It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Making Sense Of The Cuts

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
It looks like the cuts in Washington are about to effect us all in many different ways, many have tried to warn us of this, and yet here it is happening. Now today I find the breakdown of how it is going to happen. The cuts are going to effect us in many ways and even to the food we eat. Our travel by air will be effected, our security will be harmed, and the list goes on and on. But there will be many who just do not believe this so here is the link as follows: news.msn.com... I hope this is as informative to all of you as it was to me.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
We have to make cuts though...that's what I don't understand how people can complain...we have to rip that bandaid off...we can't keep kicking the proverbial ball down the street..we have to start drastically cutting back..hurt a little now or suffer a lot later? Am I wrong?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by thunder57

You will have to grow another head just to understand what the whores in congress are doing once you understand that is not such thing as cut for spending but more screwing of the working class

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
yet we will still spend billions more this year, than we did last year.

and billions more than that, next year.

nobody is going to feel a damn thing.

these are cuts to the growth in spending.
not
spending cuts.

if last week i spent $100.
this week i "plan" to spend $105
but then say i'am going to cut that, and only spend $103.
is that a "cut"?
or
did i spend $3 more?

just because obama says something doesn't make it so.

after all he does have a doctorate in lying.

and your source is a liberal rag!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
All I can answer to this is you sound as if you do not shop for groceries, or pay your own electric bills, all of which are on the rise but have your wages? Now you can call the article a rag all you wish, and you can hide your head in the sand, but when your food is no longer safe to eat, and travel is unsafe who will you run to. Will you still stand there and make excuses? Or for once will you final open your eyes, all you have to do is go out and see the how expensive it costs just to get a gallon of gas, or milk for that manner. You may have a good income now, but what will it be like when the cost infringes upon that as well, will you still be saying the same thing as you are now? Or will you be in the same boat looking for a way to bail out.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thunder57
All I can answer to this is you sound as if you do not shop for groceries, or pay your own electric bills, all of which are on the rise but have your wages? Now you can call the article a rag all you wish, and you can hide your head in the sand, but when your food is no longer safe to eat, and travel is unsafe who will you run to. Will you still stand there and make excuses? Or for once will you final open your eyes, all you have to do is go out and see the how expensive it costs just to get a gallon of gas, or milk for that manner. You may have a good income now, but what will it be like when the cost infringes upon that as well, will you still be saying the same thing as you are now? Or will you be in the same boat looking for a way to bail out.

umm yes, i own a home, pay all the bills myself, and i shop for my own groceries.

electric bill?
oh that reminds me.
obamas war on coal hits your electric bill

$357 per megawatt.
i can't wait to pay that bill, on my own...

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Just for a little "reality check." Obama, in an attempt at political brinksmanship--NOT leadership or statesmanship--WANTS hard times for America--just to make political points aiming towards taking Congress in 2014. A small but oh so spiteful example, the US taxpayer funds spend for Obama's recent weekend w/Tiger Woods (and NOT including Mrs. O's sojourn to Colorado to ski durining the same weekend) would have SAVED (ie kept employed) 341 Federal employees.

www.americanthinker.com...

PRIOR to the golf outing, SequesteriaMania was already starting..so wouldn't a "leader" draw back and try to (at least symbolically) "save" funds for "essential" Federal employees? n
Nah...fore!!!

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
the real kicker is these 'cuts' that are not really cuts, but rather
non budget for next year, are being made at all the wrong places.

I fully agree, we need actual 'cuts' not just next year you cant spend more than you did
this year. But we need to cut the waste first.

Poor baby government wont get to take free rides on military jet's to other countries..

Sorry, they get paid more than enough, if you need to go some where, how about cough
up some cash and pay for it.

Congress has no friggin clue what it means to live in the U.S. they live in their little padded fantacy
world. Each one of them has more money than any of us could ever imagine.

I'm all for cuts, But lets start cutting crap that shouldn't be paid for in the first place.
then look at things that matter and discuss those.

I'm sure anyone with half a brain if given the list of stuff our govt spends money on could come up
with a ton of places to cut more than enough cash to not only avoid the problems we now have but
even start paying our debt off, without even any real work involved.

