinned as he waited, " Five, four, three, and BOMBS AWAY...!" The grenade rolled down the hillside bouncing of the wads of grass ad dirt all the way to the bottom. Ka-BOOM! Blood splattered everywhere around them. Sammy peeked over the ridge below. " YeHaw Man, I got'em, did you hear that Frank ? " Sammy looked for another moment and then slapped the dirt with his hand, " That'll teach you ! " He turned to look at Frank and nearly lost his breath. Only a stump remained where his head should have been. " C'mon man, not you ! " Sammy cried. " That's it, I had it with you insects ! "

Sammy reached into his pocket and took out the small transceiver he had and opened the com. " This is Sammy Conners, team 41, we're done here, initiate fail-safe 24 in five minutes." Sammy put the com down next to him, only now noticing that his leg was somehow hit by incoming fire. It didn't matter anyways because in less than five minutes this tiny moonlet would be a burnt cinder. It was only one of thousands in orbit around the blue giant planet below. It would take a man about twelve hours to walk around it's equator, yet every one of these tiny moonlets had atmospheres and held a gravity comparable to the old earth he remembered as a child.

Below, thousands of insectoids gathered for a final charge up the hill. They formed elite formations and began their ascent up the side of the hill. Above all of them a death ship from the United Confederation darkened the sky. Suddenly there was a blast of light and the ship cracked into two separate pieces and exploded, disintegrating and vanishing from sight. " No ! " Sammy cried out, " NO NO NO ! " He looked down at the advancing insectoid army, almost upon him. " I'm sorry I couldn't live to see you die, " he wispered as he pulled a small silver cylinder from his pack that lay on the ground next to him. He turned the cap three times and then pressed it in. After a few seconds it began to glow red and then white.

In the distance a blinding flash brighter than a thousand suns filled the blackened sky of space as a tiny world faded from existence leaving only a faint afterglow of red and yellow embers. Sammy was no more. neither were the insectoids. Back on earth, the daytime sky darkened under a cloud of invading ships. An insectoid invasion was underway. But it was to no avail as humankind had long since abandoned the desolate world many centuries before. Sammy had remembered in his last moments about the old stories of the place they once called Earth. " Just stories, just stories," he whispered as he closed his eyes for the last time.

edit on 2-3-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in rain... Time to die.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

That was interesting friend

Your story was really good and made an impact on me.

Thanks for sharing. I havent written a short story yet...kinda scared to I guess. poetry it is for me

peace and love
~nat the blue eyed cat~

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by natalia
reply to post by Fromabove

That was interesting friend

Your story was really good and made an impact on me.

Thanks for sharing. I havent written a short story yet...kinda scared to I guess. poetry it is for me

peace and love
~nat the blue eyed cat~

Don't be scared just do it. let it flow out of you, that's the best way. tell it like you see and feel it. All that writers do is tell the story they receive from who knows where. It comes to you and you just put it to paper, or in this case, to keyboard.

edit on 3-3-2013 by Fromabove because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join