It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fine tuning the Search feature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
In the past I have made some threads that turned out to be posted already. I can understand that the titles may be different but I could not understand why putting information into the search feature was not being picked up from the body of the OP and it was becoming frustrating. Today I had a thought on what could make this happen so I decided to test it out.

I went to one of my threads and copied a section out of the quoted post from the article and put it through the search feature here on ATS. No results found. I realized that I had chosen a section from an external post quote so I went to another thread where I had simply used the normal quote, copied a section, and once again put it through the search feature. Again, No results found.

What this tells me is that the search feature is not reading quoted posts and if the main information is quoted a search for that information in posting a thread will show the topic as not posted. If the search feature could be fine tuned to read the quoted information it could help in cutting down on duplicate threads.

Thank you for your consideration.
edit on 2-3-2013 by Agarta because: wording

join