It's not brain surgery, it's common sense....

oh i get it, never mind.. disregard, i forgot to remember, our govt has no common sense.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yes I am all for cuts as well, as long as the cuts are in the right places and do not endanger the American public. I do believe all members of Congress and the House, as well as the White should all take pay cuts until all this is over. But to cut heath and safety standards, or to leave us open to attack, just where is the thought process there? Then this trying to make us all live above our means is only hurting and weakening us all as a nation.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Be more conservative with your electricity use.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
When you have taken the taken time to build an energy efficient home, and filled it with all energy efficient appliances. Just in the effort of saving money and to see this still happening. Also adding to the fact that power is only used in a very minimal supply. Then going to the power company and questioning them about this only to find out that even if the meter is tested you are to be charged a fee wither the meter is good or bad, and to get the distinct opinion that they are being ordered to do this. Then where do you turn, Well I did search and my search led me straight back to the power supplier theirs lives TVA. It seems in the state of Tennessee the control of this fall upon the Fed. Gov`t. When they are called what do you think you get, well any answer but run around and no call backs is the only correct answer here. So the answer to your response is yes and with extreme follow through. So even in the rural markets they are dealing us a very hard blow, but with no one to complain to about it. So before you even try to say there has to be another way do your homework on this and checkout hoe Electric CO-OP`s work.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Stop calling the sequester budget "cuts." They aren't anything close to spending cuts, they are actually reducing the derivative of spending increases. For the calculus illiterate that means they are decreasing the rate of change of their spending or in even simpler terms, they are reducing the increase in spending from 5% to 3%. All of these definitions say the same thing though, they are STILL spending more money then last year. The government likes to downplay this little fact and Obama especially is really going overboard by making it sound like all of a sudden the government isn't going to have enough money to run. So in return they are intentionally making the situation worse with the furloughs. They don't have to furlough anyone, they ran the government at this capacity just fine with less money last year, yet all of a sudden need to furlough people when the government won't be able to spend as much as it wanted to this year, but still more than last year.

By the way your source, MSNBC is about as liberal as Fox News is conservative. Do you honestly think that they won't blow this WAY out of proportion? And all because Obama didn't want the sequester to happen. Do you really think that with the sequester in place suddenly terrorists and crooks are going to run rampant raping and destroying our way of life?
edit on 4-3-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by bjax9er

how about you come pay my bill for me.

$357 per megawatt is a 300% increase over the price today.

sure i could probably make due.

but what about the rest of the 20 million people who live in northeast ohio?

what about the businesses?

the jobs?

financial armagedon might very well start in ohio...

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
And on top of everything else try being the thousands of people who have to live on fixed incomes, who would suffer greatly without electricity. If you take the time to check to check there are precious few now out there even helping anymore help these people pay these very high bills. The choice is rapidly becoming wither to eat or stay warm. Somehow this is just not a fair trade off. I know that as a nation we are in trouble but to allow the fat cats to prosper while the rest suffer is a sorry waste of space. It is time to share and all start to work together not to fight and bicker as they are now doing in Washington. After all they are supposed to be the voice of the people, they are not the voice of the very rich. Without us the people they would not be there in the first place. Yet The ones we vote in are the one who`s who stall all progress towards any fix of the problems. It looks like it is now time to put these petty differences to the side and work together for a change. This, you have your side and we have ours is at a point of no return unless a mutual understanding is soon met. Enough with what I want, and what you want, It is time to work to work together. Like our forefathers said: "In Order To Form A More Perfect Union"

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er

reply to post by bjax9er

the jobs?

Come on down to Texas where it doesn't get all that cold! :-) (My power bill was under $90 last month)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Ok now all get this, I went to ask questions about the increase in the power rates in Tennessee. I started with the consumer Affairs Division. and was told they did not handle Rural CO-Op`s. So I asked who did? The answer was Tennessee Valley Authority, TVA for short. This is in essence the Federal Gov`t. and they are also the power producers. This is kinda like the fox in the henhouse. They sell the power to the Co-Op`s, set the prices, and the only place to complain to is them. I have already placed two calls to them and have waited over two weeks for a call back I know will never come. Monopoly much here you think, really sounds like it to me. No oversights and free reign to do whatever they wish. How is any of this fair in any way to the consumer?

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thunder57

I see MSN.com as informative as the rest. Meaning...not so much. I refuse to buy their line.

I don't see much really coming out of these cuts, unless this Admin wants them to actually hurt to further their agenda. Which I am pretty sure they will do.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Originally posted by bjax9er

reply to post by bjax9er

the jobs?

Come on down to Texas where it doesn't get all that cold! :-) (My power bill was under $90 last month)

I live in Ohio and paid $67. My A/C bill is a hell of lot more than that. It all boils down to people needing to live within their means, rather than their wants.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

But to hurt the country to just make a point is utterly redundant in any thinking persons book, even you have to know this. Would you knowingly hurt yourself or your family just to make a point, I would pray your answer would be no.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

edit on 6-3-2013 by thunder57 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join