It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MasterCard Using Justin Bieber To Promote Credit For Teens

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iwinder
reply to post by WhiteAlice

Good for you on saying flat out No.....

The US government could use you right about now.

Regards Iwinder

lol, I've heard that before but any political career I could have was pretty much nipped in the bud long ago. Besides, I'd probably have an aneurysm within the first year of office,

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Justin Bieber card is not that good there are many disadvantage of using cards for kids. Most money transaction today is done electronically or with plastic. Therefore, some feel that paying a kid's allowance on a prepaid debit card is a practical to teach them how cash works today. However, others see more difficulties with the cards than advantages, and that those lessons could be taught in more effective ways. Source of article: "Prepaid debit cards for kids"

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I don't think Mastercard or other businesses like it even needs to use a popular celebrity to lure teens or young adults into debt-it start with the attitude of the parents,or the individuals who raised the young person.If teens and young adults are taught,by observation through their childhood,that credit is the way to go,they propably see it as second nature,just the "way the world works".

If we as parents or caregivers feel the need to: have every latest gadget,the better car(though our current one is still just fine+gets us where we need to go) A new lounge suite(because really! we've had this one for YEARS,and mom's So tired of it) the very latest cellphones/pods/pads/whatever SMART
godeygad(because just now someone thinks im a loser if i use the model from 2 years ago,still) etc,etc...pity we cannot afford it-Oh Wait-we Can-on credit-YAYYYYY!!!
Then OF COURSE those shallow,ridiculous materialistic attitudes+values will be absorbed by the young ones in the care of people who believe that its imperative to keep up with the Jones's-or Mendozas or Smiths or O'Flanahans for that matter!!

What keeps the credit system afloat is materialism,and at its root is insecurity-and allowing other folks to make YOU feel like the loser for not having things you most likely do not really need.

posted on Mar, 22 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
While this is a debit card, why bother using it?Just a ploy to get the kids accustomed to moving forward to a credit card.
My Credit Union debit card is free of charge. Better to use that,still get your statements and no fees.
The only use for these cards are if you don't use a bank/credit union. Just seems pointless to me to spend money to put your money onto the card?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join