It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bank Of Dave

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Hi ALL,

Did a search and came up nothing, this guy is a true inspiration against the banking system.
He took the the banking system and the FSA in the UK.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
the uploader has not made it available in the USA

so I guess this is a UK specific topic, or could it apply here in the states too?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
shame he got shut down by the fsa, but then he truely believes his in a free market, shame

funBox

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Well having a view on he's website he's still open and running, didn't wanna spoil the video for other watchers but the FSA grant him a license for peer to peer lending.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterOfTheDamned

Sorry forgot to mention this was shown on UK tv channel 4

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Baldric

i really hate people and companies (YES YOU BBC) that still in this day and age restrict ONLINE content to the small boundaries where they fart, because of some copyright bollocks.

"Oooh nooo you can't see it, this is 1920, not the internet!"

good thing it's not a tv show or I'd download it just to thumb my nose at them.

ps, Australia here, restricted video.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Baldric

peer to peer ? is that like the Muslims cash pot , a prize winner every month garenteed?

funBox

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Sorry for those who are restricted viewing, only video i could find of the full show on youtube.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

I'm not a banker but i understand that he can only loan out the money he receives from savings, and also has to have that backed up with insurance.

Try watching the video and you'll understand, sorry if you can't.

Basically he gives savers 5% interest and loans the money out to local area and community, when the banks have refused them. Any profits he makes he donates fully to charity.

The banks and FSA don't like it, they have people queuing to take money out, and he's got queuing for savers. quite remarkable.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Baldric

are you under the age of 18 baldric ?, that link goes to the age restrictions page

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

I wish lol

I'm more than double that and a tad more on top as well, link works fine for me.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
seems like the video is all but missing on you tube , heres a bit of a rt report that explains some

funBox

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Thanks for that video link reply Funbox.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Baldric

no worries , its bugging me that i cannot watch the video again , if i can get it off youtube i can maybe reupload it so its watchable.

trying

funBox

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
if you want to see that movie you can use a simple program called hotspot shield 2.8
then it should allow you to view it from anywhere

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
ok got part 1 up , appologies for the 15 min thing , but ill be a arsehole in hell before i give them my mob

rest to follow

not least

final part, an thats me spent, *laughs at the lunancy of the last statement*

funBox
edit on 2-3-2013 by funbox because: wolves at clawpoint forced me to add

edit on 2-3-2013 by funbox because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2013 by funbox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Thank you OP for posting this and also thanks to @Funbox for finding a way to embed the vids here so folks in other places could watch them.

I am so glad that I stumbled upon this thread because this guy is awesome and an inspiration.It just goes to show what can be done on a local,community level and what is possible,but of course TPTB and big wig bankers and Wall St. do not want news of this sort to get out and no surprise that the "FSA" tried to put the ki-bosh on it.
It was great that the person from Germany got wind of Dave's struggle and invited him out there to see how they are doing is successfully and have been for the past 100+ years.S+F

This was definitely and hour of my time well spent.

edit on (3/3/1313 by amrith777 because: edit to announce star and flag

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by funbox

Kudos to Funbox, thanks alot for the video contributions, and opening it up for others to view.

Very much appreciated
edit on 3-3-2013 by Baldric because: Spelling error =)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I remember catching this when it aired. Brilliant example of what can be achieved if one is determined enough. Though I thought the whole thing of him not being able to call his business a bank, well, says it all really doesn't it. They didn't want an outsider making themselves a part of the establishment (let alone compete with them) so he was forced to call his business "Bank on Dave" and not The BANK of Dave.

Its a good watch. The Halal Loan. Classic.

edit on 3-3-2013 by threewisemonkeys because: (no reason given)

top topics

join