It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO Encounters - part one

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Hello everyone on ATS.

I believed in Extra Terrestrial intelligence and felt it was at least possible that we were and still are being visited by advanced ET's before I joined ATS in 2010 and had even seen the occasional strange light in the night sky before hand but had never witnessed anything that couldn't have been explained away as a Chinese lantern,helicopter or shooting star.

That all changed in the wee hours of the 29th of June 2011.

Before I go on, it's important to me on a personal level to explain why I have taken so long to post my stories on ATS. The simple and honest answer is embarrassment and fear of not being believed but my confidence has grown over time and now I feel confident and comfortable enough to say what I am about to say, thanks in no small part, to ATS.

Sighting number one ~

Place ~ Sitting alone in a vehicle in Glasgow's east side, outside a late night venue.

Date/ time ~ 2am - 29th of June 2011.

Weather ~ Cool and dry.

Night sky ~ Exceptionally bright and clear.

Number of witnesses ~ One [ me ]. I was actually shocked to find that no one else reported anything strange in the media or on social networks at the time.

Looking out my side window, my attention was drawn to a motionless, white, circular light in the sky over the north of the city. As big as Venus but not as bright, it sat in the middle of the horizon, completely unobstructed for all to see. I watched it sitting there for about 2 minutes.

I remember thinking to myself that I had just saw Venus over the east of the city less than an hour before spotting this similar looking light over the north of the city. Sure enough, when I got out of the vehicle,Venus was still over the east of the city. As I looked at the UFO, wondering to myself "what the **** is that" for another minute or so, I was utterly shocked at what it did next. The white orb suddenly shot across the sky in a straight line to the horizon and vanished into thin air! There is only way to describe its acceleration. Zero - Sci fi speed, covering between 7 and 10 miles ( est ) in the blink of an eye!

My conclusion ~

This thing was controlled.Nothing on Earth could move that fast, unless our top secret technology is far, far ,far more advanced than Joe Public is led to believe.

All questions and opinions and comments welcome but as my 2nd story is quite long I will leave that for another time.Thanks to all who participate in the thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MisterMiyagi

Sounds great..
cant wait to see all the footage you captured
surely you documented a rare phenomenon like this, right ?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Motherwell here...Must have missed that one.......see my thread on UFO in the UK....thanks for sharing

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Good point and a fair question.

When I initially saw the orb I honestly thought it had to be a star or balloon or Venus or something mundane. In short I never thought it was anything worthy of filming.

Just as I felt it might be worthy of filming - it was gone.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

to bad.. would love to see one myself
perhaps you should seek out the same location on a bright and clear night same time, and bring a camera and a tripod and keep it rolling.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The weird thing is 'I want to believe'. When my father was young, he saw an extraterrestrial craft on a mountain on vancouver island. The sighting was backed up by his siblings and they ran home to my grandma telling her " he wants to go in, don't let him go in, don't let them take him.' All my family corroborates his story. When I've asked him about it he tears up and does not want to talk about it. It weird because he's a practical person who's successful and has done well for himself, he's the last person i'd think to make anything up. When he was in the hottub with my stepmother (who's really grounded in her beliefs) I heard them run in from outside when i was living with him a few years back. They saw a football sized craft hovering above and rocket off upwards. It was there for a over a minute they said. My stepmom was crying. She didn't believe in ET's. She does now. I might.
edit on 2-3-2013 by Born2BWildReloaded because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-3-2013 by Born2BWildReloaded because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I don't have anything sophisticated to film with other than my cell
phone and I get the feeling these sightings don't come along too often.

I'm 49 soon and have never seen anything move that fast before or since.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I been thinking of buying a HD camera, put it in a plastic bag and make it face the skies at night on the roof of my house, and record it all on a big disk.

I captured a UFO once doing daylight like that, with a cheaper camera.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Hello Motherwell,

I'm unsure of any relation or connection you are suggesting or making between our sightings, other than they both take place in Scotland and the north of our respective towns? or am I missing something?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

I would love to see that footage Spacepider.My extremely bizarre 2nd UFO sighting was in the daytime.

Do you have a copy or a link where I can view your film?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterMiyagi

I would love to see that footage Spacepider.My extremely bizarre 2nd UFO sighting was in the daytime.

Do you have a copy or a link where I can view your film?

sure, but you must watch it at 720p HD full screen to see the strangeness
UFO at 7:20 til 7:45 notice how its wobbeling like a worm

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Born2BWildReloaded

Thanks for the thoughtful response Born2BWildReloaded.

I can very much relate to your fathers story. It is much harder to open up and face ridicule than many imagine.I always thought I would calmly tell everyone I know if I had a UFO encounter but people tend to sneer or laugh which can be hard to accept.

Believe me, it took a lotta nerve on my part to post this thread and given the fact that my 2nd sighting was far more inexplicable, far more bizarre, it will be an even greater test of my own personal resolve than I could have possibly anticipated before my close encounters to post the details of that particular sighting on ATS.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Impressive footage. Definitely looks like an intelligently controlled craft of some kind.

Nice catch.

new topics

top topics

join